planting trees to remember the fallen

browsing deer

Silver Member
Jul 11, 2015
in the forrest
Israelis print Yarziet trees, better by a long a shot than a yarziet candle
Tu Bishvat comes early due to upcoming storm

"
Many children, teenagers and adults came to plant trees with us," said Eshta'ol area forester Itamar Dror. "It's heartwarming to see families planting trees together and children being exposed to messages of love for the land of Israel and environmental protection. In the coming years, we, the KKL foresters, will make sure to look after the young forest plot that was planted today until the trees set their roots into the ground and it becomes a strong and independent forest."

At the Lavi Forest, 300 bereaved families of IDF soldiers took part in an emotional ceremony, with the children planting trees to commemorate their fallen parents.

677219301001197490631no.jpg

Planting trees at Lavi Forest in memory of fallen soldiers (Photo: Ancho Gush, KKL)

"The best way to commemorate the dead is to sanctify life," said KKL director Danny Atar at the event. "This forest, which commemorates people who sacrificed their lives for the state, creates life through nature. I'm sure it will be filled with hikers, families and children who will enjoy it and in doing so will honor the memory of the fallen in the most beautiful way possible."

67721920991599640360no.jpg

Families that plant trees together, stay together (Photo: Ancho Gush,

personally, i do all my tree planting in memory of ropey...

Gloating over the deaths of innocent people is a tad different than silently expressing solidarity over those lost defending their country.

How about if we just let whatever moderator is on today deal with cleaning this up and go with that.

Israel.gif

Wonderful gesture. How about Israel also plants a tree for all the Pali supporters to thank them for sending their tax dollars to Israel while bitching about it?

Planting trees in memories of dear ones who lost their lives is a very known and blessed custom in Israel. Israel is the only place in the world, in which its religious calender states a special holiday, just for the trees. It's called Tu Bishvat, where all adults and children go planting trees instead of school and work. Tu Bishvat is celebrated this days, by the way

Tu Bishvat:

Tu BiShvat - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Planting trees in memories of dear ones who lost their lives is a very known and blessed custom in Israel. Israel is the only place in the world, in which its religious calender states a special holiday, just for the trees. It's called Tu Bishvat, where all adults and children go planting trees instead of school and work. Tu Bishvat is celebrated this days, by the way

Tu Bishvat:

A beautiful heartfelt custom.

Tu Bishvat:

My own family planted a tree in one of KKL's responsibility fields, in memory of one of our own. He wasn't a war victim, but I remember that since he was well respected, dozens of our family gathered in the forest to plant the tree. It's how we remember, sort of therapy, even.

Tu Bishvat:

My own family planted a tree in one of KKL's responsibility fields, in memory of one of our own. He wasn't a war victim, but I remember that since he was well respected, dozens of our family gathered in the forest to plant the tree. It's how we remember, sort of therapy, even.

But let us not forget the beautiful Palestinian custom of making martyrs out of their own children to honor Allah.

Forum List

Back