Philippine's Duterte Says Hesitant About Israel Visit Because 'It's Expensive'

Darkman00

VIP Member
Aug 3, 2018
Funny guy ... often talking like a clown ... but I like him never the less :)

------

Philippine's Duterte Says Hesitant About Israel Visit Because 'It's Expensive'

Israeli sources deny the report, saying that the controversial president's September visit is going forward as planned

Noa Landau

Aug 24, 2018 1:14 PM

1.6411942.266420904.jpg

Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte gestures while addressing police force at Camp Crame in suburban Quezon city, Philippines, August 8, 2018. Bullit Marquez, AP
Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte said he is pondering whether he will go through with his upcoming trip to Israel because "it is expensive," the Philippine News Agency reported on Wednesday.

Israeli sources denied the report, saying preparations for Duterte's September visit are being carried out as planned.

In a speech on Tuesday, Duterte said he would send Philippine Environment Secretary Roy Cimatu to Israel, ahead of his own visit, to examine the situation of Filipino workers in the country.

"It is expensive. So I’ve been trying to figure out whether I go or not," Duterte was quoted as saying. "I’m going to Israel, why? Because it’s heating up. And there are 28,000 Filipinos there," he said in the same speech. Duterte added that he will also visit Jordan, which he said is home to 48,000 Filipinos.

Read more: Philippine's Duterte says hesitant about Israel visit because 'it's expensive'

Duterte to bring retiring military, police officers to Israel

Dharel Placido, ABS-CBN News

Posted at Aug 27 2018 12:37 PM

20180827_prrd.jpg

President Rodrigo Duterte speaks at the 12th anniversary of the Eastern Mindanao Command at Naval Station Felix Apolinario in Panacan, Davao City on August 23, 2018. Albert Alcain, Malacañang Photo

MANILA - President Rodrigo Duterte on Monday said he would bring retiring military and police officers on his historic trip to Israel this September.

Duterte will be in Israel on an official visit from September 2 to 5, making him the first Philippine president to set foot in the Jewish state since the two countries established ties in 1957.

“I would be going there with some retiring military and police officers. Marami kami (there are many of us), that is my gift to them for serving the country,” Duterte told reporters at the sidelines of the commemoration of National Heroes Day in Taguig City.

Read more: Duterte to bring retiring military, police officers to Israel

He's said that he's tired and would step down in a minute if he could find the right replacement.

Forum List

Back