Politicians With Weird Religious Beliefs.

Neubarth

At the Ballpark July 30th
Nov 8, 2008
South Pacific
If a guy were running for President and believed that Grasshoppers would be the salvation of the world. They would swoop down from Heaven and carry away all of the evil people in the world would you vote for him or her?

Or if somebody believed in human beheading ceremonies to appease God, would you vote for him? Does anybody know of any weird religions out there that have candidates for President???

If so, please relate what you know.

We have a religion in America that teaches that the American Indians were descended from two Jewish migrations to the New World from the Old. The first migration swept across North Africa and from there sailed across the Atlantic Ocean to America and populated the land. The second migration traveled to the East from Israel and built submarines that they sailed underwater from Viet Nam to the west coast of South America. I figured that they had to be Nuclear Powered Submarines because they did not use the Oxygen to provide propulsion.

At any rate, all of these Jewish-Indians populated the land and waged war against each other. I guess they forgot that they were all Jews and lost that brotherhood.

Those that survived this ruthless killing of each other built great cities and civilizations in the New World and the religious writing of the religion specifies where they were. Unfortunately they were not there when Columbus arrived on the scene, so the religion says that there was a great Earthshake that moved the cities hundreds of miles across the countryside to their locations when Columbus arrived. Columbus never wrote anything about the tidal waves in the Atlantic from that massive shifting of the land. Nor did any of the coastal cities of Europe report 500 foot tidal waves from that massive land shift.

Now, the Native Americans do not test positive for Jewish DNA and the religion does not account for that, last I heard. God must have changed their DNA to confuse modern scientists.

There are other teachings that are totally weird. Supposedly if you are a faithful member of this religion you will be sent after you have died to your own planet where you will be the Adam who will start human growth on the planet. When you have enough humans procreating (breeding like rabbits) down on the planet you get to ascent to heaven and be the God of that planet. (Some people call this the Adam-God syndrome.) All faithful male members of that religion get to be the Adam on their planet and then the God of that planet, which is really neat except for the Bible says that there is only ONE GOD, not one for every planet.

Last edited:
If you're looking for weird, how about one in which certain water and smoke is believed to have magical powers? Or, what about the belief that a corpse could rot in a cave for three days and then walk out and resume life? How about one that is based on infanticide? Or one that believes that a mortal man was actually THE god and that secret signs, handshakes*, and passwords are necessary to reach the highest level of heaven (where you too may become a "god" in your own right--oth*erwise known as "eternal progressio*n") and that certain underwear is magical?

Really, there's no shortage of wacky beliefs; the list goes on and on.

Asking the question, asking any question in a quest for learning does not make you, or anyone else a "fucking creep". Indeed, I would ask why some are so afraid to face facts head on. Why do some insist on lying about religions? What are they afraid of?

What about the weirdos who believe anyone not a member of their religion should be killed and they don't believe women are equal to men. The women have been stoned to death for showing their arm in public. Slimy.

$38yearsOld.jpg

I looked better than you at 58 than you did at 38.....

Just sayin...

Oh so NOW you are upset about the crazy Mormans?????????????

If a guy were running for President and believed that Grasshoppers would be the salvation of the world. They would swoop down from Heaven and carry away all of the evil people in the world would you vote for him or her?

Or if somebody believed in human beheading ceremonies to appease God, would you vote for him? Does anybody know of any weird religions out there that have candidates for President???

It would depend on whether that person had a track record, or plan, that was in the best interest of our republic. As long as they prove they work for the public good, in a secular way, I wouldn't care if they had ritual murder/torture images in their private homes.

So, do you have an instance where this is not asinine conjecture. Thought not.

If you want to attack Rom on his religion, say so. If not, then make your point without all the beating around the bush.

For me, Mormons are not much different than the rest of the Christians. They all hold beliefs that I don't agree with. That does not make them bad leaders. Beheadings OTOH, are a different story. Get to the point.

I wouldn't care what sort of kooky religious beliefs they have if it didn't interfere with their ability to do the job.

Forum List

Back