Perhaps the First Black President?

I've been hearing a lot about him, though I don't know much about where he stands on anything. The Dems are really high on this guy. Thing is, he hasn't even been elected to office yet, so you never know where his political career might go from here. We might never hear the name again.

He is a great orator. His speech was magnificent. I think he is running unopposed for the vacated Illinois GOP-held Senate seat. If you didn't see it, I highly advise getting a copy of it on video somehow. The guy is absolutely electric.

TheOne said:
He is a great orator. His speech was magnificent. I think he is running unopposed for the vacated Illinois GOP-held Senate seat. If you didn't see it, I highly advise getting a copy of it on video somehow. The guy is absolutely electric.

Well he's running 'unopposed' basically because the GOP in IL have been so corrupt for so long, it caught up with them. Which now, things will have to change. Guess that will be good, because the Dems. in IL also offer few good people, though this guy is something. Before the flack with Jack Ryan started, I thought, "I may vote for Obama". He's smart and articulate. Throwing in those Cosby-like lines are going to go over big, though I doubt the delegates heard them, but us in Illinois DID.

I guarantee you that the first black or woman president will come from the republican party. That is the only way either a woman or a minority will be able to grab that "middle ground". Minorities will grab more and more power within the Democratic Party, but the first minority or female president will be elected as a Republican. I am willing to place a very large wager on this.

TheOne said:

I tape O'Reilly last night for the Michael Moore interview and set the time with plenty in front and plenty behind. I happened to catch his speech. I totally agree, he is a fantastic speaker. He has a Jesse Jackson-like ability to spark a crowd, the difference being he's actually saying something when he does it.

As long as this guy stays out of sex clubs and doesn't stain an interns dress, he's a star in the making.

Obama seems like a genuinely nice guy, even I was taken with is passion.

He couldn't be more wrong on some of the points he made, but yeah, I think this guy has a bright future in politics, shame he's a lib dem though, maybe he'll see the light eventually....

Gop guy said:
Obama seems like a genuinely nice guy, even I was taken with is passion.

He couldn't be more wrong on some of the points he made, but yeah, I think this guy has a bright future in politics, shame he's a lib dem though, maybe he'll see the light eventually....

Yeah Gop guy, I'm going to vote for him. So far the GOP hasn't found anyone to run.

Forum List

Back