"...pray for his death."

Money dictates actions Doc.

Sadly that's too true.

One of the good things about the political divide in this country is that it keeps guys like the Koch Brothers and the Soros of this world at each other's throats. The guys with Money, on the Right and the Left, have a huge level of control of the process in this country. If the George Soros and the Kochs ever set aside their differences and work together, we're all pretty much screwed.

Wait, did I just acknowledge there's a good reason for a political divide :eusa_shhh:

If a man has a heart attack and dies at the wheel and horrfically runs down children in a playground...and a few hours later, before the cause of the accident was found to be a heart attack, a politician is asked of his/her words regarding the tragedy and he answers with his beleif that we need to strengthen drunk driving laws...
Would you deem it appropriate for the sake of the driver that such politician should retract his words and apologize for jumping to conclusions and giving listeners reason to believe that he was a drunk driver?

That is about as incoherent of ramblings from fool as it gets at USMB.:cuckoo:

Really?
Others seemed to have comprehended what was said.
I guess it was a little too complicated for you. I am sorry for your intllectual deficiency. You should be pleased at how our educational system has found successful ways to mainstream others such as you...and all of you are proving to be great additions to society. Keep up the good work. It inspires us to see those with challanges to succeed non the less.

Before you can be intelligent, you need to learn how to spell it. If there is a deficiency, it surely falls on your mixed up ramblings. Do you shake those sentences up in a blender, or is the mix master more to your liking, dumb fuck!!

And learn how to spell, imbecile!! They do teach that to retards like yourself, but maybe you were busy playing with your wooden alphabet blocks that day.

whereas I am pretty much an accurate speller, my typing skills have a lot to be desired. And seeing as I am working with two computers and keyboards, as I am working at the same time I am posting on here, I dont spend the time reviewing my post for typos.
Most on here accept this and realize it is common.
Then there are the few like you that just look for things to complain about.
That being said, rant about me all you want. I am glad to see your life is so empty that an unamed poster on this board (Me) makes such an impact on your life.

whereas I am pretty much an accurate speller, my typing skills have a lot to be desired. And seeing as I am working with two computers and keyboards, as I am working at the same time I am posting on here, I dont spend the time reviewing my post for typos.
Most on here accept this and realize it is common.
Then there are the few like you that just look for things to complain about.That being said, rant about me all you want. I am glad to see your life is so empty that an unamed poster on this board (Me) makes such an impact on your life.

Isn't that why you are currently on the carpet? Because you chose to be an asshole looking for something to complain about? ie. torture, murder & rape.:eusa_angel:

lol Shintao.
Whatever floats your boat.
Well...at least I am man enough to admit that there is something I like about your posts...
The trailing silhouette.

5. The title of the thread?
Thomas Jefferson wrote that in a letter to James Madison. The subject of the 'threat' was Patrick Henry.
“What we have to do, I think, is devotedly pray for his death.”

Patrick Henry at the time was pushing a bill in Virginia that would impose a tax on the citizens for the purpose of supporting Christian Churches.

Knowing what we know of Jefferson, and separation of church and state, it's not hard to imagine that he might wish for Henry's time to come.

Here's the story:

http://www.religiousforums.com/foru...ment-controversy-birth-religious-liberty.html

Last edited:
lol Shintao.
Whatever floats your boat.
Well...at least I am man enough to admit that there is something I like about your posts...
The trailing silhouette.

It does set the imagination to work, doesn't it. You can't tell which side is facing you. In fact I bet if we did a poll, the women would say she is facing away, while the men would say she is facing us.:eusa_angel:

Thomas Jefferson wrote that in a letter to James Madison. The subject of the 'threat' was Patrick Henry.

Patrick Henry at the time was pushing a bill in Virginia that would impose a tax on the citizens for the purpose of supporting Christian Churches.

Knowing what we know of Jefferson, and separation of church and state, it's not hard to imagine that he might wish for Henry's time to come.

Here's the story:

The Virginia Assessment Controversy: the birth of Religious Liberty (morals, reject) - Religious Education Forum

Separation of church and state? What is that?

"...you'll have a hard time finding anyone in the Media..."
Really?

