Political Ads: Democrats Favor Gossip Shows, Republicans Prime-time Shows

Rikurzhen

Gold Member
Jul 24, 2014
An interesting article from the Washington Post:

Democrats dominate in Hollywood-gossip programs.

And now the big one: dominance in primetime shows. Here, we get to a point that should already have been obvious. The difference in where people advertise is usually guided by the TV stations, which pick shows based on ratings. . . .

So on this chart, it's really the margins that are interesting. Republicans are far more likely to advertise on "Big Bang Theory." Democrats are far more likely to advertise on "Scandal" and, yes, "Big Brother."
Gameshows.png

Primetime.png

I feel so out of touch. I don't recognize any of those television programs. All I ever watch are my favorite 231 channels that sell phony artwork and crap costume jewelry to geriatric women whose entire reason for living is to hear themselves on TV telling Rachel and Suzie how wonderful the previous 11 black velvet matador paintings were that they bought, and how much they know they'll love the new one they just shelled out $500 for, plus $38 shipping and handling.

And now the big one: dominance in primetime shows. Here, we get to a point that should already have been obvious. The difference in where people advertise is usually guided by the TV stations, which pick shows based on ratings. . . .

So on this chart, it's really the margins that are interesting. Republicans are far more likely to advertise on "Big Bang Theory." Democrats are far more likely to advertise on "Scandal" and, yes, "Big Brother."
Gameshows.png

Primetime.png
The Democrats do not need to target the intelligent viewers, they go after viewers whose support they do not have.

Gameshows.png

Primetime.png
The Democrats do not need to target the intelligent viewers, they go after viewers whose support they do not have.

I see what you're saying. It's like cigarette companies don't target smokers, they target non-smokers. Women's clothing stores don't target women, they target men. Auto companies don't target car buyers, they target people who ride mass transit. Fast Food companies don't target meat eaters, they target vegetarians. Financial service firms don't target investors, they target welfare recipients.

Thanks for setting me straight.

I think the disparity between Jeopardy and Wheel of Fortune sums it up nicely.
Both of those sound like Democratic programs aimed at "helping the poor and middle class."
I was thinking more in terms of intellectual challenge.
Of course, if democrats ran WoF, correct spelling would not be required and vowels would be purchased with food stamps.

Gameshows.png

Primetime.png

I see what you're saying. It's like cigarette companies don't target smokers, they target non-smokers. Women's clothing stores don't target women, they target men. Auto companies don't target car buyers, they target people who ride mass transit. Fast Food companies don't target meat eaters, they target vegetarians. Financial service firms don't target investors, they target welfare recipients.

They are potential voters, not the same with smokers. Why preach to the choir when it is costing you money?

Gameshows.png

Primetime.png

They are potential voters, not the same with smokers. Why preach to the choir when it is costing you money?

You have an entire board here filled with liberal comments. All the evidence you need to inform an opinion. Why on Earth would you float the bizarre notion that liberals are intelligent when all the evidece before your eyes shows them to be dagmatic and restricted thinkers, essentially raw nerves of emotion with little thought backing their positions?

The professionals in the Democratic ad-buying operation know their audience and "thinking" doesn't describe them.

Gameshows.png

Primetime.png

You have an entire board here filled with liberal comments. All the evidence you need to inform an opinion. Why on Earth would you float the bizarre notion that liberals are intelligent when all the evidece before your eyes shows them to be dagmatic and restricted thinkers, essentially raw nerves of emotion with little thought backing their positions?

The professionals in the Democratic ad-buying operation know their audience and "thinking" doesn't describe them.

Gameshows.png

Primetime.png

Why should I listen to your opinion which is based on hatred, not intelligence.

So on this chart, it's really the margins that are interesting. Republicans are far more likely to advertise on "Big Bang Theory." Democrats are far more likely to advertise on "Scandal" and, yes, "Big Brother."​

You need to check that chart again. It actually says exactly the opposite!

So on this chart, it's really the margins that are interesting. Republicans are far more likely to advertise on "Big Bang Theory." Democrats are far more likely to advertise on "Scandal" and, yes, "Big Brother."​
You need to check that chart again. It actually says exactly the opposite!

Explain yourself comrade.

Forum List

Back