Police Sergeant Chokes Subordinate Officer -- Was He Wrong?

Biff_Poindexter

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2018
USA

"A police sergeant in Florida has been placed on desk duty after video showed him assaulting a fellow officer who was trying to de-escalate a man's arrest. The body cam video shows Sunrise police Sgt. Christopher Pullease threatening the suspect with pepper spray, and engaging in a verbal altercation with him, after he'd already been taken into custody and placed in the back of a patrol car.

A 28-year-old female officer grabs Pullease by the back of his belt and tries to pull him away, he turns around and briefly puts his hand around her throat, before grabbing her by the vest and pushing her against another patrol car. In an interview with Miami's Channel 7, Sunrise Police Chief Anthony Rosa said Pullease's behavior was "disgusting," adding that "the video speaks for itself.”
“I’m very proud of this police officer," Rosa said. "She took some definitive action. I can only imagine what she must be feeling. She’s a newer officer, and he’s a very senior sergeant.”

This is why I understand why many of the Conservatives on this message board feel we shouldn't have any broads on the police force...because as this cop has showed, these women don't know how to stay in their place...How are you going to try to disrespect your superior officer like that?? and for what?? Because you were worried about him pepper spraying some thug? Who cares....and he barely even grabbed her throat to be honest...I mean, you or I couldn't do that to her without at the very least being charged with assault; if not shot dead -- but you and I are not police, we don't deal with the pressures they have to deal with....Obviously this guy was stressed and as usual, its some nagging broad that comes along and makes a man snap..

"A police sergeant in Florida has been placed on desk duty after video showed him assaulting a fellow officer who was trying to de-escalate a man's arrest. The body cam video shows Sunrise police Sgt. Christopher Pullease threatening the suspect with pepper spray, and engaging in a verbal altercation with him, after he'd already been taken into custody and placed in the back of a patrol car.

A 28-year-old female officer grabs Pullease by the back of his belt and tries to pull him away, he turns around and briefly puts his hand around her throat, before grabbing her by the vest and pushing her against another patrol car. In an interview with Miami's Channel 7, Sunrise Police Chief Anthony Rosa said Pullease's behavior was "disgusting," adding that "the video speaks for itself.”
“I’m very proud of this police officer," Rosa said. "She took some definitive action. I can only imagine what she must be feeling. She’s a newer officer, and he’s a very senior sergeant.”

This is why I understand why many of the Conservatives on this message board feel we shouldn't have any broads on the police force...because as this cop has showed, these women don't know how to stay in their place...How are you going to try to disrespect your superior officer like that?? and for what?? Because you were worried about him pepper spraying some thug? Who cares....and he barely even grabbed her throat to be honest...I mean, you or I couldn't do that to her without at the very least being charged with assault; if not shot dead -- but you and I are not police, we don't deal with the pressures they have to deal with....Obviously this guy was stressed and as usual, its some nagging broad that comes along and makes a man snap..
I know sunrise, fl---some very very violent criminals over there. The male cop was trying to arrest ANOTHER violent Black criminal and she was interfering. Putting everyone in danger.

The criminal wasn't being abused so why was she interfering is another question?

I know sunrise, fl---some very very violent criminals over there. The male cop was trying to arrest ANOTHER violent Black criminal and she was interfering. Putting everyone in danger.

As often happens, you didn't even read the article.

The body cam video shows Sunrise police Sgt. Christopher Pullease threatening the suspect with pepper spray, and engaging in a verbal altercation with him, after he'd already been taken into custody and placed in the back of a patrol car.

What an exciting life you must lead

The criminal wasn't being abused so why was she interfering is another question?
Except...the violent criminal was already cuffed and in the car....

Now, maybe it is standard protocol to pepper spray people who are already cuffed and in the car -- so he has nothing to worry about...

He attacked another officer. He should be terminated for cause.
If you watch the video, you see that she was the aggressor. Out of nowhere she just runs up and yanks him by his belt, dragging him backwards. His reaction doesnt seem entirely unjustified. ...and lets slow down with this "choking" claim. No one was choked at any point. He simply pushed her away.

Glad to see that sort of response to a shit cop from the Sunrise dept. If that were the Davie police dept. they probably would of given him a promotion.

If you watch the video, you see that she was the aggressor. Out of nowhere she just runs up and yanks him by his belt, dragging him backwards. His reaction doesnt seem entirely unjustified. ...and lets slow down with this "choking" claim. No one was choked at any point.
Yea. but can you do that to an officer and it not be called assault??

Even if they aggressively yanked you and dragged you when you were doing nothing wrong??

No one got choked. Why are blatant lies completely acceptable these days?

Yea. but can you do that to an officer and it not be called assault??

Even if they aggressively yanked you and dragged you when you were doing nothing wrong??
You mean yanking him by his belt? Yes, Im sure that could be considered assault. Him pushing her away at that point is called self defense.

That female officer was apparently new or she wouldnt be interfering in the important work of protecing the public. She is not cut out for the job and they should find her a desk or some similar role.g

That female officer was apparently new or she wouldnt be interfering in the important work of protecing the public. She is not cut out for the job and they should find her a desk or some similar role.g
You are trying to be sarcastic, but that is the only time you are ever right. She is clearly not cut out for this job. Yanking a sergeant by his belt? In what what world is that ever ok to do?

No one got choked. Why are blatant lies completely acceptable these days?
I said..can you do that to an officer and it not be called assault??

Grabbing someone's throat and then shoving them against a car -- can you do that and it not be assault -- especially to an officer?

Forum List

Back