President Biden says he will take executive action to pardon all prior federal offenses of simple marijuana possession.

"Cannabis could be rescheduled either legislatively, through Congress, or through the executive branch. Congress has so far rejected all bills to reschedule cannabis. However, it is not unheard of for Congress to intervene in the drug scheduling process; in February 2000, for instance, the 105th Congress, in its second official session, passed Public Law 106-172, also known as the Hillory J. Farias and Samantha Reed Date-Rape Drug Prohibition Act of 2000,[21] adding GHB to Schedule I.[22] On June 23, 2011, Rep. Barney Frank and Rep. Ron Paul introduced H.R. 2306,[23] legislation that would completely remove cannabis from the federal schedules, limiting the federal government's role to policing cross-border or interstate transfers into states where it remains illegal.

The Controlled Substances Act also provides for a rulemaking process by which the United States Attorney General can reschedule cannabis administratively. "

From the Wiki-monster

There is nothing in your link that allows the USAG any roll in the declassification of a controlled substance. And the process outlined could take years.

Legalize it. All the way around. Decriminalize it. Hell, tax it if you wish.
Pot isn't driving violent drug dealers and cartels.

It's simple possession. Pot doesn't make you violent.
That's reserved for the narcotics and the legal drug (alcohol).

Actually with the higher THC content it's been proven that it does. THC driven psychoses is becoming more and more common. Also the dealers and cartels will still try to protect their market share with violence. It's happening right now even in States that have legalized recreational use.

There is nothing in your link that allows the USAG any roll in the declassification of a controlled substance. And the process outlined could take years.
LOL.

"The Controlled Substances Act also provides for a rulemaking process by which the United States Attorney General can reschedule cannabis administratively. "

Answer:

A.G. ABILITY TO RESCHEDULE WITHOUT ACT OF CONGRESS

The CSA allows the Attorney General to reschedule a drug if he finds that it does not meet the criteria for the schedule to which it has been assigned. 21 U.S.C. § 811(a); See also, Alliance for Cannabis Therapeutics v. Drug Enforcement Admin. 15 F.3d 1131, 1133, (C.A.D.C.,1994); Kuromiya v. U.S., 37 F.Supp.2d 717, 722 (E.D.Pa.,1999)(“There are provisions by which the Attorney General may change the designation of a particular controlled substance, either to move it up, down, or off of the schedules. See 21 U.S.C. § 811").

“In enacting the statutory classifications of controlled substances, Congress expressly provided that its initial designation of the schedules would remain in effect “unless and until amended pursuant to section 811 of [the CSA].” Olson v. Holder, 210 F.Supp.2d 985, 991-992 (S.D. Iowa, 2009), citing, U.S. v. Schrock, 855 F.2d 327, 331 (6th Cir.1988); See also, Nat'l Organization for Reform of Marijuana Laws (NORML) v. Bell, 488 F.Supp. 123, 141 (D.D.C.1980) (“In making the initial determination, Congress placed marijuana in Schedule I. The clear meaning of section 812(c) is that Congress intended marijuana to remain in Schedule I until such time as it might be reclassified by the Attorney General on the basis of more complete scientific information about the drug.”).

21 U.S.C. 903 – Attorney General has the ability to reassert the supremacy of the controlled substances act by finding that there has been a “positive conflict” between state laws that contravene or contradict the supremacy of the federal Controlled Substances Act.

To date, with 38 states having legalized cannabis either for medical marijuana or adult use programs, not one U.S. Attorney General has EVER found a positive conflict between the federal CSA prohibition of marijuana cannabis use for any reason despite the vast majority of the states determining otherwise and implementing legislation to legalize it.

LOL.

"The Controlled Substances Act also provides for a rulemaking process by which the United States Attorney General can reschedule cannabis administratively. "

Answer:

A.G. ABILITY TO RESCHEDULE WITHOUT ACT OF CONGRESS

The CSA allows the Attorney General to reschedule a drug if he finds that it does not meet the criteria for the schedule to which it has been assigned. 21 U.S.C. § 811(a); See also, Alliance for Cannabis Therapeutics v. Drug Enforcement Admin. 15 F.3d 1131, 1133, (C.A.D.C.,1994); Kuromiya v. U.S., 37 F.Supp.2d 717, 722 (E.D.Pa.,1999)(“There are provisions by which the Attorney General may change the designation of a particular controlled substance, either to move it up, down, or off of the schedules. See 21 U.S.C. § 811").

