Poll: Mowing the lawn

Re. mowing the lawn, if you had the choice would you...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I ask this because my husband does not listen.

I say hire the kid down the way.
he says he wants to do it himself.

I say that the small amt it would cost is well worth his time being free (time that I have other chores that will fill it well)

We have a landscaping service that does our yard. We pay a yearly fee - divided between 12 months. We get the lawn service, mulching 3 times a year, flowers and plants trimmed when needed, other flowers planted throughout the year.

We do this because we both work long hours during the week and honestly, we want to play on the weekend. For us it was a matter of how long will it take to do the yard; compared to the time that would take away from fun time on the weekend; then considering how much we are paid (divided by 40 to get the hourly rate). Time wise and monetarily, we are coming out way ahead paying someone else to do it.

It wasn't worth it to us to do it ourselves.

-=d=- said:
Never have more grass than your wife can mow in 1 hour...that's my advice.

:p:
Actually if you ensure that she works out at night after laundry, dishes, and *** then she'll be in shape. This will allow you to double the yard size to two hours.

How proud were you for growing that lawn - and now you want to let someone else take care of it?? Go get a lawnmower and be a good homeowner!

MyName said:
I say that the small amt it would cost is well worth his time being free (time that I have other chores that will fill it well)

Tell ooold, pharaooooh, to let my people goooooo

:whip:

my husband does the lawncare. i do the gardening.

he LOVES to mow the lawn because we worked hard to get this house, and he is proud to have a lawn to take care of and take pride in owning. we have a fairly large yard, but he still does the walk-behind mower. it takes maybe 30-45 minutes. he actually will get up early on Sundays to mow it before it gets too hot, and we get to enjoy the rest of the day with the aroma of fresh cut grass.

Forum List

Back