Pew Poll: 6% of Scientists are Republicans

Last edited:
I wouldn't trust any scientist that claims a party or alignment, period.
How about a scientist who does have a party affiliation but knows that there is no room for politics in doing science?

Sorry, but science has shown that's not possible. ;)

Just curious, there's politics in science? I understand that there are those that push religious dogma as something real, but you can't blame that on scientists.

Bush Appointees Land Career Science Jobs With Seemingly Unrelated Backgrounds - washingtonpost.com

Web definitions for outlier -- a person who lives away from his place of work
wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn

I suspect scientists who rely on government grants claim to be independents.
Any granting agency doesn't give a damn about political affiliation in scientific proposals for fed grant monies. It would be quite bizarre for any affiliation to be even mentioned in any proposal.

Si modo,
I don't know how to respond to your post. I've written half a dozen proposals, all successful. Three were funded by the USDOJ, two by the California Dept of Corrections (Fed. Revenue Sharing) and one by a private foundation.
To be successful one must follow all the directions and read the 'politics' between the lines of the RFP (Request for Proposals). On one of my proposals, we were awarded the funds, but a couple of weeks later the Gov. of California sent his Chief of Staff to speak with me and our Chief. The Gov. had 'concerns'. Grants, much like everything in Sacramento or in The District are always political.

Si modo,
I don't know how to respond to your post. I've written half a dozen proposals, all successful. Three were funded by the USDOJ, two by the California Dept of Corrections (Fed. Revenue Sharing) and one by a private foundation.
To be successful one must follow all the directions and read the 'politics' between the lines of the RFP (Request for Proposals). On one of my proposals, we were awarded the funds, but a couple of weeks later the Gov. of California sent his Chief of Staff to speak with me and our Chief. The Gov. had 'concerns'. Grants, much like everything in Sacramento or in The District are always political.
Maybe we are speaking two different languages. I was talking about scientific proposals - NIH, NSF, DOE, DoD, etc.. DoJ proposals, unless involving forensics or something simlar along that line, do not ring true as falling into the scientific proposal category to me.

Last edited:
I'm not Mormon, and I am a Christian, although not a right wing fanatic. I would support Romeny over Palin without question. Palin would be my absolute last choice.

I'm not saying Christian = Far Right, I'm talking FAR RIGHT which happens to be a good % of the party.

It is no higher a percentage than the far left. Both sides have an equal amount of fringe elements. It just seems that way for many who chose a side rather than what is right or wrong. Partisanship is a complete waste of time and energy but makes the politicians very happy. Again, a divided America keeps us fighting each other rather than the political corruption. I would much rather join forces and clean up Washington but I guess I am in the minority on this board. We were once Americans first and I wish we could return to that.

There's a link...just google it.

So thats no to a credible link? Ok..so its opinion. Got it.
I don't think anything would be credible to you that would actually be a fact. I'm just not in the mood for your tripe....you do your own homework. :eusa_whistle:

Ah, the old...you look it up....thing. Funny stuff.

Usually they just say, go to google and look it up yourself when trying to prove a point that cant be proved.

Got ya.

So thats no to a credible link? Ok..so its opinion. Got it.
I don't think anything would be credible to you that would actually be a fact. I'm just not in the mood for your tripe....you do your own homework. :eusa_whistle:

Usually they just say, go to google and look it up yourself when trying to prove a point that cant be proved.

Got ya.

That's what "they" say, huh? Got ya....you lazy ass. :cuckoo:

Got ya.

So to recap, you cant prove it. Got ya.

Got ya.

Let me get this straight, when someone else makes a claim you demand links or call them a liar, when you make a claim and they ask for links you call them a liar. Hmm ... not a good attitude.

Let me get this straight, when someone else makes a claim you demand links or call them a liar, when you make a claim and they ask for links you call them a liar. Hmm ... not a good attitude.

for someone with over 19k posts, you are clueless. Seriously. Cant you even follow this one?

19k posts in a year? Wow. clueless with a lot of time on your hands it seems.

for someone with over 19k posts, you are clueless. Seriously. Cant you even follow this one?

Zona, you are the clueless one. Not only clueless, but a blooming idiot.

Anderson Cooper 360: Blog Archive - Obama losing independent voters « - Blogs from CNN.com
Tel-Chai Nation: Independents are leaving Obama
RealClearPolitics - Video - CNN Poll: 53% Of Independents Disapprove Of Obama
Poll Disaster For Obama
Major Factor In Obama's WaPo Poll Slide: Drop Among Dems, Liberals | 44 | washingtonpost.com
Poll: Democrats' Hard Left Agenda Is Driving Away Independents - Peter Roff (usnews.com)

I expect an apology to KK for your idiotic post about her. You can't really be this stupid...but, I'm guessing you really are.

Shhh...

Be nice to the old shut in.

Kitten, that is one hypocritical statement coming from you. How many links to sources have you provided me? And how many have I provided you?

Forum List

Back