Prediction. Obama is going to win in 2012

As I just noted in another thread, I think Obama is a slight favorite in his reelection. I think Romney is his strongest challenger (or perhaps Huntsman, who hasn't really been given a shot yet) and his most likely one.

As I just noted in another thread, I think Obama is a slight favorite in his reelection. I think Romney is his strongest challenger (or perhaps Huntsman, who hasn't really been given a shot yet) and his most likely one.

I suspect we'll hear more about Jon Huntsman in the days ahead...

For all you Romney will win guys, think about this. Ron Paul supporters will not vote for him. Newt voters will not vote for him.

They already spoke to middle america republicans and this mormon will not get their support.

Obama will destroy Romney and Romney will win the gop nomination. So I ask again, which of the nominee's do you think will win and be specific how will he beat OBama.

Newt
Santorum
Romney
Ron Paul

Hell, perhaps Cain (I heard he wants to run again. God I hope so).

None of these people have a chance against Obama.

See you in 2016.
Yeah sure. :cuckoo:
Here's the deal son: Conservatives will turn out in RECORD numbers to give Obama the boot. They'll unite around whomever the party nominates...ANYONE.

I only say this because of his competition. That group in the GOP are jokes. Every single one of them. (So sorry to see Cain and Bachmann gone though, they were fun.)

Again, my prediction is Obama is going to win again in 2012.

Agree? Good. Disagree, please get specific as to who will beat him. This is a two part thing from you then. Who do you think will win the GOP nomination and how will that person beat Obama.

Obumer is setting himself up base on a prior comments. He is hypoctical based on 2008 stance...gitmo still open...signing NDAA....execelerating the undocu-mexicans(we taxpayers pay for and DON'T LKNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT THE CONSITUITON OR ENGLISH. ONLY here for free american supported by taxpayer BENEFITS plus some fixings. WE JUST WANT THE FREEBIES YOU DUMB AMERICAN THROW AWAY, IDIOTS.

Romney will get the nomination, and he will be able to beat Obama because in times of economic turmoil like this the nation will find a sober, successful, disciplined businessman more comforting than our current president who is still more about celebrity than competence.

unemployment went down to 8.5% yesterday.

If it goes down at an average rate of .2 a month for the next ten months, it will be down to 6.5% and Obama wins easily.

Oh, yeah, and I'm sure people will love hearing about Romney's business credentials with stories like THIS...

Romney's steel skeleton in the Bain closet - Business - US business - msnbc.com

Less than a decade later, the mill was padlocked and some 750 people lost their jobs. Workers were denied the severance pay and health insurance they'd been promised, and their pension benefits were cut by as much as $400 a month.

What's more, a federal government insurance agency had to pony up $44 million to bail out the company's underfunded pension plan. Nevertheless, Bain profited on the deal, receiving $12 million on its $8 million initial investment and at least $4.5 million in consulting fees.

Yeah, that's going to go over REALLY GOOD with people who've taken a beating in this recession.

Yeah sure. :cuckoo:
Here's the deal son: Conservatives will turn out in RECORD numbers to give Obama the boot. They'll unite around whomever the party nominates...ANYONE.

The high water mark for a conservative candidate was George W. Bush in 2004, and that was 62 million votes. Which is 7 million LESS votes than Obama got in 2012.

And, no, conservatives won't rally around "anyone". I won't vote for Romney under any circumstances. The same can be said of a lot of Evangelicals who really do think Mormons are the pawns of Satan. (Sorry, I think that's silly, but a lot of people really believe in that.)

A lot of hispanics won't vote for Romney because of his race baiting.

A lot of working folks won't vote for him when they start cirucalating stories like the one I posted above.

Romney will get the nomination, and he will be able to beat Obama because in times of economic turmoil like this the nation will find a sober, successful, disciplined businessman more comforting than our current president who is still more about celebrity than competence.

unemployment went down to 8.5% yesterday.

If it goes down at an average rate of .2 a month for the next ten months, it will be down to 6.5% and Obama wins easily.

Oh, yeah, and I'm sure people will love hearing about Romney's business credentials with stories like THIS...

Romney's steel skeleton in the Bain closet - Business - US business - msnbc.com

Less than a decade later, the mill was padlocked and some 750 people lost their jobs. Workers were denied the severance pay and health insurance they'd been promised, and their pension benefits were cut by as much as $400 a month.

