Police investigating after 31 patients died inside Quebec long-term care home..disabled home also abandoned

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
31 People dead due to neglect. Please start judging Canada for what we are. This isn't even the worst example, a home for disabled people was left unattended (in Markham, north Toronto) and people, many who lack the capacity, to fend for themselves after an outbreak. Alone, disabled and without any help.

Canadians are far less giving than Americans, I've experienced the cruelty of the biggest cowards in our society personally. We aren't this, "warm, fuzzy, civil liberty loving nation" that some in your country wish to paint us as. The most powerful in Canada are almost to a man the most abusive and weak. They'd fail in America but thrive in a nepotistic kakistocracy.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/coronavirus-covid19-april12-canada-world-1.5530202

Police are investigating the owners of a privately run Montreal-area nursing home after news that 31 patients died at the facility since mid-March.

At least five of the deceased residents had contracted COVID-19, Quebec Premier François Legault revealed on Saturday.

He promised a thorough public investigation into Résidence Herron in Dorval, where nurses spoke out on Saturday about conditions inside the home.

They said residents were left in unsanitary conditions, many unfed and without water for more than 24 hours, because staff were failing to show up.

Last edited:
That's what happens with privatization...The public residences are reacting far better. The owner of this particular residence (which was a super high end very expensive retirement residence) is a building developer, his company is located in my area. He and his company are now under criminal investigation as they should be.

That's what happens with privatization...The public residences are reacting far better. The owner of this particular residence (which was a super high end very expensive retirement residence) is a building developer, his company is located in my area. He and his company are now under criminal investigation as they should be.

This attitude and culture of abuse has been rampant in Canada across many fields and circumstances. Be it, as I've experienced, lying covert police in your high school many years ago in Toronto (I repeat, I have no criminal record nor allegations, though I have a few dishonest, cowardly enemies, which I am proud of), or, dishonest agent provocateur stains of humanity in our workplace. There are repeated excuses manufactured by these agencies to "justify their existence and actions against someone".

The fact is, Canada embraces the same tactics that communists embrace, we have by osmosis, been spreading this into the U.S with our close relationship over the years, which hopefully, for Americans sake, has been strained. I follow the U.S system even closer than my own. I read the stories and books on a wide array of subjects, on top of my own interests unrelated to these matters.

It's my conclusion, that America has becoming more like us, and in Canada, we are becoming more like China. This is not good for the world. My position on China and my respect for Americas system is a real issue with the covert cowards in Canada. It's not healthy when your system will crush your soul, your career and relationships to protect their own asses. It's why I recommend that CSIS take an attack and aggressive role in exposing these domestic police forces, from TPS to OPP and RCMP.

How does all of this relate to this issue of yet another abuse of the most vulnerable? Simple. It's a part of culture as the same power structures abuse the naive or most vulnerable, all for their own benefit. It's become accepted, even if unspoken.

Canadas system is about power and abuse of power, not innovation or contribution to the world. These agencies are doing it in the "private sector" (which doesn't really exist in Canada), in foreign companies, including American companies. Tampering with HR and harming our economy and reputation. No lie or abuse is going too far for CYA or self benefit. It's a great little racket for the agents and agencies, completely destructive of our nations Interests, especially now that our allies look at us with suspicion.

So many lives wasted in this desert of mediocrity and corruption.

Last edited:
31 People dead due to neglect. Please start judging Canada for what we are. This isn't even the worst example, a home for disabled people was left unattended (in Markham, north Toronto) and people, many who lack the capacity, to fend for themselves after an outbreak. Alone, disabled and without any help.

Canadians are far less giving than Americans, I've experienced the cruelty of the biggest cowards in our society personally. We aren't this, "warm, fuzzy, civil liberty loving nation" that some in your country wish to paint us as. The most powerful in Canada are almost to a man the most abusive and weak. They'd fail in America but thrive in a nepotistic kakistocracy.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/coronavirus-covid19-april12-canada-world-1.5530202

Police are investigating the owners of a privately run Montreal-area nursing home after news that 31 patients died at the facility since mid-March.

At least five of the deceased residents had contracted COVID-19, Quebec Premier François Legault revealed on Saturday.

He promised a thorough public investigation into Résidence Herron in Dorval, where nurses spoke out on Saturday about conditions inside the home.

They said residents were left in unsanitary conditions, many unfed and without water for more than 24 hours, because staff were failing to show up.
May God love and receive those who died from covid-19 and protect those who are still living.

In our country, if someone is threatening your life, you can protect yourself in self-defense. Who's gonna raise that nurse's 5 children if she catches that disease she was treating in the people who died in spite of getting the best care in the world? Caregivers in such a facility can be doomed. The stats are enormous, and everybody who has a computer can do the math. I'm so sorry for the situation. The disease is smarter than any human being. And they should be. They are descended from a family that precedes the human race by countless years into the billions. This planet was once thought to be 4.5 billion years old, and microbes started in the first few hundred thousands of years. The earliest human remains are only a couple of million years old if that. Who's been around the longest, now? :dunno:

Forum List

Back