Poll: only 28 percent of young voters say they will certainly vote in the 2018 midterms

Confounding

Gold Member
Jan 31, 2016
Yeah, blue wave! Oh, wait, you mean I actually have to go outside and do something?

Poll: only 28 percent of young voters say they will certainly vote in the 2018 midterms

Democrats are winning over younger voters by huge numbers, but as a highly contentious, voter turnout-dependent midterm election inches closer, there’s a serious question of whether these young Democrats will come to the polls.

A recently released poll from the Public Religion Research Institute and the Atlantic conducted in June showed only 28 percent of young adults ages 18 to 29 say they are “absolutely certain” they’ll vote in midterms, compared to 74 percent of seniors.

Yeah, blue wave! Oh, wait, you mean I actually have to go outside and do something?

Democrats are winning over younger voters by huge numbers, but as a highly contentious, voter turnout-dependent midterm election inches closer, there’s a serious question of whether these young Democrats will come to the polls.

A recently released poll from the Public Religion Research Institute and the Atlantic conducted in June showed only 28 percent of young adults ages 18 to 29 say they are “absolutely certain” they’ll vote in midterms, compared to 74 percent of seniors.
Well then, you should shoot a memo to the GOP, so they can call off their state-level dogs trying to suppress turnout.

According to Blacks they have no problem with voter id laws, as the white left claims they are suppressed. Lol.

Well then, you should shoot a memo to the GOP, so they can call off their state-level dogs trying to suppress turnout.

According to Blacks they have no problem with voter id laws, as the white left claims they are suppressed. Lol.

Actually, polls show that most blacks think Voter ID laws weaken voting power of minorities. From whence do you divine your information to the contrary?

Actually, polls show that most blacks think Voter ID laws weaken voting power of minorities. From whence do you divine your information to the contrary?

Wha Whoa, there goes the Left's Blue Wave. Old people will be out in droves.

• Banned

I straight up prefer left wing politicians, real ones anyway. I voted for Bernie Sanders. I'm a big fan of Elizabeth Warren. That being said, I've always felt the left has a weak argument on this voter ID thing. How fucking hard is it to have an ID? Every adult I've ever met in my life had an ID. If you're a grown person without an ID something is fucking wrong dude. I'm amazed people like that can even make it to a voting location.

Democrats are the ones trying to supress turn out, which is why they used the IRS to keep conservative groups from getting tax free status.

Yep...... and we thank the Parkland kids for getting the anti gunners to state the truth, that they want to ban all semi automatic rifles, pistols and shotguns.....we will remember, as their teenage buddies spend election day snorting condoms and eating tide pods....

That being said, I've always felt the left has a weak argument on this voter ID thing.
I don't. It is a law that is ostensibly presented as a means to address a problem that does not exist, and which is actually an effort to suppress turnout. This has been admitted. It's no secret. I think that is a strong argument.

Well, let the terrified old farts of the GOP do away with their futures. Fuck ‘em.

That being said, I've always felt the left has a weak argument on this voter ID thing.
I don't. It is a law that is ostensibly presented as a means to address a problem that does not exist, and which is actually an effort to suppress turnout. This has been admitted. It's no secret. I think that is a strong argument.

Even if the claimed reasons for doing it are bullshit, I almost wonder if a grown person not functional enough to have a fucking ID should even be voting. I guess I can't find reason to be outraged at the idea of asking that people have identification. I could if I was a partisan, but yeah.

I almost wonder if a grown person not functional enough to have a fucking ID should even be voting.
And sometimes people forget their IDs. And sometimes they lose them. And some people don't need state issued ID veryoften itherwise, and so have let theirs expire. These are not good reasons to deny them a pillar of our democracy.

I haven't had to show my ID to anyone for at least a couple of years. Except for when I voted.

I almost wonder if a grown person not functional enough to have a fucking ID should even be voting.
And sometimes people forget their IDs. And sometimes they lose them. And some people don't need state issued ID veryoften itherwise, and so have let theirs expire. These are not good reasons to deny them a pillar of our democracy.

I haven't had to show my ID to anyone for at least a couple of years. Except for when I voted.

So I don't necessarily agree that people that aren't actually citizens are going out and voting, but being totally honest, do you think that could happen? That seems to be the main thing the right is worried about.

Last edited:

So I don't necessarily agree that people that aren't actually citizens are going and voting, but being totally honest, do you think that could happen? That seems to be the main thing the right is worried about.
No, i really don't. Ilegal immigranst are generally too scared to give their info to anyone, much less fill out give forms and go to a polling place.

But this is what we should be talking about. Policy discussions should center around costs versus benefit. There appears to be such little benefit to these laws that they do not warrant the costs.

So I don't necessarily agree that people that aren't actually citizens are going and voting, but being totally honest, do you think that could happen? That seems to be the main thing the right is worried about.
No, i really don't. Ilegal immigranst are generally too scared to give their info to anyone, much less fill out give forms and go to a polling place.

But this is what we should be talking about. Policy discussions should center around costs versus benefit. There appears to be such little benefit to these laws that they do not warrant the costs.
If that were the case San Francisco wouldn’t be REGISTERING illegals to vote.

Your bullshit argument has been completely debunked.

Forum List

Back