Photo editing software

Photoshop 11.0 from CS4. I generally shoot in RAW with my Nikon D300. I like how much you can manipulate type in Photoshop now without having to go to Illustrator. This was my Christmas card this year.

This is the shot as it came out of the camera.

Last edited:
What software gives ya most bang for your buck for a newbie? I have never attempted to edit photos but I need something to occupy my time to keep my head focused on rather than focusing on stuff I can't do anything about. It looks like fun to me but honestly, I have no idea where to start.

What software gives ya most bang for your buck for a newbie? I have never attempted to edit photos but I need something to occupy my time to keep my head focused on rather than focusing on stuff I can't do anything about. It looks like fun to me but honestly, I have no idea where to start.

Photoshop Elements is an inexpensive way to get started with Photoshop. It retails for just over 50 bucks compared to hundreds for the full sized Photoshop. You can do a great deal with Elements, you may find that you have no need for Photoshop 11.

I'd go with GIMP since it's totally free.

New Topics

Forum List

Back