Poll: 79% approve of way Obama is handling transition

They were surprisingly accurate this election. I'm sure there's a conspiracy theory somewhere here. Now they're polling job approval ratings for someone who hasn't started working yet. :lol:

conspiracy yeah thats it.. :cuckoo:

CNN is doing the same thing they did with Clinton and Bush, the approval ratings are for how he is handling the transition.. Did you even read anything before you started your partisan rant?

This is so true, i don't ever remember this kind of publicity around this kind of decision-making before a president even took office. Does anyone remember how long it took Bush to fill key jobs? OMG, for fucking EVER.

most President elects don't even start naming cabinet members under after the Electoral votes are finalized.

Bush took office and didn't even have his entire administration in place and I believe Clinton was the same way.

Obama has been receiving security briefings 7 days a week, whereas Bush only got them 6 days a week. Obama speaks to not only his administration but the current administration to be kept aprised of what is going on.

It's clear that he's not a sugar coater either. He's telling the hard truths to America and they are responding favorably to those truths (for the most part) because it's refreshing to have a leader who respects the intelligence of the American people and expects they are not only willing but able to cope with the challenges ahead.

conspiracy yeah thats it.. :cuckoo:

CNN is doing the same thing they did with Clinton and Bush, the approval ratings are for how he is handling the transition.. Did you even read anything before you started your partisan rant?

Don't get all out of whack! I'm only egging you on!

This polling stuff is really amusing to me. I also enjoy making fun of liberals like yourself. You folks make it too easy!

:lol::lol::lol:

We can agree to disagree...but I don't think the average American could tell you who he has selected, what he has said regarding the economy, etc. I think they are just eager for him to be Prez.

Considering that they showed fairly conclusively that even in Washington, D.C. most of the people polled couldn't identify a picture of Joe Biden the week before the election...its great that you have that much faith in the political acumen of the average American...I just don't share it. I think most Americans are worrying about themselves, their families, their jobs...they are looking forward to our new President...but they aren't really looking into who he's choosing for his administration.

It's kind of interesting though that 79% of the people polled say they are pleased with how he's handling the transition but only 53% voted for him. How do you suppose those other 26% came to the conclusion that he was doing a good job if 1) they didn't support him in the election and 2) if they haven't a clue what he's doing now?

I think it's rather telling that his approval ratings are so much higher than both bush and clinton and in fact he's been much more out front and public during the transition than either of them were.

Perhaps the American public can't name names but they certainly do KNOW that he's not sitting in his Chicago home just waiting for inaguration day to get started.

It's kind of interesting though that 79% of the people polled say they are pleased with how he's handling the transition but only 53% voted for him. How do you suppose those other 26% came to the conclusion that he was doing a good job if 1) they didn't support him in the election and 2) if they haven't a clue what he's doing now?

I think it's rather telling that his approval ratings are so much higher than both bush and clinton and in fact he's been much more out front and public during the transition than either of them were.

Perhaps the American public can't name names but they certainly do KNOW that he's not sitting in his Chicago home just waiting for inaguration day to get started.

That's true. Bush was such a disaster that expectations for Obama are very, very high. I wonder how long America will allow Obama to deliver on his promises? Being put on a pedestal has major risks.

That's true. Bush was such a disaster that expectations for Obama are very, very high. I wonder how long America will allow Obama to deliver on his promises? Being put on a pedestal has major risks.
Not necessarily. My expectations for him were VERY low. Needless to say, i've been pleasantly surprised. The pick of Eric Holder for AG, for instance. Holder was a brilliant DAG.

I think the opposite....Bush was such a disaster that expectations for Obama are pretty low...any improvement over what we've had will be welcome....I think like catz, many people have been pleasantly surprised by Obama's hands-on approach to this transition....doing his weekly radio address and video, holding multiple press conferences, appearing on Meet the Press, actually expressing an opinion and agenda on how to get the country moving again, et al.

