Pop ups

Jackass

Aug 29, 2003
Va
I am experiencing alot of popups on the board lately. I thought the page that you went to contolled popups. Am I wrong on that? If not..Jim why the HELL did you put popups on here??

I think it's your shitty AOL!!! I have never gotten a Pop Up on this board before!!! try getting a pop up blocker dumbass!!!! :p

No popups whatsoever on this board.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but you have been infected, son!

Download Adaware 6.0 or SpyBot search and Destroy. This is a common occurence. Advertising files have been added to your PC to have popups , well, pop up!

You need to clean your PC of this crap. It's technically harmless, but annoying.

Originally posted by Aquarian
Sure it's the board? no popups for me running either netscape or IE...

Same here.

For testing purpeses, I frequent the board with IE, Netscape, Opera & Mozilla - all the latest versions and not one single popup.

Shit...it really is annoying!! My IE keeps changing sites on me. Dammit!! I didnt think you would have added popups!!!

Ahhh... gotta love Spyware. I had a few different ones on my computer. One called SaveNow is pretty easy to get rid of... just go in the Control Panel and "remove programs" and take it off.

However, I got another one somewhere called nCASE (or something similar) and it must have tossed up 10 pop-ups for each site I went to. When you try to manually remove that from your computer, it doesn't work. I ended up having to crash my whole system to get it off.. Jackass is right... it really is annoying. Annoying to the point I was willing to crash my computer to get it to stop. Too bad I didnt know of those sites before I lost everything :mad:

Good luck getting rid of that Jackass.... its a pain in the ass

Sorry I put this in the wrong fourm before:

Jackass, what version of window are you running. It most likely is windows messaging service that is delivering the popups. This is not an IM client, but a component of windows designed to deliver admistrative alerts, that companies have found a way to take advantage of. This service is not necessary and I have a program that will disable it. It will not affect any other programs you are running including IM programs. I will get it to you a little latter.

Also for spyware download the free program spybot, it works well and truely comes with no strings attached, we check its code out carefully and it passed the test.

Spyware alright...Sometimes certain keywords on a webpage triger them......I always do a restore from time to time,give the puter a clean bill of health..Overkill,but dam...I know that feeling Chuck......Check out the links Jim gave you...that should clean them up..and put an end to them...:)

Forum List

Back