Polygamy is adultry and fornications and illegal.

Your opinion, yes, but not factual in terms of all polygamists.

Stay with this subject long enough and you will learn.

Here, by the way, is an excellent example of right wing progressive statism to limit liberties of adults.

Your opinion, yes, but not factual in terms of all polygamists.

Stay with this subject long enough and you will learn.

Here, by the way, is an excellent example of right wing progressive statism to limit liberties of adults.
That's snob talk, Mr. Starkey. I'm a practical person. If you think you can legally foist evil on my society, you could be right.

But I'm saying you're paving a path to people shooting to kill in the matter of widespread polygamy.

Remember how the slime around Roe v. Wade was going to save 2,000 lives a year of women who got illegal abortions and died from back-door quack jobs? Well, now a million preborn Americans and more die each year a horrendous death in legal places.

You're straining at a gnat but swallowing a camel. Don't expect me to.

I really sincerely thought we were past being stupid about religion, spreading lies about other people's religions and digging into inappropriate parts of each other's personal lives.

silly me

No one burned down their houses in the 1880s or 1890s.

Some of the LDS moved to "las colonias" south of Juarez to practice the doctrine of polygamy.

Yes they certainly did. Why else would someone move their entire family to Mexico?
They burned the Romneys house down and ruined their farm.

A President doesn't "go after" anyone. What you want to know is will the Justice Department take Federal action against the Fundamentalist groups. And the answer will be yes if they break Federal law. Polygamy is not however a major crime and does not involve the Federal Government, it is a State issue unless the participants cross State lines. Which in some cases they do.

If one supports gay marriage on the creed that what consenting adults do in the privacy of their home is their business, explain again why anyone should care about Polygamy?

And the Mormon Church forbade Polygamy in the early 1890's. Anyone that practices it is Ex communicated and removed from the Church.

Exactly.
Polygamy and gay marriage affect no one.
Why people want to get into the personal lives of others is not unusual these days though. Jerry Springer is very popular.
Folks need to mind their own damn business and get a life.
How can you say polygamy affects no one?

Problems in polygamy that are not about religion, culture or lifestyle include battery, rape, and incest. They revolve around protecting women and children from domestic abuse and sexual assault. Polygamy causes undue stress on officers of the law whose job it is to protect people from undue domestic abuse.

I know. My kid's a cop who hates to go on domestic abuse cases. They never know what is going to happen in that broil of hormones and hatred. It's not safe for anyone, much less its victims. Fraught with danger: calls for domestic disturbances.

Sorry, polygamy is a powder keg of wrongdoing. Battery of abused women and children who suffer incest is everybody's business.

Yeah, like rape and incest never occur in the traditional marriage world.
Your kid goes on calls for traditional marriage cases.
I was in the same world as him years ago.
Polygamy and gay marriage AFFECTS NO ONE.

Exactly.
Polygamy and gay marriage affect no one.
Why people want to get into the personal lives of others is not unusual these days though. Jerry Springer is very popular.
Folks need to mind their own damn business and get a life.

Problems in polygamy that are not about religion, culture or lifestyle include battery, rape, and incest. They revolve around protecting women and children from domestic abuse and sexual assault. Polygamy causes undue stress on officers of the law whose job it is to protect people from undue domestic abuse.

I know. My kid's a cop who hates to go on domestic abuse cases. They never know what is going to happen in that broil of hormones and hatred. It's not safe for anyone, much less its victims. Fraught with danger: calls for domestic disturbances.

Sorry, polygamy is a powder keg of wrongdoing. Battery of abused women and children who suffer incest is everybody's business.

I Love the line, " it is illegal" Du, sodomy was illegal until someone forced a court case to change it. And using the same logic, if it is none of the Governments business what consenting adults do in the privacy of their home why would polygamy be illegal still? Well cause the claim by those that support Gay Rights are full of shit when they also say the Government has no business regulating sex between consenting adults.

Polygamy among adults is not your business, freedombecki.

Abuse of children is, of course, everyone's business. I have know church polygamists (two families actually were LDS hiding the fact) and I have known free range polygamists (unaffiliated). The latter apparently had little criminal activity. I can't say that for the organized church polygamists.

The best way to end the abuses is to make RICO laws against the organized plyg groups, then enforce them.

Jake, Donterious down the road a few miles, he is the Baby's Daddy for 4 different kids from 4 different mothers.

Is quadgamy illegal also? How come his ass is not in jail?

I Love the line, " it is illegal" Du, sodomy was illegal until someone forced a court case to change it. And using the same logic, if it is none of the Governments business what consenting adults do in the privacy of their home why would polygamy be illegal still? Well cause the claim by those that support Gay Rights are full of shit when they also say the Government has no business regulating sex between consenting adults.

Run that by me again my brother.

Non Gays and some gays also have an ick factor when it comes to certain sex acts. Polygamy and incest between consenting adults. Yet one of the things they claim when fighting for GAY RIGHTS is that the Government has no right to legislate the sexual activities of consenting adults.

Non Gays and some gays also have an ick factor when it comes to certain sex acts. Polygamy and incest between consenting adults. Yet one of the things they claim when fighting for GAY RIGHTS is that the Government has no right to legislate the sexual activities of consenting adults.

Well, incest and polygamy are currently against the law and most incest is not consensual and it is underage.
ALL gay marriage is consenting adults, not like incest which is over 80% with children.
Apples and oranges there Gunny. No comparison with the gays and incest.

Just to ask another question, When exactly has fornication and adultry become illegal? Morally wrong, yes. Illegal? If it was, i'd have a thriving business and half our politicians would be incarcerated.

Actually, there are many states where both adultery is in fact illegal, and sodomy (defined as any sexual act besides actual intercourse) was in fact illegal up until 2003.

In addition, Adultery in the military is a court-martial offense.

Last edited:

Indeed, polygamy doesn't lead to rape and incest.

Rape and incest lead to rape and incest.

Just because one society, the Mormons, had a whole bunch of messed-up BS going on that coincided with their polygamy, does not prove that polygamy was the cause of their messed-up BS.

But of course, the problem for Romney is that a hint of Polygamy will drive the far-right statist, morality police types to oppose him.

Look at Michelle Malkin, for instance. I saw her today, briefly, on TV as I was flipping channels, and I seriously thought her head was going to explode in her support for Santorum.

I'd vote for a Mormon polygomist if I liked his campaign platform.

People's sex lives, and their family lives really isn't any of my business.

Forum List

Back