1. "Bear in mind: the shooting had just happened two hours prior to Krugman's blog post [in the NYTimes], and no evidence had yet emerged that Loughner was opposed to health care reform or belonged to the Tea Party movement. And after Krugman had finished accusing the leaders of that movement, and the familiar villains of talk radio and television, of complicity in the assassination of a United States representative and the murder of innocent bystanders, he had the cluelessness to condemn the "climate of hate" in American politics today."http://www.patheos.com/Resources/Additional-Resources/Loughner-Belonged-to-the-Insane-Party-Timothy-Dalrymple-01-10-2011.html
Krugman is an idiot, but I'd like to see the actual quote, not the commentary on it.
2. Sarah Palin put the gun's crosshairs on Gabby Giffords Share391 5
by Neutron
Sat Jan 08, 2011 at 03:12:43 PM PST
Can we please stop the pious high mindedness that says that this tea bagger BS is just part of the discourse? It's not, and John Adams and all of the other founding fathers they allegedly revere would slap them in prison, or worse, for the kinds of seditious acts that inspired todays violence. Sarah Palin is the one that put Gabby Giffords in the gun's crosshairs of this heinous assassin.
... fIENDISH.net ....dailykos.com/story/2011/1/8/934410/-Sarah-Palin-put-the-guns-crosshairs-on-Gabby-Giffords
You can't seriously consider Daily Kos the media. That's like me bringing up the fact that Boortz has been saying the guy was a Leftie with Leftie motivations. Boortz, like Daily Kos as a whole, is a loon, and as such doesn't even enter into the debate. Jane Fonda, also a loon. And just because a news organization runs a quote from someone doesn't mean they support, condone, or even like that person or their view, or do you think Fox supports Osama Bin Ladin?
4."...A lot of what's happening now reminds me of the Clinton days..."
"
Bill Clinton was able to pin blame on Newt Gingrich, Limbaugh, and Republicans in the aftermath of the April 19, 1995 Oklahoma City bombing. It's an effort that was previewed last year, on the 15th anniversary of the Oklahoma City attack, when Clinton himself tried out some of the themes we are hearing today in the aftermath of violence in Arizona."
Not exactly a refudiation. There was a hell of a lot of far right wing militias forming after Clinton was elected. I'm seeing similar stuff now.

But if you want a bipartisan take, Nixon inspired a lot of left wing Lunacy too. If you want to go that far back, I think what we're seeing now is comparible.
5. "...about just how far things need to go..."
"The question
in every case is whether the words used are used in such circumstances
and are of such a nature as to create a clear and present
danger .... It is a question of proximity and degree.”
http://www.sunnylandsclassroom.org/Downloads/ACBooks/Our Rights/Chapters/Chapter 6- Our Rights.pdf

6. "...or when people are referring to anyone who doesn't agree with them as traitors."
So, you would like to restrict how folks express themselves?

Of course not. But I'm a firm believer in the ideas words and actions have consequences. If the rhetoric on the right and left scales down after this, that would certainly be a positive thing. Would that require legislation? No. There's a reason that the KKK, the Nazis, and the Communist Party aren't legitimate political forces. I'd like to see the extremists, and those that use violent dialogue on both sides, go down that same road.

"If the rhetoric on the right and left scales down after this, that would certainly be a positive thing."

Since conjecture is the coin of the realm, allow me to engage in the same..
Sports is considered to be a sublimation of actual warfare, and as such, a social advance.

This, from what I recall of Desmond Morrris' "The Naked Ape," a treatise that propounds the idea that the human killer instinct is a hereditary gift from our simian ancestors.

If that is true, I would consider the most partisan robust debate, using any language, to be a similar sort of safety valve, and, as such, remove the necessity for actual combat.

Should any manage to outlaw the use of same, we may see another example of unexpected consequences.

Here's the story:

The Virginia Assessment Controversy: the birth of Religious Liberty (morals, reject) - Religious Education Forum

To clarify, Henry supported the premise the a state should establish a particular denomination church, which all the citizens would be obliged to support.

Jefferson's view was that each person should have the right to worship as they see fit....or not worship at all.
Separation of church and state was to keep the state out of the business of selecting a church...not to keep religion out of government.

In early 1776, as the colonies began to organize independent government, they began to think of statements of basic liberties, and Madison helped craft the Virginia Declaration of Rights, which became the impetus for shedding the establishment of a faith, and the tradition of persecution.

a. George Mason had proposed that the Declaration provide full toleration for dissenters, but Madison would settle for nothing less than “free exercise of religion” for all.

b. At this time most of Virginia’s leaders still wanted an Anglican [to be called the Episcopal Church after independence] establishment along with the free exercise of religion. Kidd, "God of Liberty," p.53

c. Jefferson explained that “at the time of the revolution, most had become dissenters from the established church but still had to pay contributions to support the pastors of the minority.” “Thomas Jefferson Autobiography,” Ford (ed.), p. 52.

d. So, when Jefferson wrote to the Danbury Baptists in 1802, it was to reassure them the federal government could not interfere in their religious observations, i.e., there is “a wall of separation between church and state.” He wasn’t speaking of religion contaminating the government, but of the government contaminating religious observance.

Many folks misunderstand the way the phrase was being used.

1. First, it has been pretty well established that the shooter was driven by neither party, nor by rough political talk.

2. 'HE DID NOT WATCH TV. HE DISLIKED THE NEWS. HE DIDN'T LISTEN TO POLITICAL RADIO'
Jared Loughner’s friend says suspect ‘Did not watch TV … disliked the news’ - TVNewser

3. Some one percent of the population is thought to be schizophrenic (Schizophrenia Facts and Statistics), ...and to be driven to some horrendous act, need no more than a parking ticket.

