Powerful Mothers Fight Extrajudicial Executions in Venezuela

Disir

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2011
“Tell me,” said the prosecutor to Carmen Arroyo once more, and she, again, replied: “No! You tell me!”

Carmen is still waiting for someone to tell her that there’s at least a warrant for the arrest of any of the twenty officers involved in the murder of her son, Christian Charris. Yexemary Medina went to the Prosecutor’s Office hoping to at least hear that “tell me” from the new prosecutor assigned to the murder case of her son, Douglas Escalante; but the prosecutor didn’t see her. Ivonne Parra went to the Prosecutor’s Office to leave a written testimony saying that the man accused of killing her son, Guillermo Rueda, was still free. Miyanllela Fernández went too, believing she would be told when the events of La Vega massacre, where her son Richard Briceño was murdered, would be reconstructed. Maritza Molina went in to see if, after a ten-year investigation, she would at least hear a rumor about who killed her son, Billi Mascobedo.

I cannot imagine anything so painful as this. In the States there is a better chance to change things.

Forum List

Back