Please explain why you Republicans support the wealthy over your own middle class?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by MiddleClass, Oct 24, 2011.

  1. MiddleClass
    Offline

    MiddleClass Moderate American

    Joined:
    Aug 26, 2011
    Messages:
    362
    Thanks Received:
    81
    Trophy Points:
    28
    Location:
    Delaware
    Ratings:
    +81
    Please explain Americans why you Republicans support the wealthy over your own middle class?

    I could never understand why the misguided mouthpieces in the Republican Party continue to make excuses for the top 1% wealthiest while dissing their own in the middle class. Cowards and Traitors, the bunch of ya. While the middle class is trying to unite against the wealthiest, some in the middle class are playing the Benedict Arnold role - all in the name of the Grand Ol' Party. :dunno:

    Shameless Cowards - the lot of you:eusa_naughty:

    -----
     
    • Thank You! Thank You! x 7
  2. Lonestar_logic
    Offline

    Lonestar_logic Republic of Texas

    Joined:
    May 13, 2009
    Messages:
    24,318
    Thanks Received:
    2,193
    Trophy Points:
    205
    Ratings:
    +3,505
    Define "support".
     
  3. WillowTree
    Offline

    WillowTree Diamond Member

    Joined:
    Sep 15, 2008
    Messages:
    68,147
    Thanks Received:
    10,164
    Trophy Points:
    2,030
    Ratings:
    +14,703
    Asshole. speaking only for myself of course. Just because I don't believe in demonizing the wealthy, or stealing from the wealthy doesn't mean I support the wealthy. Make your own damn way in life and quit trying to grab for yourself what others have earned. You would be the coward and a jack ass to boot.
     
    • Thank You! Thank You! x 6
  4. whitehall
    Online

    whitehall Gold Member

    Joined:
    Dec 28, 2010
    Messages:
    27,803
    Thanks Received:
    4,339
    Trophy Points:
    290
    Location:
    Western Va.
    Ratings:
    +10,764
    You have to wonder why a poster who calls himself "middle class" doesn't understand the middle class. Maybe he is middle class in Siberia. Don't the lefties understand that the government doesn't create jobs or stimulate the economy? The middle class people that democrats call the "rich" if they own a business and gross more than $250,000 per year are the targets of left wing socialists who want the whole Country to be a dismal society where no one dares to succeed.
     
  5. toxicmedia
    Offline

    toxicmedia Gold Member

    Joined:
    Jul 5, 2011
    Messages:
    5,411
    Thanks Received:
    836
    Trophy Points:
    245
    Location:
    Northern California
    Ratings:
    +2,351
    I'm not for class warfare, and I don't think the wealthy should be taxed anymore than everybody else...

    ...having said that.....I find it amusing how the top 1% has gotten the other 99% of Republicans to champion their cause. The top 1%....Bill Gates, Warren Buffett, and the Kochs don't traditionally share their wealth with that 99% of Republicans...yet that 99% fights for the wealthy's rights like they get something out of doing that.......just don't get it.
     
    • Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  6. PoliticalChic
    Online

    PoliticalChic Diamond Member

    Joined:
    Oct 6, 2008
    Messages:
    55,765
    Thanks Received:
    15,641
    Trophy Points:
    2,190
    Location:
    Brooklyn, NY
    Ratings:
    +24,936
    Well, MiddleCl-Ass, another mis-informed post!

    1. The glaring error in your post is the underlying idea that there is a 'rich' class in this nation.
    No such class exists in an ongoing basis...merely as a snapshot in time.

    "More than three-quarters of those working Americans whose incomes were in the bottom 20 percent in 1975 were also in the top 40 percent of income earners at some point by 1991, says Sowell."
    Source: Thomas Sowell, "How Media Misuse Income Data To Match Their Preconceptions," Investor's Business Daily, January 12, 2010.
    For text:
    How Media Misuse Income Data To Match Their Preconceptions - Investors.com

    2. When all sources of income are included -- wages, salaries, realized capital gains, dividends, business income and government benefits -- and taxes paid are deducted, households in the lowest income quintile saw a roughly 25% increase in their living standards from 1983 to 2005. (See chart nearby; the data is from the Congressional Budget Office's "Comprehensive Household Income.") This fact alone refutes the notion that the poor are getting poorer. They are not.

