POLICING FOR PROFIT

Yes, it would require a totally new Government in this nation, but it would be very simple to go about separating ourselves from other nations. We simply tell both people and corporations to make a choice.... you're a citizen of the United States or you're a citizen of the world. Make your choice and be prepared to live with it. Just don't expect to take any of your money or property (physical or intellectual) with you when you go.
We already have that, it's called The Constitution but the question remains: Do Americans have the balls enough to FORCE Politicians to follow it?

I don't think so.
Good point.

Generations of complacency, apathy, and selfishness have corroded the collective character of the American People. We just ain't what we used to be.

As it is you are an authoritarian in an academic and theoretical context. But how would you rank if an authoritarian regime, such as emerged in fascist Italy, suddenly came to power? What if you didn't like doing what you were told to do -- which is the name of that game?

In such a case, an individual has three options.... a) Accept the new social order and deal with it. b) Leave the country. c) Resist and expect to die.

Obviously, which option I would take depends on the specifics of the new Government/Social Order.

The Theory and Practice of Hell, by Eugen Kogen (available from Amazon) is a book I recommend to you.

Sounds interesting. I'll take a look at it, though so far as I'm concerned I see the Theory and Practice of Hell outside my door every single day. You folks call it American Society.

Generations of complacency, apathy, and selfishness have corroded the collective character of the American People. We just ain't what we used to be.

Exactly. The US Constitution hasn't been worth anything since old "Honest Abe" took it to the outhouse and used it as toilet paper back in 1861. Then we trumped that with the social movements of the 20th Century.... like Sufferage and the Women's Rights movement.

What are you leftie hypocrites going to do about alleged Police corruption? Whine about it and look for some guy with a sign that says "no prisons and no police" when you get in trouble? Is it going to be a left wing political issue fueled by hatred and emotion or are you going to try to get the best people for the job? So far 166 Police Officers throughout the U.S. died in the line of duty this year protecting your ungrateful asses and you sit back all fat and happy and protected and watch channel 15 and pop another beer and complain.

What are you leftie hypocrites going to do about alleged Police corruption? Whine about it and look for some guy with a sign that says "no prisons and no police" when you get in trouble? Is it going to be a left wing political issue fueled by hatred and emotion or are you going to try to get the best people for the job? So far 166 Police Officers throughout the U.S. died in the line of duty this year protecting your ungrateful asses and you sit back all fat and happy and protected and watch channel 15 and pop another beer and complain.
The line-of-duty deaths of 166 police officers is not relevant to this discussion. Death and/or injury is an inherent risk of the police occupation and those who are not willing to accept that risk should seek a different occupation, such as mail carrier, utility meter reader, etc.

Also, police work is not the most dangerous job. In fact it ranks somewhere around Number Ten on the list of dangerous occupations. When I was a boy my best friend's father, an iron worker, died while working on construction of the Verrazano Bridge. He died while serving the public interest in an exceptionally dangerous job but there was no bagpipe parade at his funeral.

Forum List

Back