Police identify mother, 2-year-old son who fell to death at San Diego baseball stadium; lawyer says wrongful death suit imminent

NewsVine_Mariyam

Platinum Member
Mar 3, 2018
The Beautiful Pacific Northwest
I'm not sure what even to say about this except that I find it puzzling in several regards. While these deaths are tragic, how are they wrongful? What did the owners of this venue fail to do when millions of other people have managed to visit the arena without jumping up on a bench and then falling to their deaths?

It's bad enough that she died from an unwise choice, but she took her infant with her. I wonder if she was intoxicated since the light bulb didn't come on when she fell the first time without getting hurt.

The two people fell from a concourse on the upper level of Petco Park before a San Diego Padres game last weekend. The family’s attorney said their deaths are “clearly wrongful.”​

I could break into your house, cut my leg on the broken window and sue your ass. The justice system here is a fucking joke.
If the elite arent getting off scot free, people are winning the dumbest civil cases.
Murica'
Anyone who breaks in is automatically deemed a threat and will have earned what follows
If the person is invited on a business property (business invitee) or as a invited guest (licensee) then the owner owes them a duty of care to keep the place reasonable free of hazards and to warn of know possible hazards or dangerous conditions.​
If the person is a trespasser, then the owner doesn’t owe them a duty except they can’t purposefully harm the trespasser.​

Anyone who breaks in is automatically deemed a threat and will have earned what follows

Not in california

"In the lesser-known case, an 18-year-old climbed onto a roof at a Redding, Calif., high school in 1982 to steal a $35 floodlight. The young man fell 27 feet through the skylight and was permanently disabled. His lawyers obtained a $260,000 up-front settlement with the school district’s insurer, plus $1,500 a month, for the rest of the man’s life.

The settlement was ridiculed. But consider that the skylight had been painted over. It wasn’t visible. Nine months earlier, a 19-year-old man on his way to a swimming pool at another high school in the same school district fell through a painted-over skylight and died."

I'm not sure what even to say about this except that I find it puzzling in several regards. While these deaths are tragic, how are they wrongful? What did the owners of this venue fail to do when millions of other people have managed to visit the arena without jumping up on a bench and then falling to their deaths?

It's bad enough that she died from an unwise choice, but she took her infant with her. I wonder if she was intoxicated since the light bulb didn't come on when she fell the first time without getting hurt.
Somebody would absolutely have to be either impaired or suicidal to do such a stupid thing. I hope someone thought to do a tox screen. I hope that baby is resting peacefully.

Did she have Kovid ?

Not in california

"In the lesser-known case, an 18-year-old climbed onto a roof at a Redding, Calif., high school in 1982 to steal a $35 floodlight. The young man fell 27 feet through the skylight and was permanently disabled. His lawyers obtained a $260,000 up-front settlement with the school district’s insurer, plus $1,500 a month, for the rest of the man’s life.

The settlement was ridiculed. But consider that the skylight had been painted over. It wasn’t visible. Nine months earlier, a 19-year-old man on his way to a swimming pool at another high school in the same school district fell through a painted-over skylight and died."
Sheer idiocy, in my opinion, yet we wonder why criminals are so bold.

In the last week here there were two different crime victims, one of assault, the other of vehicle theft. When the police failed to show up/intervene, both criminals came back and committed a second act of violence. The same guy assaulted the woman a second time and the same car thief stole the victim's car again.

This kind of insanity is what makes good people take drastic measures.

Somebody would absolutely have to be either impaired or suicidal to do such a stupid thing. I hope someone thought to do a tox screen. I hope that baby is resting peacefully.
And nobody spoke up to tell her what she was doing was not a good idea.

It's the rush to blame the ballpark that has me irritated more than anything else besides these unnecessary deaths since they could have been avoided, in my opinion.

And nobody spoke up to tell her what she was doing was not a good idea.

It's the rush to blame the ballpark that has me irritated more than anything else besides these unnecessary deaths since they could have been avoided, in my opinion.
Probably somebody pissed off that they had to go back to work when the unemployment went away and they're looking for a quick buck.

Sheer idiocy, in my opinion, yet we wonder why criminals are so bold.

In the last week here there were two different crime victims, one of assault, the other of vehicle theft. When the police failed to show up/intervene, both criminals came back and committed a second act of violence. The same guy assaulted the woman a second time and the same car thief stole the victim's car again.

This kind of insanity is what makes good people take drastic measures.

Yup. The Republic is dead. Now we get to see what comes after it. In the regards to criminal activities, I advise defend yourself, and leave. There is no justice in our legal system any longer. That is quite plain to see. And if you are contacted by police, SAY NOTHING!

I'm not sure what even to say about this except that I find it puzzling in several regards. While these deaths are tragic, how are they wrongful?
Because it's wrong to expect anyone to be responsible for their own actions in 21st century America

Yeah this is just sad as all hell. This attorney strikes me as being an ambulance chaser and that nothing will come of the lawsuit, although the Padres will probably settle out of court.

Drunk? I'm kind of thinkin' yes. Toxicology report please.

Yup. The Republic is dead. Now we get to see what comes after it. In the regards to criminal activities, I advise defend yourself, and leave. There is no justice in our legal system any longer. That is quite plain to see. And if you are contacted by police, SAY NOTHING!

Advice to live by! :clap::clap:

Like an old friend of mine was fond of saying, "Shoot, shovel and shut up".

Forum List

Back