brown sugar
mustard
ketchup
salt
pepper
garlic
onion
all to taste.

Put in an oven dish, add some pork...I had boneless chops tonight, but bone in is fine too.

Cook covered at 325 for a couple of hours, remove cover turn up to 350 cook another hour or so. Pork should be falling apart.

This was a hit tonight...

Canned pork n beans
brown sugar
mustard
ketchup
salt
pepper
garlic
onion
all to taste.

Put in an oven dish, add some pork...I had boneless chops tonight, but bone in is fine too.

Cook covered at 325 for a couple of hours, remove cover turn up to 350 cook another hour or so. Pork should be falling apart.
One day switch the brown sugar for peanut butter.

I don't know if I could do that. I'm mighty fond of brown sugar...

Canned pork n beans
brown sugar
mustard
ketchup
salt
pepper
garlic
onion
all to taste.

I have found that if you use tomato paste rather than ketchup then it tastes better.

Canned pork n beans
brown sugar
mustard
ketchup
salt
pepper
garlic
onion
all to taste.

One day switch the brown sugar for peanut butter.
Yuk !!!

Only a little kid would like peanut butter.

The only thing on this Earth I use peanut butter for is peanut butter cookies.

I know pb is used for some Asian sauces.. And I love sweet glaze for pork.

Canned pork n beans
brown sugar
mustard
ketchup
salt
pepper
garlic
onion
all to taste.

I have found that if you use tomato paste rather than ketchup then it tastes better.
I almost used paste because we had a hot dog roast at the lake for lunch, and the ketchup was in the car. But I talked my son into retrieving the ketchup.

I thought this was going to be about pork and beans from scratch. I'm all deflated and disappointed. I don't eat it often but it's good to me with just heating salt and pepper.

Now black eyed peas, with bacon and cornbread I can do. It's simple, tasty and southern.

Forum List

Back