Predictions for 2016

I think the experiment has been done, with disappointing results. If people found out that doubling CO2 in a 1m^3 box raised the temp by, say, 0.05 C via heatsink of excited CO2 molecules, that would 'dilute' the message. People would laugh and wonder if this was what we should be spending trillions of dollars on.

This is why they NEVER post up the experiment.. Not to mention that water vapor cuts that expected rise in half as well in our atmosphere.

I predict you will never agree that land coverage of thermometers is not enough to translate into a global temperature.

Wrong. I fully agree with that. So, your prediction instantly fails.

And that's why there are so many buoys and floats measuring sea temperatures.

The only way to give a global temp is to make temps up

Damn, you're stupid. I know it's been said before, but you constantly surprise everyone with new stupidity.

BTW, where is that thermometer in the Arctic at? you know the one that had the temperature go up 50 degrees? where was that at?

I gave you a direct link to that Arctic ice buoy before.

This warm winter we're having | Page 35 | US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

AXIB Buoy 132472 Recent Data

Note how that buoy has gone between -8C and -41C. A 33C swing, over 50F.

You're not being stupid here. As I just showed, you're deliberately lying now. Go pound sand, liar.
and I gave you one back:
So where does the warmth come from in the Arctic since they don't see the sun? Please, I'm interested in how at a place with no sun can be warmer than a place with 10 hours of it? Please, you have my attention.

Like the article said, abnormally strong low and high pressure weather systems caused winds that drew warm air up from the south.

Is it the concept of "wind" that confuses you? Or are you declaring that the temperatures have been faked?
well ain't chicago between the south and the Arctic? oh the stupid. Canada and Europe and Russia, and any other land mass that isn't warming in the northern hemisphere.

Yes I'm declaring the temperatures have been faked, let's see the station and the temperature set. Name a station and I'll go look it up.

Oh wait here from Freak storm pushes North Pole 50 degrees above normal to melting point

"Although there are no permanent weather stations at the North Pole (or really anywhere in the Arctic Ocean), we can use weather forecast models, which ingest data from satellites and surrounding surface observations, to estimate conditions at Earth’s most northern location.

On Wednesday morning, temperatures over a vast area around North Pole were somewhere between 30 and 35 degrees Fahrenheit, and for at least a brief moment, surpassed the 32-degree threshold at exactly 90 degrees North, according to data from the GFS forecast model."

A model, not a thermometer. it is assumed.

Oh wait here from Freak storm pushes North Pole 50 degrees above normal to melting point

"Although there are no permanent weather stations at the North Pole (or really anywhere in the Arctic Ocean), we can use weather forecast models, which ingest data from satellites and surrounding surface observations, to estimate conditions at Earth’s most northern location.

On Wednesday morning, temperatures over a vast area around North Pole were somewhere between 30 and 35 degrees Fahrenheit, and for
at least a brief moment, surpassed the 32-degree threshold at exactly 90 degrees North, according to data from the GFS forecast model."

And tooth, most bouys are near land. hardly globe like.

"For a brief moment" They mean a warm front passed over the pole as the polar low has been shifted to the south over the continental US... Funny, that has happened 7 times in the last 3 years and they didn't say squat about it. Why is it an issue now?

Their models are garbage and i doubt that the actual temp was much above 20 deg F as the buoy based air temp never rose above that surrounding the pole.

the man made global warming kooks

will freak out more and more as their position

becomes more and more known as a fraud by the day

I expect that the pause will continue as the cold waters welling up are now killing the warm pools with thier respective Kelvin waves and the El Niño will be short lived. The weather patterns are shifting into a La Niña pattern which will cool the continental US during the spring time. The blob is all but gone and very little latent heat remains.

By late fall the La Niña will be evidenced with both a negative AMO and PDO. We will not see a step increase in global temp anomaly like we did with the 97-98 event. The ocean heat is not present to do so. BY the end of the year global temps will drop by 0.2 - 0.4 deg C and the coming La Niña will cause a step decrease by the middle of the following year.

We have passed the top of the sine wave of the current climate cycle. Cooling is now the game the earth will play for about 80 years.

I look to see a major fit of depression by alarmists this time next year.