“In enacting the statutory classifications of controlled substances, Congress expressly provided that its initial designation of the schedules would remain in effect “unless and until amended pursuant to section 811 of [the CSA].” Olson v. Holder, 210 F.Supp.2d 985, 991-992 (S.D. Iowa, 2009), citing, U.S. v. Schrock, 855 F.2d 327, 331 (6th Cir.1988); See also, Nat'l Organization for Reform of Marijuana Laws (NORML) v. Bell, 488 F.Supp. 123, 141 (D.D.C.1980) (“In making the initial determination, Congress placed marijuana in Schedule I. The clear meaning of section 812(c) is that Congress intended marijuana to remain in Schedule I until such time as it might be reclassified by the Attorney General on the basis of more complete scientific information about the drug.”).

21 U.S.C. 903 – Attorney General has the ability to reassert the supremacy of the controlled substances act by finding that there has been a “positive conflict” between state laws that contravene or contradict the supremacy of the federal Controlled Substances Act.

To date, with 38 states having legalized cannabis either for medical marijuana or adult use programs, not one U.S. Attorney General has EVER found a positive conflict between the federal CSA prohibition of marijuana cannabis use for any reason despite the vast majority of the states determining otherwise and implementing legislation to legalize it.

Rescheduling and removing from all schedules it two different things. And what scientific evidence has been considered to even do that?

Rescheduling and removing from all schedules it two different things. And what scientific evidence has been considered to even do that?

As I said, Reschedule it.

Cannabinoids have been found to have antioxidant properties, unrelated to NMDA receptor antagonism. This new found property makes cannabinoids useful in the treatment and prophylaxis of wide variety of oxidation associated diseases, such as ischemic, age-related, inflammatory and autoimmune diseases. The cannabinoids are found to have particular application as neuroprotectants, for example in limiting neurological damage following ischemic insults, such as stroke and trauma, or in the treatment of neurodegenerative diseases, such as Alzheimer's disease, Parkinson's disease and HIV dementia. Nonpsychoactive cannabinoids, such as cannabidoil, are particularly advantageous to use because they avoid toxicity that is encountered with psychoactive cannabinoids at high doses useful in the method of the present invention. A particular disclosed class of cannabinoids useful as neuroprotective antioxidants is formula (I) wherein the R group is independently selected from the group consisting of H, CH3, and COCH3.

Guess which government filed a patent on this compound.

Last edited:
Really, name the ones charged with murder. I can link thousands of drug dealers that have been and the cartels kill people whosale.

now thats some funny shit righty there,,

so what youre trying to say is if someone isnt charged they didnt commit any murder???

and besides you said killed someone not murdered someone,,,

why would you change your words in mid stream like that??

As I said, Reschedule it.

Cannabinoids have been found to have antioxidant properties, unrelated to NMDA receptor antagonism. This new found property makes cannabinoids useful in the treatment and prophylaxis of wide variety of oxidation associated diseases, such as ischemic, age-related, inflammatory and autoimmune diseases. The cannabinoids are found to have particular application as neuroprotectants, for example in limiting neurological damage following ischemic insults, such as stroke and trauma, or in the treatment of neurodegenerative diseases, such as Alzheimer's disease, Parkinson's disease and HIV dementia. Nonpsychoactive cannabinoids, such as cannabidoil, are particularly advantageous to use because they avoid toxicity that is encountered with psychoactive cannabinoids at high doses useful in the method of the present invention. A particular disclosed class of cannabinoids useful as neuroprotective antioxidants is formula (I) wherein the R group is independently selected from the group consisting of H, CH3, and COCH3.

Guess which government filed a patent on this compound.

Yeah, that the reason for a wide use of CBD's, THC is not required for those therapeutic uses.

President Biden says he will pardon all prior federal marijuana-possession cases...congratulations Snoop Dogg and the rest

FeaLfMwWQAAajTH
I have no problem with this. Marijuana is legal in a lot of states already, and more will be on the way. No reason to keep people in prison for something that is no longer a crime.

The only thing i see wrong with this is, from what I understand, this really won't affect a lot of people, because there are not a lot of people in federal prison for simple possession, most in federal prison are there for dealer quantities.

Biden is, however, trying to get states to follow suit to release all of their simple possession detainees, which would account for the majority of them.

Forum List

Back