POLL: What should the punishment be for protesting football players?

How should NFL players be punished?

• No punishment

Votes: 44 46.3%
  • Fine each time they do it

Votes: 8 8.4%
  • Fine & Suspension

Votes: 15 15.8%
  • You're Fired!

Votes: 20 21.1%
  • Mango. Mango everywhere.

Votes: 8 8.4%

• Total voters
Okay, yes, another thread on this, sue me.

Let's get specific on what should not be done to players who kneel or sit or dance or sleep or do yoga during the national anthem. Please pick and explain.

My answer was "No punishment". If the team is okay with it, so am I.

They should all be forced to inflate Tom Brady's balls.

Q:What should the punishment be for protesting football players?
Answer: Do a few patrol rounds with an officer in the worst neighborhoods of the city. A few traffic stops where every approached vehicle is a scary risk unknown.
Then maybe a short tour of Afghanistan or battles for regaining territory in Iraq.
You want a voice, use twitter or these forums, people do not want these things creeping into their sacred escape time that sports provide.

Trump caused this for calling them names and calling out the whole NFL.

What's his punishment ?

Um this started with the Castro supporting, pigs dressed as cops socks wearing, BLM terrorist supporting Colin Kaepernick.

They still have the 1st Amendment Right when at work.

By saying "they don't have a 1st Amendment Right" because they are at work would mean that the government would be able to infringe on their freedom of speech at work.

However, in this case, the government (i.e Trump) is getting rather close to indirectly infringing on their 1st Amendment Right by making strongly worded "recommendations" to their employer, and instigating a boycott of their employer.

Trump should shut his fucking mouth about everything.

No, they don't. The 1st Amendment does not cover you while you are at work. You can be fired for exactly what these people are doing.

No, Trump saying the owners firing them would be awsome to see isn't anything related to the 1st Amendment. He has 1st Amendment rights as well.

Those stupid fucking players shouldn't fucking insult the people paying their salaries...and I mean the customers, not the owners..

You don't have 1st Amendment Rights here on U.S.......

The first amendment absolutely does cover you while you are at work. However, it does not protect you from being punished or fired by your employer for poor conduct. You don't lose first amendment protections because you are on the job, you just have to realize that the first amendment doesn't mean employers are forced to allow employees to say whatever they want on company time, or while representing the company.

Trump does have first amendment rights as well. I wish he would be more circumspect in how he uses them, but he absolutely has first amendment rights.

Perhaps the players shouldn't insult the customers, but after years of customers not seeming to care when the players use drugs, cheat, beat their wives, beat their children, kill dogs, and kill other people, they might not have expecting simply kneeling during the national anthem to upset the customers much.

Who doesn't have first amendment rights "on U.S."?

Wow....you are a dumb shit....

You create a distinction without a difference dumb ass......

There is a huge difference between not being covered by the first amendment, and the first amendment being limited in its protections. I'm simply clarifying that being at work does not remove first amendment constitutional protections.

You may not see a difference between saying, "The first amendment does not protect you from being punished by your employer for conduct at work" and, "The first amendment does not cover you at work," but there certainly is one.

You are right that the first amendment does not prevent the NFL from firing protesting players for rules or code of conduct violations. You are wrong to make that point by claiming the first amendment does not cover someone at work.

Do you think immediately resorting to insults somehow makes your mistaken terminology correct?

You also might want to consider skipping insults about another poster's intelligence when you write sentences such as "You don't have 1st Amendment Rights here on U.S......"

I apologize.....I thought your post was one from pogo........that was why it was so aggressive...pogo is an asshat who has been a moron for a long time.....

Again, I apologize, I post in a lot of forums on a lot of threads and sometimes I mix up who the poster is who I am responding to.....

That kind of thing can happen to anyone. Thank you for the apology, I appreciate it.

Answer: Do a few patrol rounds with an officer in the worst neighborhoods of the city. A few traffic stops where every approached vehicle is a scary risk unknown.
Then maybe a short tour of Afghanistan or battles for regaining territory in Iraq.
You want a voice, use twitter or these forums, people do not want these things creeping into their sacred escape time that sports provide.

Sacred? :p

Let's get specific on what should not be done to players who kneel or sit or dance or sleep or do yoga during the national anthem. Please pick and explain.

I want them fired or I want the NFL run out of business.

---- on the basis of....?

(here's a tip, and I don't normally do this ---- the above can and should be read as "here's your shovel, show us how you can dig")

That's what you told the Pentagon when they started this shit, right?

What's his punishment ?

Um this started with the Castro supporting, pigs dressed as cops socks wearing, BLM terrorist supporting Colin Kaepernick.

Nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnope. It started with the Pentagon pimping prostituted fake-patriotism with your tax dollars inserting that fake-patriotism into pro sports.

Without that ------ none of this exists.

No, they don't. The 1st Amendment does not cover you while you are at work. You can be fired for exactly what these people are doing.

No, Trump saying the owners firing them would be awsome to see isn't anything related to the 1st Amendment. He has 1st Amendment rights as well.

