Poll: How should Mitch McConnell use his new Senate power?

Poll: How should Mitch McConnell use his new Senate power?

• Total voters

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
This poll is for everyone - but mostly for those who voted Republican. Are you more interested in McConnell trying to make your life better or are you more interested in McConnell trying to make President Obama's life worse?

Ho hum, another disingenuous "poll" of false choices: Bills originate in Congress and, if passed, are sent to the President. Are you suggesting that Republicans might vote "no" on their own bills in order to "obstruct" the President?

Ho hum, another disingenuous "poll" of false choices: Bills originate in Congress and, if passed, are sent to the President. Are you suggesting that Republicans might vote "no" on their own bills in order to "obstruct" the President?

Think more carefully about what you just said...

Going to get a big dose of the shit Boehner has been going through, he might want to do some things that he can hang his hat on but what he wants matters very little when the freshmen just want to score cheap hit points on the president.

I think the election results show that the intent for Congress is to STOP Obama's agenda. I would say whatever Congress can do towards that end is the desire of those who voted.

This poll is for everyone - but mostly for those who voted Republican. Are you more interested in McConnell trying to make your life better or are you more interested in McConnell trying to make President Obama's life worse?
f70111b798_zps119e8a4a.gif

I don't think it really matters. McConnell will look for areas of compromise, but the ball is still with Boehner in the House. Or to be more accurate, it depends on what the 40 or so gop house members will demand.

Yeah, did they care when the polls showed how the people felt on how Obama should govern?

NOW they want to post polls to tell Republicans how they need to govern.

they just cant stand NOT BEING IN CONTROL OF THINGS

cracks me the hell up

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
I think the election results show that the intent for Congress is to STOP Obama's agenda. I would say whatever Congress can do towards that end is the desire of those who voted.

Yeah, Fly Over country was busy yesterday with a lot of pigheaded old white men rushing to the polls with their walkers and oxygen masks.

Think more carefully about what you just said...
Think about this... you lost... get over it.

Let's hold this post and see how it bears out in say...summer of 2016. What you don't see yet is that we've all lost.
I don't think it really matters. McConnell will look for areas of compromise, but the ball is still with Boehner in the House. Or to be more accurate, it depends on what the 40 or so gop house members will demand.

Nothing is going to change. It's against their personal interests with their "benefactors" to do anything except what they have been doing for six years.

Yeah, Fly Over country was busy yesterday with a lot of pigheaded old white men rushing to the polls with their walkers and oxygen masks.

Pisses you off don't it! A bunch of dipshits and old geezers whipped you collective smarty pants asses like you were nothing! Loser!

Has McConnell already been elected Senate Majority leader? I know he probably will be but asking what he will do with power he does not yet have is kind of silly. Since we are doing this though my hope is we can get some good up to the President to either be signed or vetoed I will also point out the President will play a role in what gets done moving forward. Will he realize the landscape has changed and work with Congress or will he continue with his I don't need Congress I have my phone and my pen mindset?

I suggest he plays the game like his predecessor did. Absolutely NO Democrat sponsored bill comes to a vote in the Senate.

The GOP now has the upper hand here. Nothing POTUS wants will happen without deep concessions unless POTUS decides to rule by executive fiat and risk looking like the tin hat dictator he longs to be.

Pisses you off don't it! A bunch of dipshits and old geezers whipped you collective smarty pants asses like you were nothing! Loser!

I second that sentiment.
Can you believe the nerve. They were egging Obama on this whole time to walk over Republicans and the people they Represented. Now they want people to "play nice" with their hateful party and selves
LOSERS and piss off, is right:banana2:

Seems like there are more such pigheaded old white men than there are "enlightened Liberals". Deal with it, crybaby.

Forum List

Back