    The data also show downward mobility among the highest income earners. The top 1% in 1996 saw an average decline in their real, after-tax incomes by 52% in the next 10 years.
    America is still an opportunity society where talent and hard work can (almost always) overcome one's position at birth or at any point in time. Perhaps the best piece of news in this regard is the reduction in gaps between earnings of men and women, and between blacks and whites over the last 25 years.
    http://online.wsj.com/public/article...536934297.html

    3. There's a lot of income mobility in America, so comparing poor families today with the poor families of 10 years ago can be misleading because they're not the same families. Every year hundreds of thousands of new immigrants and the young enter the workforce at "poor" income levels. But the CBO study found that, with the exception of chronically poor families who have no breadwinner, low-income job holders are climbing the income ladder.
    The Poor Get Richer - WSJ.com

    4. Over half of the poor earning at or near the minimum wage are between the ages of 16 and 24. As Sowell wryly notes, “these individuals cannot remain from 16 to 24 years of age indefinitely, though that age category can of course continue indefinitely, providing many intellectuals with data to fit their preconceptions.”
    An Independent Mind by Daniel J. Mahoney, City Journal 18 June 2010


    Wise up, and stop gobbling up the Left-wing propaganda....Simp.
     
    • Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  7. PoliticalChic
    Online

    PoliticalChic Diamond Member

    Joined:
    Oct 6, 2008
    Messages:
    55,765
    Thanks Received:
    15,641
    Trophy Points:
    2,190
    Location:
    Brooklyn, NY
    Ratings:
    +24,936
    "I find it amusing how the top 1% has gotten the other 99% of Republicans to champion their cause..."
    Tox....you silly boy. All of us, who you choose to call Republicans, but are merely astute Americans, understand what you do not: every one of us has the opportunity to attain whatsoever level we work for.

    "I lived for about a decade, on and off, in France and later moved to the United States. Nobody in their right mind would give up the manifold sensual, aesthetic and gastronomic pleasures offered by French savoir-vivre for the unrelenting battlefield of American ambition were it not for one thing: possibility.

    You know possibility when you breathe it. For an immigrant, it lies in the ease of American identity and the boundlessness of American horizons after the narrower confines of European nationhood and the stifling attentions of the European nanny state, which has often made it more attractive not to work than to work. High French unemployment was never much of a mystery.
    Roger Cohen: One France is enough - The New York Times


    Coolidge gave the 'key:'
    "Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race."


    BTW...Coolidge was a Republican. And conservative.
     
    • Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  8. DiamondDave
    Offline

    DiamondDave Army Vet

    Joined:
    Jun 30, 2008
    Messages:
    18,169
    Thanks Received:
    2,812
    Trophy Points:
    183
    Location:
    MD, on the Potomac River
    Ratings:
    +2,816
    Refraining from demonizing the 'wealthy', supporting equal treatment by government under law, belief in personal responsibility instead of forced charity by government, etc is NOT "supporting the wealthy over your own middle class"

    What a fucking idiot
     
    • Thank You! Thank You! x 3
  9. eflatminor
    Offline

    eflatminor Classical Liberal

    Joined:
    May 24, 2011
    Messages:
    9,246
    Thanks Received:
    1,399
    Trophy Points:
    245
    Ratings:
    +2,053
    Maybe because nobody ever got a job from a poor person?

    Wealthy individuals are a byproduct of a free and prosperous society. Deal with it.
     
    • Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  10. PredFan
    Offline

    PredFan Gold Member

    Joined:
    Oct 13, 2011
    Messages:
    29,200
    Thanks Received:
    4,422
    Trophy Points:
    290
    Location:
    In Liberal minds, rent free.
    Ratings:
    +11,629
    So, you ask a question and before you get an answer, you begin the insults?

    You are making the mistake in assuming that supporting the top 1% automatically disses the middle clas. That is a common error that afflicts the left.

    Coward? Traitot? Harsh words there, can you back any of it up? Do you know what those words mean?

    What middle class? We aren't uniting against the rich. You must be talking about the OWS bunch. Listen, those people aren't the middle class pal. Middle class people have jobs and earn a living, that's what makes us the middle class.
     
    • Thank You! Thank You! x 1

Share This Page