Pentagon decides it won't screw over California Veterans.

The effort to collect reflected on the Obama administration's attitude toward the military, and therefore reflected on Hillary Clinton.

So the Bush/Cheney screw job of US military personnel perpetrated by them 10 years ago is being corrected by the Obama administration. Cleaning up the screw ups of Republicans seems to be a fulltime job for Democrats. The Pentagon should be forced to return the $20 million they have already gotten back and a blanket waiver for all these service personnel should be issued by the Pentagon.

The Secretary of Defense ordered the DOD to stop trying to make vets repay...

His decision comes in the wake of angry reaction from members of Congress who demanded he relieve the burden on the Guard members. And the White House said President Barack Obama has warned the Defense Department not to "nickel and dime" service members who were victims of fraud by overzealous recruiters.
Defense secretary: Don't seek repayment of National Guard enlistment bonuses

So the Bush/Cheney screw job of US military personnel perpetrated by them 10 years ago is being corrected by the Obama administration. Cleaning up the screw ups of Republicans seems to be a fulltime job for Democrats. The Pentagon should be forced to return the $20 million they have already gotten back and a blanket waiver for all these service personnel should be issued by the Pentagon.
Default blame Bush/Chaney rant. The problem is this isn't the previous administrations fault, that can be laid at the feet of the recruiters who lied, the current brass at the Pentagon, and SecDef who stupidly decided to go after the soldiers 10 years later, last but not lest the CINC for letting it happen. Buy the way who is the current CINC ?

Default blame Bush/Chaney rant. The problem is this isn't the previous administrations fault, that can be laid at the feet of the recruiters who lied, the current brass at the Pentagon, and SecDef who stupidly decided to go after the soldiers 10 years later, last but not lest the CINC for letting it happen. Buy the way who is the current CINC ?

It happened 10 years ago but Republicans don't let fact get in the way of a good lie so continue.

The Secretary of Defense ordered the DOD to stop trying to make vets repay...

His decision comes in the wake of angry reaction from members of Congress who demanded he relieve the burden on the Guard members. And the White House said President Barack Obama has warned the Defense Department not to "nickel and dime" service members who were victims of fraud by overzealous recruiters.
Defense secretary: Don't seek repayment of National Guard enlistment bonuses
Umm yeah that's what my OP was about. The only reason for the fake anger is because an election cycle is coming up. When it comes to Veterans affairs I don't trust either Democrats or Republicans.

The effort to collect reflected on the Obama administration's attitude toward the military, and therefore reflected on Hillary Clinton.
Oh really? You put this on the Obama administration?
Sorry but he is the CINC and his SecDef had to have originally approved the plan. 10 years after the fact and they decide to go after these soldiers wallets.You can't blame the previous administration.

I'd like to be a victimized by being handed a $15k check i didn't earn
Didn't earn ? How so these soldiers sighed a contract that included enlistment bonuses. They were sent to Iraq and I say they did earn it. You want to blame someone blame the recruiters for lying.

It happened 10 years ago but Republicans don't let fact get in the way of a good lie so continue.
Reporters here are finding out that members of Congress were told of this problem 2 years ago...and that the only reason CA (not the other states) found out is they did an audit due to some military members were embezzling money and got caught (now serving time).

Sorry but he is the CINC and his SecDef had to have originally approved the plan. 10 years after the fact and they decide to go after these soldiers wallets.You can't blame the previous administration.
Nope...that's not how it has gone down.....become informed: Thousands of California soldiers forced to repay enlistment bonuses a decade after going to war

Nope...that's not how it has gone down.....become informed: Thousands of California soldiers forced to repay enlistment bonuses a decade after going to war
Yeah that exactly the way it went down. If not for elections coming up the Pentagon wouldn't have been under pressure to stop and if you believe the Brass does anything without the SecDef knowing about it you don't understand how the military works.

I'd like to be a victimized by being handed a $15k check i didn't earn
Didn't earn ? How so these soldiers sighed a contract that included enlistment bonuses. They were sent to Iraq and I say they did earn it. You want to blame someone blame the recruiters for lying.
didn't say i blamed the soldiers that took the bonuses but they weren't entitled to them. they didn't meet the requirements. they took resources from ngb that others could have rightfully used.

why should they get to keep their unearned bonuses?

Forum List

Back