Those stupid fucking players shouldn't fucking insult the people paying their salaries...and I mean the customers, not the owners..

You don't have 1st Amendment Rights here on U.S.......

The first amendment absolutely does cover you while you are at work. However, it does not protect you from being punished or fired by your employer for poor conduct. You don't lose first amendment protections because you are on the job, you just have to realize that the first amendment doesn't mean employers are forced to allow employees to say whatever they want on company time, or while representing the company.

Trump does have first amendment rights as well. I wish he would be more circumspect in how he uses them, but he absolutely has first amendment rights.

Perhaps the players shouldn't insult the customers, but after years of customers not seeming to care when the players use drugs, cheat, beat their wives, beat their children, kill dogs, and kill other people, they might not have expecting simply kneeling during the national anthem to upset the customers much.

Who doesn't have first amendment rights "on U.S."?

Wow....you are a dumb shit....

You create a distinction without a difference dumb ass......

There is a huge difference between not being covered by the first amendment, and the first amendment being limited in its protections. I'm simply clarifying that being at work does not remove first amendment constitutional protections.

You may not see a difference between saying, "The first amendment does not protect you from being punished by your employer for conduct at work" and, "The first amendment does not cover you at work," but there certainly is one.

You are right that the first amendment does not prevent the NFL from firing protesting players for rules or code of conduct violations. You are wrong to make that point by claiming the first amendment does not cover someone at work.

Do you think immediately resorting to insults somehow makes your mistaken terminology correct?

You also might want to consider skipping insults about another poster's intelligence when you write sentences such as "You don't have 1st Amendment Rights here on U.S......"

I apologize.....I thought your post was one from pogo........that was why it was so aggressive...pogo is an asshat who has been a moron for a long time.....

Again, I apologize, I post in a lot of forums on a lot of threads and sometimes I mix up who the poster is who I am responding to.....

That kind of thing can happen to anyone. Thank you for the apology, I appreciate it.

I notice he had no answer at all for my actual post. Guess there's no apology for that.

For shitting on the flag, anthem, and country in a sign of solidarity with the racist BLM terrorist organization.

What's his punishment ?

Nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnope. It started with the Pentagon pimping prostituted fake-patriotism with your tax dollars inserting that fake-patriotism into pro sports.

No it started with the black Nazi terrorist supporter Kaepernig, the anthem at sporting events has been around for more than a century.

For shitting on the flag, anthem, and country in a sign of solidarity with the racist BLM terrorist organization.

And here we go AGAIN --- I challenged another one of you morons to show this "flag shitting" (in his case he said "flag spitting", apparently the Ministry of Truth works on weekends too) ----

Link to any of this is where?

And here we go AGAIN --- I challenged another one of you morons to show this "flag shitting" (in his case he said "flag spitting", apparently the Ministry of Truth works on weekends too) ----

Link to any of this is where?

That taking a knee during the anthem while everyone else is standing is a sign of disrespect is such an obvious truism that people who claim otherwise are not worthy of serious consideration because they are not serious people. In other words you're a fucking joke.

What's his punishment ?

No it started with the black Nazi terrorist supporter Kaepernig, the anthem at sporting events has been around for more than a century.

Wrong.
NFL teams ---- that's what we're dealing with here ---- weren't even on the field for the NA until eight years ago.

The first instance of connecting a national anthem --- which has zero to do with any sporting event unless it's at the Olympics --- with a sport in the US was 1918, in baseball (the NFL didn't even exist) --- and that was another period of blind robotic lockstep jingoism. The same year that Earnest Starr got arrested and jailed for refusing to kiss a flag. Read that again; the mob who tried to force him to kiss an American flag didn't get arrested; HE got arrested for refusing to do it. That would be the World War I mentality, the same time the National Security League was foaming at the mouth about getting the teaching of German banned from schools, the same period when Dachshunds would be ripped from their owners and stoned to death on the street simply because the word "Dachshund" is German. The year before the infamous Palmer Raids rounded up political prisoners and deported people entirely on the basis of their political views. The year before the "Red Summer" of race riots and the peak of the period of rampant lynchings, which is the epitome of mob mentality.

THAT is where this insertion of jingoism into sports begins -- a time of sedition laws, political prisoners and outright commercialized bigotry. THAT is where you fucking robots march us to every time you start singing "Tomorrow Belongs to Me". Dim Dung is reading this in Pyonyang and he's laughing his stupid haircut off because if he ever had any doubt that robots would obediently march wherever they're told to, you just put his doubts at rest. Good job, Dumbass.

Moreover the NA wasn't even done regularly at baseball until the jingoism of the next World War, and it continues to have absolutely nothing to do with baseball, football or any other sport, again unless it happens to be taking place at the Olympics, which this is not.

And it goes on becuase obedient subservient obsequious robot drones like you FAIL to question why it's there in the first place and what its purpose is in being trotted out before a captive audience who paid good money to attend an event that has nothing on earth to do with politics, jingoism or prostituted fake patriotism.

