Plastic Surgery

Would you support laws limiting the application of plastic surgery? At what point does plastic surgery become deliberate disfigurement, and should doctors be held accountable for that? How, if at all, does the Hippocratic Oath apply?

We compare global attitudes about cosmetic*surgery | RocketNews24

"There are those that get a nip here and a tuck there and generally live their lives like normal, while some take cosmetic surgery to its inevitable limits, fashioning themselves to look like horrifying real-life Barbies or creepy lion people. Some cases of cosmetic surgery even backfire, horribly disfiguring people for life. So, while the “Hey, it’s a free country” crowd might not approve, many countries around the world are introducing laws restricting cosmetic surgery for the greater public health good."

When a person chooses to pay out of pocket for cosmetic surgery, that is their choice, and they should have the right to pay for any kind of cosmetic surgery that they want. If it makes them end up looking like some alien, what do I care?

Would you support laws limiting the application of plastic surgery?

No. We have enough government involvement. If it isn't stopped, we will soon be controlled completely and we know the government is already wanting completel control over all of us. Soon, we will have to have "papers" just to go into another state.

What if a person who is by all evaluation of sound mind decides he wants two noses? The doctor does a perfect job of giving him two noses. Should that be allowable?

I shouldn't have read that with coffee in my mouth!

Two noses? Two vaginas would be far more profitable. Or three or four. Think of the gold mine one would be sitting on with that on!

Would you support laws limiting the application of plastic surgery? At what point does plastic surgery become deliberate disfigurement, and should doctors be held accountable for that? How, if at all, does the Hippocratic Oath apply?

"There are those that get a nip here and a tuck there and generally live their lives like normal, while some take cosmetic surgery to its inevitable limits, fashioning themselves to look like horrifying real-life Barbies or creepy lion people. Some cases of cosmetic surgery even backfire, horribly disfiguring people for life. So, while the “Hey, it’s a free country” crowd might not approve, many countries around the world are introducing laws restricting cosmetic surgery for the greater public health good."

When a person chooses to pay out of pocket for cosmetic surgery, that is their choice, and they should have the right to pay for any kind of cosmetic surgery that they want. If it makes them end up looking like some alien, what do I care?

Who pays is another can of worms. What happens when a person runs out of money buying plastic surgery, then needs care for some serious medical illness. Should they be allowed to get Medicaid? Should Medicaid be required to pay for a disability created by elective plastic surgery?

Who pays is another can of worms. What happens when a person runs out of money buying plastic surgery, then needs care for some serious medical illness. Should they be allowed to get Medicaid? Should Medicaid be required to pay for a disability created by elective plastic surgery?

Good question!

Let it be...
I love the celebtity web sites that show all the stars who now look so fucked up after surgery...
I think Bruce Jenner will make that list now after his recent surgery.

Should the doctor who did that to him be held accountable in some way?

Of course not.

Why do we need to government telling everybody what they can and cannot do? Why can't we just look out for ourselves and look both ways before we cross the street?

The government will not always be there to save us from ourselves.

Forum List

Back