Pie

alan1

Gold Member
Dec 13, 2008
Shoveling the ashes
“The truth is, in order to get things like universal health care and a revamped education system, then someone is going to have to give up a piece of their pie so that someone else can have more.” ~ Michelle Obama

I like pie.
But, somehow, I don't think it's necessary for me to take pie from somebody else in order for me to have more pie.
I also like education.
But, somehow, I don't think it's necessary for me to take education from somebody else in order for me to have more education.
I also like health care.
But, somehow, I don't think it's necessary for me to take health care from somebody else in order for me to have more health care.

Why don't people pay for their own pie? Why don't they bake their own pie? Why don't they get a pie mix? Why should I have to give out some of my pie? I worked for the money to buy the ingredients to make that pie. Why does the government think it can just sashay on in and take a piece of my pie? Instead of taking some of my pie maybe they should be looking at a way to make the pie more affordable so others can buy their own. BTW, I do make a damn fine pecan pie. ;)

Forum List

Back