Photos of Our Fallen -

Kevin Houston ... a fellow New Englander.

My thoughts and prayers go out to the family and friends of these heros. My you find some peace during these troubling times.

My God - some of these brave heroes look like kids. Robert Reeves had FOUR (4!!!!!!) Bronze Stars!!! Wow !

God bless them and their families - Robert Reeves - Photos of the Fallen: Americans shot down in Afghanistan - Pictures | WJLA.com

Agreed some look young. The experience level of the SEALs seems pretty high though. Most are old enough to have been in over 10 years.

My deepest condolences to their families.

The return of the remains won't be open to the media due to Pentagon policy regarding unidentified remains.

US bars media from covering return of 30 dead soldiers killed in Afganistan - The Times of India
"Due to the catastrophic nature of the crash, the remains of our fallen service members will be returned to the US via Dover AFB in unidentified status, until they can be positively identified by the Armed Forces Mortuary Affairs Office at Dover," another Pentagon spokesman, Navy Capt Jane Campbell said in a statement later.
"Because the remains are unidentified at this point, next-of-kin are not in a position to grant approval for media access to the dignified transfer," he said.
Therefore, in accordance with the policy of the Department of Defence, no media coverage of the arrival and dignified transfer is permitted, Campbell said.
"Families will however, be given the opportunity to be present for the arrival," he said.

My God - some of these brave heroes look like kids. Robert Reeves had FOUR (4!!!!!!) Bronze Stars!!! Wow !

God bless them and their families - Robert Reeves - Photos of the Fallen: Americans shot down in Afghanistan - Pictures | WJLA.com

Agreed some look young. The experience level of the SEALs seems pretty high though. Most are old enough to have been in over 10 years.

My deepest condolences to their families.

The return of the remains won't be open to the media due to Pentagon policy regarding unidentified remains.

US bars media from covering return of 30 dead soldiers killed in Afganistan - The Times of India
"Due to the catastrophic nature of the crash, the remains of our fallen service members will be returned to the US via Dover AFB in unidentified status, until they can be positively identified by the Armed Forces Mortuary Affairs Office at Dover," another Pentagon spokesman, Navy Capt Jane Campbell said in a statement later.
"Because the remains are unidentified at this point, next-of-kin are not in a position to grant approval for media access to the dignified transfer," he said.
Therefore, in accordance with the policy of the Department of Defence, no media coverage of the arrival and dignified transfer is permitted, Campbell said.
"Families will however, be given the opportunity to be present for the arrival," he said.

I think it would be OK for the media at Dover. They can be controlled there.
It's these hometown affiliates you can't control. Hell, they wander into churches, onto the yards of the families, etc. Completely uncontrollable.

And then of course you have those Westboro Baptist lunatics.

My brothers and sisters in the PGR are going to have a lot of missions.

Forum List

Back