Beside the obvious fascination with evil, and the need to fill the 24-hour news cycle, what we are witnessing is the desire to stultify speech...and impose more regulation and restriction.

4. Politics has been called a bloodsport, and the harsh language is a manfestation of the passion on both sides.Don't be buffaloed into abiding by any restrictions on speech.

I don't want to hear folks referring to 'the H-word' when they mean hate.

Stupid statement. No one knows what he watched or listened to. If his "friend" knew him so well he should be arrested for allowing this thing to happen.

1. First, it has been pretty well established that the shooter was driven by neither party, nor by rough political talk.

2. 'HE DID NOT WATCH TV. HE DISLIKED THE NEWS. HE DIDN'T LISTEN TO POLITICAL RADIO'
Jared Loughner’s friend says suspect ‘Did not watch TV … disliked the news’ - TVNewser

3. Some one percent of the population is thought to be schizophrenic (Schizophrenia Facts and Statistics), ...and to be driven to some horrendous act, need no more than a parking ticket.

Beside the obvious fascination with evil, and the need to fill the 24-hour news cycle, what we are witnessing is the desire to stultify speech...and impose more regulation and restriction.

4. Politics has been called a bloodsport, and the harsh language is a manfestation of the passion on both sides.Don't be buffaloed into abiding by any restrictions on speech.

Stupid statement. No one knows what he watched or listened to. If his "friend" knew him so well he should be arrested for allowing this thing to happen.

Huggy, if you actually had any friends, you might understand that proximity allows on to make what you have identified as 'stupid statements.'

Here's the story:

It's what Madison and Jefferson were fighting for, in Virginia, 5 years before the Constitution was ratified.

You should bother to read the link. You might absorb a few drops of education to water that intellectual desert you call your brain.

Here's the story:

To clarify, Henry supported the premise the a state should establish a particular denomination church, which all the citizens would be obliged to support.

Jefferson's view was that each person should have the right to worship as they see fit....or not worship at all.
Separation of church and state was to keep the state out of the business of selecting a church...not to keep religion out of government.

In early 1776, as the colonies began to organize independent government, they began to think of statements of basic liberties, and Madison helped craft the Virginia Declaration of Rights, which became the impetus for shedding the establishment of a faith, and the tradition of persecution.

a. George Mason had proposed that the Declaration provide full toleration for dissenters, but Madison would settle for nothing less than “free exercise of religion” for all.

b. At this time most of Virginia’s leaders still wanted an Anglican [to be called the Episcopal Church after independence] establishment along with the free exercise of religion. Kidd, "God of Liberty," p.53

c. Jefferson explained that “at the time of the revolution, most had become dissenters from the established church but still had to pay contributions to support the pastors of the minority.” “Thomas Jefferson Autobiography,” Ford (ed.), p. 52.

d. So, when Jefferson wrote to the Danbury Baptists in 1802, it was to reassure them the federal government could not interfere in their religious observations, i.e., there is “a wall of separation between church and state.” He wasn’t speaking of religion contaminating the government, but of the government contaminating religious observance.

Many folks misunderstand the way the phrase was being used.

Which supports the principle that, in general, the use of taxpayer dollars to support a religion violates separation of church and state.

The game here is that of claiming that criticism of speech is infringement of speech. This is straight out of the right's playbook; you've seen it here repeatedly, long before this latest incident.

how is asking people to volutarily avoid violent imagery in the poltical sphere litmmiting anyones speech?

That is NOT what you or the democrats want. You have been very vocal about claiming Sarah Palin and the right caused this. That is a patented LIE. Admit it and move on.

If people want to make that claim, or insinuate it, or imply it, or suggest it, that's their free speech right isn't it?

how is asking people to volutarily avoid violent imagery in the poltical sphere litmmiting anyones speech?

That is NOT what you or the democrats want. You have been very vocal about claiming Sarah Palin and the right caused this. That is a patented LIE. Admit it and move on.

If people want to make that claim, or insinuate it, or imply it, or suggest it, that's their free speech right isn't it?

Yes it is. But as with any free speech, it is free speech to refute it.
The real issue is...why do those such as you NOT refute it? If you did, those that abuse their right to free speech by spewing lies with the intent to create anger would likely stop spewing such lies with the intent to create anger.

The problem is....such partisanship on both sides exists, that one from the same side rarely, if ever, calls out an ally that lies...

And instead simply says he (she) is exercising their right to free speech.

Sort of what you did.

Yes it is. But as with any free speech, it is free speech to refute it.
The real issue is...why do those such as you NOT refute it? If you did, those that abuse their right to free speech by spewing lies with the intent to create anger would likely stop spewing such lies with the intent to create anger.

The problem is....such partisanship on both sides exists, that one from the same side rarely, if ever, calls out an ally that lies...

And instead simply says he (she) is exercising their right to free speech.

Sort of what you did.

I refute lies, inaccuracies, distortions, and generally bad arguments here every day. It doesn't stop anyone from doing it.

Forum List

Back