Last edited:
For satellite global temps there are two groups, one skeptical and one warmist. They keep each other 'honest'. The same cannot be said for sea level, mass measurement, etc.

The honest satellite group says that satellite temperatures are too unreliable to be used for climate studies.

You did not address my prediction. I think satellite temps will become 'fashionable' if 2016 is warm enough to bust the Pause, and will return to being ignored when the next La Nina brings it back.

We shall see. I'll certainly bump this thread if I'm right. And ignore my mistake if I'm wrong, just like climate scientists. Hahahaha.

I predict major flaws will be fixed in the satellite models. That is, Mears at RSS will figure out the problem, fix it, and the satellite temps will match the surface temps much for closely. Spencer will have a fit, and cling to his bad model, and Ian will explain to us why RSS has become part of the conspiracy. You know, just like Ian did with the BEST study.

He will be right in one way. Satellite data will be considered trustworthy again if RSS fixes it.

Hahahaha. UAH came more into line with the 'honest' RSS when they went to version 6. Funny how the Pooh flinging monkey forgot to mention that. Hahahaha.

And yet they published why they made changes and justified them... and NOAA/GISS did not... who is more trustworthy?

First, "honest" and "correct" are two different things.

Second, I certainly did mention that UAH just sharply adjusted their data downwards. Thus, I wonder why Ian thought he could tell a fib like that and not get called on it. There's not much point in talking to Ian now, given his propensity to make shit up.
bye then

Lol, if only it was that easy

I predict not one single AGW k0k is able to post one single link this year showing where the science is mattering in the real world!!!:eusa_dance::eusa_dance::eusa_dance::2up:

Started asking this question in September of 2012................still.................nada.

:gay::gay::gay::gay::gay:

I predict not one single AGW k0k is able to post one single link this year showing where the science is mattering in the real world!!!:eusa_dance::eusa_dance::eusa_dance::2up:

Started asking this question in September of 2012................still.................nada.

When someones house is washing down the road because of the extreme rainfall caused by the nino...Well, it kind of matters.

When someones house is washing down the road because of the extreme rainfall caused by the nino...Well, it kind of matters.
Extreme, extreme, seems to be your only words. Funny Matt

Extreme, extreme, seems to be your only words. Funny Matt
Extreme is the new word for normal cyclic weather. There hoping that your to young to check and see that they are exaggerating things. I wonder if it was extreme weather that carved out those valleys, washed down hill sides so that we have gentle hills and river bottoms over the last several million years or so?

how the hell did natural processes like El Nino and La Nina get co-opted into the warmers' camp????

they are noise in the system, not proof of human culpability.

extreme weather? gimme a break! there has always been extreme weather. just because there are satellites, doppler radar and video cameras to catch it nowadays doesnt mean it didnt happen in the past. just because there are more and more people, some of which choose to live in marginal areas that are prone to weather damage, doesnt mean that extreme weather didnt happen in the past just because there was no one there to be impacted.

more science, less anecdotes

how the hell did natural processes like El Nino and La Nina get co-opted into the warmers' camp????

they are noise in the system, not proof of human culpability.

extreme weather? gimme a break! there has always been extreme weather. just because there are satellites, doppler radar and video cameras to catch it nowadays doesnt mean it didnt happen in the past. just because there are more and more people, some of which choose to live in marginal areas that are prone to weather damage, doesnt mean that extreme weather didnt happen in the past just because there was no one there to be impacted.

more science, less anecdotes

Now why would you blame the idiot who builds in the wrong location, doesn't take into account previous cyclical weather patterns, and fails to prepare for it. Hes just a poor helpless victim of ...... Ok I am laughing to hard to finish this..

Sadly morons will believe that something else caused it without thinking critically about it..

there are several types of people who are vulnerable to living in dangerous places. those who are poor and cannot afford to live in a safer place. and those who know the risks but choose to anyways. at one time insurance companies wouldnt insure high risk areas like beach houses that were in the likely path of hurricanes. now they do, and collect big premiums. when the inevitable happens, idiots like Old Rocks says, 'see?, more extreme weather and extreme damage'.

Do you actually believe the re-insurance industry is unaware of that? Do you actually believe that their DAMAGE estimate data is based SOLELY on claims?

Forum List

Back