Poll: Can dems give wall funding for tax increase to solve Budget Deficit?

Would you support a top rate tax increase & new Fed sales tax for the wall & immigration reform?

• Yes, since they never cut spending enough we need to fix the Budget gap & immigration

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • No, they need to cut spending to balance the Budget, especially defense and entitlements

Votes: 3 42.9%

• Total voters

kyzr

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2009
The AL part of PA
Instead of a government shutdown, think about a "big f'ing deal" (big funding deal)

1. Top tax rate increases by 7% above 2016 level, and add a new 3% or so Fed sales tax [Big give by GOP]
2. Trump gets wall funding and immigration reform [Big give by dems]
a. No catch & release
b. No diversity lottery
c. No asylum claims unless pre-approved
d. No chain migration
e. Only merit based immigration for who the US needs
f. No birthright citizenship, i.e. no cottage industry for anchor babies
g. DACA kids get green cards but NOT citizenship

This would solve the Budget Deficit and start paying down the Debt. They should also fix SS by adding a year & Medicare. Those funding and entitlement fixes would set the US on a sound fiscal course for many years. Healthcare is a tougher thing to fix.

Instead of a government shutdown, think about a "big f'ing deal" (big funding deal)

1. Top tax rate increases by 7% above 2016 level, and add a new 3% or so Fed sales tax [Big give by GOP]
a. No catch & release
b. No diversity lottery
d. No chain migration

This would solve the Budget Deficit and start paying down the Debt. They should also fix SS by adding a year & Medicare. Those funding and entitlement fixes would set the US on a sound fiscal course for many years. Healthcare is a tougher thing to fix.

Except you are forgetting one thing, the Democrats never give into anything major the Republicans want.....never.

Yes, they will give in to some of the minor things, but they will never give into the wall because that is something they can't change back.

Adding a year to SS and Medicare would be a disaster. Many people can't make it to retirement now depending on their line of work. I have two cousins who have their own remodeling business. The abuse to their bodies is gaining up on them and it's getting near impossible to do their work. My father had to retire at the age of 62 as a bricklayer.

Dem's were on tv a few weeks back. They said they would give Trump money for the wall if he gave illegals amnesty...then in the next breath described how they would screw Trump on this deal by suing Trump in court to block acquiring the land for the wall.

THAT is how Democrats negotiate.

a. No catch & release
b. No diversity lottery
d. No chain migration

Except you are forgetting one thing, the Democrats never give into anything major the Republicans want.....never.

Yes, they will give in to some of the minor things, but they will never give into the wall because that is something they can't change back.

Adding a year to SS and Medicare would be a disaster. Many people can't make it to retirement now depending on their line of work. I have two cousins who have their own remodeling business. The abuse to their bodies is gaining up on them and it's getting near impossible to do their work. My father had to retire at the age of 62 as a bricklayer.

Certainly wouldn't give in to that list of crap.

That is how out of touch these IDIOT politicians in DC are. They mooch off taxpayers for decades in their cushy government job and assume a 70 year old blue collar worker can stand all day on the factory floor working.

The Dems will not deal with Trump

He is a dead man walking

a. No catch & release
b. No diversity lottery
d. No chain migration

Typical Right-wing "compromise", Dems get 1/2 of an item and the GOP gets 8 1/2 items.

The Dems are willing to finance 100% of the wall with all the money Tramp has collected from Mexico over the 2 years he has been in office and all the money he collects from Mexico in the future.

Welcome to 2019!

Politicians do not bargain anymore. Dems see a Republican Party on the ropes with a wounded duck for a President

Dems want unconditional surrender

That is how out of touch these IDIOT politicians in DC are. They mooch off taxpayers for decades in their cushy government job and assume a 70 year old blue collar worker can stand all day on the factory floor working.

Sure, it's easy sitting behind a microphone or in front of a television camera stating Americans should work longer. But try carrying a bail of roof shingles up a ladder two stories in the hot sun. Try hauling block and brick to the bricklayers. Try constructing the roads we drive on.

Heck, I'll even use my line of work as an example: Do you want to be the little electric car in front of me when I'm driving my tractor-trailer weighing 75,000 lbs at the age of 68 and we come to a sudden stop on the freeway?

If we want these programs (and most people do) then we simply have to fund them. That's all. I can't remember the last time my Medicare contributions increased. In spite of healthcare getting more expensive by the year, or course Medicare is in trouble in the near future.

Dem's were on tv a few weeks back. They said they would give Trump money for the wall if he gave illegals amnesty...then in the next breath described how they would screw Trump on this deal by suing Trump in court to block acquiring the land for the wall.

Democrats won't deal with anything unless they get at least twice as much out of a negotiations than the Republicans.

a. No catch & release
b. No diversity lottery
d. No chain migration

Mexico will pay for the wall. Trump promised, remember? We can't let him break his promise, otherwise he's nothing but a piece of shit.

a. No catch & release
b. No diversity lottery
d. No chain migration

Wasn’t Mexico going to pay for the wall?

nope!

the Dems can't sue to block acquiring the land, but the land owners can fight the taking of their land eventually through eminent domain, by insisting on getting fair market value and suits.... it'll take a decade to grab these land owner's property for it, before it is all said and done, and probably triple the cost of the wall!!! :eek:

All the land owners on the border that I have seen interviewed on TV do not want the wall.... so, we can anticipate a real down and dirty fight from them....

nope!

the Dems can't sue to block acquiring the land, but the land owners can fight the taking of their land eventually through eminent domain, by insisting on getting fair market value and suits.... it'll take a decade to grab these land owner's property for it, before it is all said and done, and probably triple the cost of the wall!!! :eek:

All the land owners on the border that I have seen interviewed on TV do not want the wall.... so, we can anticipate a real down and dirty fight from them....

The Federal Government taking the lands of individuals? Doesn’t sound very conservative to me. LOL

Democrats won't deal with anything unless they get at least twice as much out of a negotiations than the Republicans.

Ray, if you're worried about old age and programs like medicare and social security surviving, then you're wrong pushing for republicans, who want to gut those programs. They never liked them. That was proven in the lasted tax break for billionaires.

Tax breaks for wealthy paid for with deep cuts to Medicare, Medicaid and Social Security

Forum List

Back