Please Add The Word 'Breaking News' Next To Our 'Current Events' Forum Name!

DIRECTOR

Sep 16, 2014
Hollywood
Hi, admin! I really like it here but you haven't yet realised the importance of having a proper 'Breaking News' forum. My advice is to simply add the name next to the already-existing 'Current Affairs' forum so that it will then read as follows:-

[…]
• CURRENT AFFAIRS/BREAKING NEWS!
[…]

How would adding "Breaking News" to the name of the forum actually change anything?

It seems to me that "Breaking News" is, by definition, covered under the term Current Events.

Braking News!!!!

An extremely, extremely costly mistake

A parking attendant in Italy wrecked a $450,000 Ferrari while delivering it back to its owners a few blocks away, crashing the supercar into a storefront in Rome after accidentally pressing the accelerator instead of the brake.

Roberto Cinti was driving the Ferrari 599 GTO, one of the most powerful vehicles in the world, from a parking garage to the Hotel Exedra down the road when he lost control, according to local media.

“I was confused — instead of the brake, I pressed down on the accelerator,” Cinti told police on the scene, the Telegraph quoted a local newspaper as reporting.

Ferrari.jpg

Parking Attendant Totals Ferrari in Rome After Pressing Wrong Pedal

Oh...Breaking News...sorry, my fault...

Braking News!!!!

An extremely, extremely costly mistake

A parking attendant in Italy wrecked a $450,000 Ferrari while delivering it back to its owners a few blocks away, crashing the supercar into a storefront in Rome after accidentally pressing the accelerator instead of the brake.

Roberto Cinti was driving the Ferrari 599 GTO, one of the most powerful vehicles in the world, from a parking garage to the Hotel Exedra down the road when he lost control, according to local media.

“I was confused — instead of the brake, I pressed down on the accelerator,” Cinti told police on the scene, the Telegraph quoted a local newspaper as reporting.

View attachment 39074

Parking Attendant Totals Ferrari in Rome After Pressing Wrong Pedal

Oh...Breaking News...sorry, my fault...

There goes his paycheck until 2929.

^ See! You never can say what folks will post — ♪on-a-Breakedy-Breakeeedy-News-Fooooruuum!!!♪

^ See! You never can say what folks will post — ♪on-a-Breakedy-Breakeeedy-News-Fooooruuum!!!♪

No doubt our members are a creative lot.

But I still fail to see why you think have a "proper Breaking News forum" is so important.

What makes it so important to change teh name of the Current Events forum? Will people post more? They already use "Breaking News" in the titles of their posts.

Hi, admin! I really like it here but you haven't yet realised the importance of having a proper 'Breaking News' forum. My advice is to simply add the name next to the already-existing 'Current Affairs' forum so that it will then read as follows:-

[…]
• CURRENT AFFAIRS/BREAKING NEWS!
[…]

Ya because without that no one knows where to put such threads.

^^^ Thanks for posting that comment, sir! It's obvious that many people who find these places need as much of a user-friendly exprience as possible otherwise we'll lose them to who-knows-what.

My idea is simple and HIGHLY effective. The simple fact that folks will now actually start seeing the name 'Breaking News' next to 'Current Affairs' will be a visual stimulus to take more of an interest in this highly exciting category and start seeking Breaking News items FIRST before anyone else finds them on other boards. I love the administration on here and hope they'll give this idea the thought it deserves...

A "breaking News" forum will have the posting trolls and attention whores falling all over each other trying to be the first ones to post the story. Those that fail to be first will use a different headline or news source and post a new thread anyway.

Each topic will have 100 threads with 1 or 2 posts in each and the mods will have to merge them all. Every damn time.

No.

^ I actually think USMB is more inclined to listen to an old out-of-touch-with-what's-going-on-in-social-medialand than to a young man such as myself. I HOPE I am wrong, of course!

With what you said in mind, what could possibly be so wrong about having a seperate ("free-for-all"?!) Breaking News subforum, then?! Our moderators could leave it the heck alone IF it ever became as maniacal as you presume it would.

THINK. OF. THE. EPIC. INCREASE. IN. TRAFFIC. THAT. HAVING. A. BREAKING. NEWS. FORUM. WOULD. BRING. HERE!...

Last edited:
^ THAT is an insult to USMB and everyone who works hard to keep this website as good as it is.

Breaking News is STILL Breaking News no matter how many websites OR television stations carry the stories, fool. Why do you think CNN *always* puts-up the words 'BREAKING NEWS!' even when another channel aired it first??? It's because it's STILL Breaking News!

*sighs*

Forum List

Back