Political Black Humor?

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
http://www.opinionjournal.com/best/

embedded links
Confronting Hunger
After a few hours exploring the press pavilion and convention hall, it's time for dinner. We wander out onto the nearby streets, closed to traffic but still open for business. A beefy young man, perhaps 30, wearing an orange shirt, holds a piece of orange poster board on which a message is scrawled: "Bush rapes Iraq and won't pull out (to steal their oil)."

"Look at the punch line!" he demands, turning the card over. The other side reads: "Kerry will try a new position."

Now it's our turn to act uncomprehending in response to a lame joke (the parenthetical is particularly pitiful). We look at him and, employing the first person singular, we deadpan: "I'm not sure I understand the joke."

"Think sexual positions," he says, turning the card over so we can read the whole thing again.

We scold him: "Rape is a crime of violence, not sex." Then we ask if the sign is supposed to be pro- or anti-Kerry. "It's antioccupation," he says, adding that Kerry isn't much better than Bush and he plans to vote for Nader. But he warns darkly that if Nader wins, he'll be assassinated by the powers that be. "I voted for Kucinich. He would've got shot if he'd been elected, just like RFK."

Oh, it turns out this guy teaches in the Boston public schools.

When we tell him we work for The Wall Street Journal, he informs us that "20,000 children will starve to death today, and it's good for the stock market." We ask how it's good for the stock market, and he answers, "Hungry people work cheap."

He plainly wants to go on about this at some length, but we cut him short. "Speaking of starving," we say, "we've got to get some dinner." He takes offense at our glibness and yells something disparaging about the Journal as we walk away.

What the heck does he teach?

AntiAmericanism 101. Pretty good class, ever growing in popularity. Students get extra credit if they take to the streets supporting greenpeace. :gay:

Kathianne said:

This is why the Dems build the "protestor cage" in the first place, just for the raving moonbats migrating to Boston.

Imagine getting them all together in a small space, have some crack team of mental health professionals mingle into the crowd. Those who totally go off the rocker are discretely marked with a UV felt tip and are later apprehended as they try to leave the area and return to their own has guzzling private vehicles. Those taking the bus should probably get a pass for lacking hipocracy.

The few hundred in custody are all shipped to the frozen tundra in Alaska into a work camp, where they can help dig for oil and help relieve America of the Middle East dependancy. That is, those actually drove to the event and burned oil in the process. Then again, being clothed or eating food is still a sign of their own personal oil consumption, and we can just ship them all off, for hipocracy.

Just a nasty little thought I'd never actually approve, but the Karma value is priceless.

Kathianne said:
Oh, it turns out this guy teaches in the Boston public schools.

That's frightening, but sadly enough not shocking. A friend of mine went to Texas Tech a few years ago and told me about one of his professors. To put it in a nutshell, imagine Michael Moore teaching a class. :puke:

Forum List

Back