Preacher Who Performed in Drag On HBO Has Left The Church.

JOSweetHeart

Gold Member
Jun 27, 2012
East Tennessee
Go here for the story.

I am guessing that if the guy had not resigned, too much of that church's congregation would've left that building and did their worshipping elsewhere. Yeah, maybe new people could've filled the available space, those who have no problem with the TV appearance, but would every spot have been filled? I highly doubt it.

God bless you and the congregation members always!!!

Holly

I thought they all were in drag...

article-1383478-0BE7E4F200000578-320_468x479.jpg

In all of this fol de rol about Christ's "acceptance" no one recognizes that He had NONE. All sinners were required to repent and sin no more or it was "get thee behind me, Satan."

When any Pastor, Rabbi, Imam, et cetera, no longer follows the strict tenets of their religion, they cease to be representatives of whatever religion they are supposed to represent. Personally, I'm an Atheist, however, as a kid I was forced against my will to attend church and read the bible. One thing I remember was that supposedly, Jesus said, "I am not here to change the laws." In his time, the laws were determined by the Romans and Pharisees, in his region.
Quite frankly though, as the first mention of him was written down 63 years "after" he died, it's probably reasonable to assume that no one really knew what he said.
As for the Pastor's congregation, it's a good bet that all of them do as others do, "cherry-pick" what they want to obey/follow/believe and what they don't want to obey/follow/believe.

When any Pastor, Rabbi, Imam, et cetera, no longer follows the strict tenets of their religion, they cease to be representatives of whatever religion they are supposed to represent. Personally, I'm an Atheist, however, as a kid I was forced against my will to attend church and read the bible. One thing I remember was that supposedly, Jesus said, "I am not here to change the laws." In his time, the laws were determined by the Romans and Pharisees, in his region.
Quite frankly though, as the first mention of him was written down 63 years "after" he died, it's probably reasonable to assume that no one really knew what he said.
As for the Pastor's congregation, it's a good bet that all of them do as others do, "cherry-pick" what they want to obey/follow/believe and what they don't want to obey/follow/believe.
Christ was also condemned for hanging with a crowd of people that are sinners and he simply told them that a doctor doesn't cure people that are not sick..For those in the dark, a Christian must act as a source of light in their darkness.

a doctor doesn't cure people that are not sick.
Right. "There be eunuchs" who were so born from their mother's womb, allegedly, because the people were aghast at the notion that the doctors would have actually lifted up their instruments of cutting-edge medicine to cause such damage to the human body out of ignorance or malice, as the case may be.

Forum List

Back