Pistol-packing woman, 85, forces intruder to call 911

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Shogun, Aug 20, 2008.

1. Shogun

Shogun Free: Mudholes Stomped

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,260
    POINT MARION, Pa. — An 85-year-old woman boldly went for her gun and busted a would-be burglar inside her home, then forced him to call police while she kept him in her sights, police said.

"I just walked right on past him to the bedroom and got my gun," Leda Smith said.

Smith heard someone break into her home Monday afternoon and grabbed the .22-caliber revolver she had been keeping by her bed since a neighbor's home was burglarized a few weeks ago.

"I said 'What are you doing in my house?' He just kept saying he didn't do it," Smith said.

After the 17-year-old boy called 911, Smith kept holding the gun on him until state police arrived at her home in Springhill Township, about 45 miles south of Pittsburgh.

The boy will be charged with attempted burglary and related offenses in juvenile court, Trooper Christian Lieberum said. He was not identified because of his age.

"It was exciting," Smith said. "I just hope I broke up the (burglary) ring because they have been hitting a lot of places around here."

Pistol-packing woman, 85, forces intruder to call 911 : Nation : The Rocky Mountain News

2. CA95380

CA95380 USMB Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +186
    Saw this on the news!!! :eusa_angel:

:clap2: Good for and from Granny :clap2:

3. strollingbones

strollingbones Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +31,870
    ahh the delights of gun ownership. i am so glad my father taught me the in and outs of guns.....etc. you go granny