WAKE THE FUCK UP. For Chrissake lift a synaptic finger one of these eons to have a look at who's pulling your puppet strings, and why.

NFL teams ---- that's what we're dealing with here ---- weren't even on the field for the NA until eight years ago.

Ugh. Weren't even required to be on the field for the NA. Even with that qualification, I think that they probably were required to be on the field for things like the Super Bowl; it was regular season games where they weren't required. However, sometimes they were on the field more than 8 years ago.

You keep making these statements as though no NFL team was ever on the sidelines during the National Anthem until 2009, but that's obviously untrue.

Wrong.

You're a fucking liar it's a simple as that:

The first instance of connecting a national anthem --- which has zero to do with any sporting event unless it's at the Olympics --- with a sport in the US was 1918, in baseball (the NFL didn't even exist) --- and that was another period of blind robotic lockstep jingoism. The same year that Earnest Starr got arrested and jailed for refusing to kiss a flag. Read that again; the mob who tried to force him to kiss an American flag didn't get arrested; HE got arrested for refusing to do it. That would be the World War I mentality, the same time the National Security League was foaming at the mouth about getting the teaching of German banned from schools, the same period when Dachshunds would be ripped from their owners and stoned to death on the street simply because the word "Dachshund" is German. The year before the infamous Palmer Raids rounded up political prisoners and deported people entirely on the basis of their political views. The year before the "Red Summer" of race riots and the peak of the period of rampant lynchings, which is the epitome of mob mentality.

Yes Communist foreigners were deported, that's sound policy, I wish we would do the same today with pedophile worshippers and aztlan scum.

THAT is where this insertion of jingoism into sports begins -- a time of sedition laws, political prisoners and outright commercialized bigotry.

lmfao, that's like saying you can be bigoted against Nazism, deporting totalitarian foreigners seeking to overthrow the Republic is sound immigration policy, those who disagree are either morons, or as is more likely in your case communist scum themselves.

THAT is where you fucking robots march us to every time you start singing "Tomorrow Belongs to Me". Dim Dung is reading this in Pyonyang and he's laughing his stupid haircut off because if he ever had any doubt that robots would obediently march wherever they're told to, you just put his doubts at rest. Good job, Dumbass.

Moreover the NA wasn't even done regularly at baseball until the jingoism of the next World War, and it continues to have absolutely nothing to do with baseball, football or any other sport, again unless it happens to be taking place at the Olympics, which this is not.

And it goes on becuase obedient subservient obsequious robot drones like you FAIL to question why it's there in the first place and what its purpose is in being trotted out before a captive audience who paid good money to attend an event that has nothing on earth to do with politics, jingoism or prostituted fake patriotism.

WAKE THE FUCK UP. For Chrissake lift a synaptic finger one of these eons to have a look at who's pulling your puppet strings, and why.

Now singing the national anthem is jingoistic bigotry, you're a fucking joke and fucked in your head, like I said people like you need not be taken into serious consideration because you're not serious people, you're a fucking nutter.

Punishment for exercising one's 1st Amendment rights? This IS America, is it not?

They don't have a 1st Amendment Right, they are at work. The 1st Amendment protection only applies to the government infringing on freedom of speech, private businesses can set their rules for their companies.

By saying "they don't have a 1st Amendment Right" because they are at work would mean that the government would be able to infringe on their freedom of speech at work.

However, in this case, the government (i.e Trump) is getting rather close to indirectly infringing on their 1st Amendment Right by making strongly worded "recommendations" to their employer, and instigating a boycott of their employer.

INCORRECT.

"The 1st Amendment protection only applies to the government infringing on freedom of speech"
(directly quoted from your post)

If you say something at work, the GOVERNMENT cannot stop you. The GOVERNMENT cannot stop you.

Your employer can. But you do not have 1st Amendment protection from your employer. Only the GOVERNMENT.

If in your workplace at "Equity Financial Brokers", you spoke out about abortion and made a poster showing mutilated fetuses, your employer could fire you, but the GOVERNMENT could not arrest you. Therefore, your 1st Amendment Rights would not be violated.

Punishment for exercising one's 1st Amendment rights? This IS America, is it not?

They don't have a 1st Amendment Right, they are at work. The 1st Amendment protection only applies to the government infringing on freedom of speech, private businesses can set their rules for their companies.

INCORRECT.

"The 1st Amendment protection only applies to the government infringing on freedom of speech"
(directly quoted from your post)

If you say something at work, the GOVERNMENT cannot stop you. The GOVERNMENT cannot stop you.

Your employer can. But you do not have 1st Amendment protection from your employer. Only the GOVERNMENT.

If in your workplace at "Equity Financial Brokers", you spoke out about abortion and made a poster showing mutilated fetuses, your employer could fire you, but the GOVERNMENT could not arrest you. Therefore, your 1st Amendment Rights would not be violated.

What if you were protesting on your "own time"? Should your employer be able to fire you for that?

Forum List

Back