Politics Today

Wry Catcher

Diamond Member
Aug 3, 2009
San Francisco Bay Area
The conspiracy by the Republican Party to keep secrets from our nation's people should concern all citizens, and putting a flashlight on every issue requires due diligence.

It is becoming more clear with ever tweet, every non response by the White House Press Sect., Republican Members of the Senate and the H. or Rep. that the Republican Party is tight lipped on its agenda, and keeps that agenda hidden.

The clues which expose their ultimate goal give us a clue:
  • Attacks on a free press and the MSM
  • Voter suppression
  • Attacks on Mueller and his investigators
  • Attacks on labor
  • Attacks on private citizens
  • Attacks on human rights
  • Attacks on minorities
Their goal, to keep power, and strive for absolute power.

The Republican Party is currently in a state of chaos, and it is self inflicted. They made promises, and didn't deliver; they claimed to be a BIG TENT and shut the door to debate, they promised jobs, tax reform, a less expensive and better health care system, a secure border and an end to terrorism; they have done none of what they promised.

Keep this in mind when listening to all Pols, but especially this new crop of 21st Republicans: It is not what they say, it is what they have done and will do and for whom. When the dinner bell rings, it rings for the few, not the many when Republicans are in charge. They put their job first, their party next and their benefactors third. They will patronize the hoi polloi, but make no mistake they hate and fear democracy and We the People.

It's actually a bit less on "politics" and more like a really bad business deal that Trump's 1/3 base made with the orange charlatan.

The leftists are not accustomed to having their news outlets questioned. If they could they would shoot anyone that does.

yes, sure.....because hannity,Jones, Rushie-baby, et al are walking around with Kevlar vests????

(what a fucking moron.....LOL)

The conspiracy by the Republican Party to keep secrets from our nation's people should concern all citizens, and putting a flashlight on every issue requires due diligence.

It is becoming more clear with ever tweet, every non response by the White House Press Sect., Republican Members of the Senate and the H. or Rep. that the Republican Party is tight lipped on its agenda, and keeps that agenda hidden.

• Voter suppression
  • Attacks on labor
  • Attacks on minorities

The Republican Party is currently in a state of chaos, and it is self inflicted. They made promises, and didn't deliver; they claimed to be a BIG TENT and shut the door to debate, they promised jobs, tax reform, a less expensive and better health care system, a secure border and an end to terrorism; they have done none of what they promised.

Keep this in mind when listening to all Pols, but especially this new crop of 21st Republicans: It is not what they say, it is what they have done and will do and for whom. When the dinner bell rings, it rings for the few, not the many when Republicans are in charge. They put their job first, their party next and their benefactors third. They will patronize the hoi polloi, but make no mistake they hate and fear democracy and We the People.
you can say the same about the democrats wry with a few of your points.....

• Voter suppression
  • Attacks on labor
  • Attacks on minorities

Another user of an experimental drug the Democrats are not telling us about. It is called the stupid pill, or it should be.

Your tired rhetoric means shit. Trump is transparent compared to Obama, Bush , and Clinton and the American people know it. I highly doubt your storytelling is going to change anyone's mind.

It's almost cute that you still believe that there is something called politics in the US.

It isn't.

America hasn't got a population. No citizens. America is a reality show with an audience, constiuted by spectators.

The only thing you care about is entertainment. With your ever shrinking attention span dropping below 20 seconds nothing real really matters to you anymore.

You express your hard earned freedom by choosing a president because "the other one" was worse. "The other one"?!? You can choose whom ever you want. But no - you blame the media - the media you buy, for skewing information and then you choose what seems most entertaining.

I like America, Americans are about the nicest you can meet, open, generous, fun and likable.

But you are totally lost to entertainment.

It's almost cute that you still believe that there is something called politics in the US.

It isn't.

America hasn't got a population. No citizens. America is a reality show with an audience, constiuted by spectators.

The only thing you care about is entertainment. With your ever shrinking attention span dropping below 20 seconds nothing real really matters to you anymore.

You express your hard earned freedom by choosing a president because "the other one" was worse. "The other one"?!? You can choose whom ever you want. But no - you blame the media - the media you buy, for skewing information and then you choose what seems most entertaining.

I like America, Americans are about the nicest you can meet, open, generous, fun and likable.

Wow, interesting post. I agree with a lot of it. Our attention spans are short and our propensity to blame anyone other than ourselves is long. The Two Minute Hate. Keeps us divided when in fact we are, as you say, individually open, generous fun and likable. On this Board there seems to be a function that you can automatically add ", you asshole" or ",you dimwit" or ", you retard" to any post. I haven't found that function yet, but many seem to have enabled it on their browsers.

It isn't.

Wow, interesting post. I agree with a lot of it. Our attention spans are short and our propensity to blame anyone other than ourselves is long. The Two Minute Hate. Keeps us divided when in fact we are, as you say, individually open, generous fun and likable. On this Board there seems to be a function that you can automatically add ", you asshole" or ",you dimwit" or ", you retard" to any post. I haven't found that function yet, but many seem to have enabled it on their browsers.
We have been divided for a long time. always, really. However lately we only hear about it since leftists are out of power, otherwise it's "suck it up baby, elections have consequences".

Americans abroad are typically seen as obnoxious, rude and arrogant. And fat.

It isn't.

We have been divided for a long time. always, really. However lately we only hear about it since leftists are out of power, otherwise it's "suck it up baby, elections have consequences".

Unfortunately, you are correct about the long time divisions in the country. I believe however that the media has worsened it, particularly the 24/7 availability of everything that everyone does. It increases the heat on everyone imho.

I don't agree that Americans abroad are seen as obnoxious, rude and arrogant. That is an media generalization that people who travel abroad frequently just don't experience. There are different countries of course, but my experiences in China, Taiwan, Thailand, Belgium, and France in particular lead me to the opposite conclusion. People are just terrific to me particularly when they find out I am an American. (Although not a "true American" according to some on this Board, lol.)

• Voter suppression
  • Attacks on labor
  • Attacks on minorities

True.

Other indicators of the right’s hateful agenda include:

Seeking to conjoin church and state

Attacks on gay and transgender Americans

An unwarranted hostility toward immigrants

An unwarranted hostility toward Muslims

And conservatives’ contempt for the privacy rights of women

The bane of conservative dogma is the greatest threat to the rights and protected liberties of all Americans.

• Voter suppression
  • Attacks on labor
  • Attacks on minorities

Blah, blah, blah, blah. Careful, you better look under your bed at night.

It isn't.

Left and right... yeah, the current teams. I don't think it's about that. Here's an example:

The world found this entertaining, a monkey doing a selfie. What do the world know about entertainment?

The real entertainment is giving the fucking ape copyright!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/07/13/photographer-centre-bizarre-court-battle-reveals-sued-monkey/

My point is that you don't really care anymore about what is really right or wrong. As long it's amusing it's okay.

Also, I disagree, Americans are typically held in high regard for all I know. Add "tacky" to your description and you have yourself a post-Jeltsin Russian.

I've been all over the world, I was even treated with amazing respect in the Middle East. The worst I've ever been treated was by Blacks working at the Minneapolis Airport.

Forum List

Back