I think the opposite....Bush was such a disaster that expectations for Obama are pretty low...any improvement over what we've had will be welcome....I think like catz, many people have been pleasantly surprised by Obama's hands-on approach to this transition....doing his weekly radio address and video, holding multiple press conferences, appearing on Meet the Press, actually expressing an opinion and agenda on how to get the country moving again, et al.

Just choosing qualified people puts him head and shoulders above Bush the Lesser. God, Bush put some IDIOTS in several positions, and not just at the top tier, at the mid level, where they can really cause mayhem.

And they'll be telling us just what to do and just what to think. Great News! I was getting tired of thinking for myself anyway. :cuckoo:

I think the adults of whom he speaks are the same groupies that just whistled away the hours while the terrorists hit us over and over and over, and Monica diddled and Billboard fiddled and Rome almost burned down.. and then that excellent choice of HOlder,, wasn't he the guy that got Mark Rich a pardon?? and who was Mark Rich you ask??? well, that's another google day isn't it??? corruption..

And they'll be telling us just what to do and just what to think. Great News! I was getting tired of thinking for myself anyway. :cuckoo:

:lol: oh wow...another adults are evil member... I can introduce you to Amanda if you like...

Not necessarily. My expectations for him were VERY low. Needless to say, i've been pleasantly surprised. The pick of Eric Holder for AG, for instance. Holder was a brilliant DAG.

That's a good way to look at it, but it doesn't seem to be the norm. There are not only high hopes for Obama, but high expectations from both Americans and non-Americans. If Obama doesn't deliver by this Summer, people might start looking for another 'savior'.

That's a good way to look at it, but it doesn't seem to be the norm. There are not only high hopes for Obama, but high expectations from both Americans and non-Americans. If Obama doesn't deliver by this Summer, people might start looking for another 'savior'.

anyone who thinks he can deliver some magic fix by Summer was already looking for him to fail IMO and most of those people weren't supporters to begin with.

I'd say it's high HOPES rather than high expectations that people have for Obama's presidency.

anyone who thinks he can deliver some magic fix by Summer was already looking for him to fail IMO and most of those people weren't supporters to begin with.

I'd say it's high HOPES rather than high expectations that people have for Obama's presidency.

I disagree. He was actively out there selling snake oil. I think some people probably bought it. The question is, how many people bought snake oil and how long will it be 'til they are disillusioned.

The people that want him to fail never had expectations of him.

I personally want him to succeed in making this country a better place. I haven't heard anything that leads me to think, he will achieve that result. But, if it happens, I'll give him credit, I've been wrong before and if I'm wrong again, it won't be the last time.

so

briefly speaking

YES WE CAN is ammended to NO WE CAN'T ARE YOU CRAZY? WE NEVER EXPECTED HIM TO DO WHAT HE SAID HE COULD DO or more briefly put NO! WE CAN'T

I disagree. He was actively out there selling snake oil. I think some people probably bought it. The question is, how many people bought snake oil and how long will it be 'til they are disillusioned.

The people that want him to fail never had expectations of him.

I personally want him to succeed in making this country a better place. I haven't heard anything that leads me to think, he will achieve that result. But, if it happens, I'll give him credit, I've been wrong before and if I'm wrong again, it won't be the last time.

You are already wrong.

You are already wrong.

Uhhh....I hate to remind you, but he hasn't taken office yet. Why don't you wait until he gets in office before you claim credit for something he's done.

Oh wait, I forgot, YOU'RE the adult now. You get to say what I'm to do and think. Sorry, I almost forgot.

A CNN poll? I'm surprised it wasn't 100%. Didn't Saddam Hussein get a 100% approval rating each year he was leader of Iraq?

Approval rating polls can change quickly. Worst of all, the higher the approval rating, the bigger the fall back to reality. Remember, GW had a 92% approval rating after 9/11.

I never thought he was a messiah. I try not to mix my religion with my politics. Politicians are, generically speaking, corrupt. And, Messiahs tend to die early and often.

Forum List

Back