What's more, a federal government insurance agency had to pony up $44 million to bail out the company's underfunded pension plan. Nevertheless, Bain profited on the deal, receiving $12 million on its $8 million initial investment and at least $4.5 million in consulting fees.

Yeah, that's going to go over REALLY GOOD with people who've taken a beating in this recession.

Unemployment will likely tick back up soon. If it starts looking like there really are jobs available then those who contributed to the lowering number by not looking for work anymore will start looking again and will thus raise the count again.

However, if indeed unemployment does go down to 6.5, then that's great. No Republican would beat Obama under those circumstances, and that would be okay. The only problem would be if the Democrats got the House back, because then he could eff things up again, but if unemployment went down that low, well ... we'll see what happens when that happens.

Unemployment will likely tick back up soon. If it starts looking like there really are jobs available then those who contributed to the lowering number by not looking for work anymore will start looking again and will thus raise the count again.

That sounds like wishful thinking.

However, if indeed unemployment does go down to 6.5, then that's great. No Republican would beat Obama under those circumstances, and that would be okay. The only problem would be if the Democrats got the House back, because then he could eff things up again, but if unemployment went down that low, well ... we'll see what happens when that happens.

I don't think the Dems are going to take the House, and I think the GOP will take the Senate.

Long term, though, the GOP has two major problems.

the first is that it is so in bed with big multi-national corporations is that it has lost touch with working folks and their issues. Romney due to his business record should be poison. It's a lot worse than how many divorces Newt got. BUt the GOP is soooo in love with business and their money that they've forgotten who they work for, and that's Joe who goes to his thankless job every day.

Nope. They want to strip Joe's pension and make him pay for more of his health care!

The second problem is demographic. The two biggest growing groups are Hispanics and Asians, groups the GOP routinely loses. Bush actually made progress, getting 44% of both groups, but McCain it down to 31% of Hispanics and 35% of Asians. But the GOP, and Romney especially, are clinging onto the notion that they need to pander to the most nativist of White People and their anxieties.

I only say this because of his competition. That group in the GOP are jokes. Every single one of them. (So sorry to see Cain and Bachmann gone though, they were fun.)

Agree? Good. Disagree, please get specific as to who will beat him. This is a two part thing from you then. Who do you think will win the GOP nomination and how will that person beat Obama.

I think most any of them can and will beat him. He can't run on his dismal record, so, what's he got?

NOTHING.

That sounds like wishful thinking.

I don't think the Dems are going to take the House, and I think the GOP will take the Senate.

Long term, though, the GOP has two major problems.

the first is that it is so in bed with big multi-national corporations is that it has lost touch with working folks and their issues. Romney due to his business record should be poison. It's a lot worse than how many divorces Newt got. BUt the GOP is soooo in love with business and their money that they've forgotten who they work for, and that's Joe who goes to his thankless job every day.

Nope. They want to strip Joe's pension and make him pay for more of his health care!

The second problem is demographic. The two biggest growing groups are Hispanics and Asians, groups the GOP routinely loses. Bush actually made progress, getting 44% of both groups, but McCain it down to 31% of Hispanics and 35% of Asians. But the GOP, and Romney especially, are clinging onto the notion that they need to pander to the most nativist of White People and their anxieties.

I think the GOP's problems are a lot more basic. They want to be the lesser of two evils rather than a strong force for a concise, sane, conservative ideology.

Oh, and jettisoning Rove would be a GREAT start.

I think most any of them can and will beat him. He can't run on his dismal record, so, what's he got?

NOTHING.

People have gotten re-elected on worse records.

The thing is, the GOP Establishment is forcing a candidate that 75% of Republicans don't really want.

Dems "Hurray, Obama!"

Reps " Ugh, Romney."

Passion wins elections. The only people passionate about Romney are people he pays to be passionate..

NOTHING.

People have gotten re-elected on worse records.

The thing is, the GOP Establishment is forcing a candidate that 75% of Republicans don't really want.

Dems "Hurray, Obama!"

Reps " Ugh, Romney."

Passion wins elections. The only people passionate about Romney are people he pays to be passionate..

Yeah the fix is in.... but I think in the end, Obama is a lot more unpopular than polls show and this does not bode well for him and the Dems.

As much as I'm no real Romney fan... he's far more qualified than Obama. Sad that it comes to this though.

Forum List

Back