Photo of George H.W. Bush's service dog mourning at his casket pulls the internet's heartstrings

The Purge

Platinum Member
Aug 16, 2018
A photo of George HW Bush's service dog lying downbeat besides the casket of his old master on Sunday has spread across social media, causing an outpouring of emotion.

Bush's son Jeb, Governor of Florida, retweeted the photo, with the simple words: "Sully has the watch."

Abigail Ogle, KOCO News anchor, tweeted: "Sully, the service dog of President George H.W. Bush, keeping watch over his best friend. Rest In Peace, 41. Good boy, Sully."

5c0501a098a66e407864bcb7-750-562.jpg

Just as an aside...the current occupant of the WH is the only occupant without a dog in a very very long time.
We still wonder what happened to the Clinton's dog once they didn't need the photo-op. Better to never have one than to abuse these loyal creatures.

Just as an aside...the current occupant of the WH is the only occupant without a dog in a very very long time.
We still wonder what happened to the Clinton's dog once they didn't need the photo-op. Better to never have one than to abuse these loyal creatures.
Clinton's still have dogs, so do all the other remaining presidents

It is Trump who is not a dogs best friend

A photo of George HW Bush's service dog lying downbeat besides the casket of his old master on Sunday has spread across social media, causing an outpouring of emotion.

Bush's son Jeb, Governor of Florida, retweeted the photo, with the simple words: "Sully has the watch."

Abigail Ogle, KOCO News anchor, tweeted: "Sully, the service dog of President George H.W. Bush, keeping watch over his best friend. Rest In Peace, 41. Good boy, Sully."

Touching photo

Dog don't care who you are. Unlike people.

I think more of my dogs than I do most people.

Trump doesn't have a dog. He's probably never had a dog. I would rather him not have a dog then have a dog that is ignored and not part of the family.

Obama had two dogs but someone else cared for them.

Not a good life for a dog.

Is the dog really mourning?
Does he know that Poppy is gone...for good?

They could have ironed the flag. Do you think the dog knows he's in there? Can he still smell him, even though he's all formaldehyded?

Forum List

Back