Pelosi Now Says Tax Talk Is Distraction

F
acing questions about why she and other top Congressional officials won’t release their tax returns, House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) downplayed her previous demands for presumptive GOP presidential nominee Mitt Romney to release his, calling the issue a distraction. As recently as Wednesday, Pelosi had strongly urged Romney to provide further disclosure of his tax returns. But today, while maintaining Romney should release more documents because of “custom” and “tradition,” Pelosi said the issue was trivial compared with economic issues. “We spent too much time on that. We should be talking about middle-income tax cuts,” Pelosi said after answering two questions about the issue.

I love it when democrats get their asses handed to them.

Nice to see the ex-speaker agreeing with the present speaker.
That's the sound of her ox getting gored.

• Banned
Pelosi says the tax thing is a distraction and now the Dems have pulled their attack ad on Ann Romney. Nothing seems to be working.

Notice how the forum was lit up yesterday with talk about Romney's tax returns and now today......nothing. They're so predictable. They do exactly what they are told.

The distraction is being created by those equating House and Senate races to the Presidential campaign. I thought y'all were better than that at reading between the lines. When Obama speaks about business they turn into flipping ghost writers!

The distraction is being created by those equating House and Senate races to the Presidential campaign. I thought y'all were better than that at reading between the lines. When Obama speaks about business they turn into flipping ghost writers!

When Obama speaks about business he sounds like a 10th grader.

Equating.....???

Methinks you should lay off the pot.

They won't release their own and now they are being called on it. When I say "they" I mean many on both sides.....Pelosi included.

So, now it is a distraction.

I think she was also hinting that the press should release theirs. Everybody is getting into the action.

I'll release mine !!!!

I'd be willing to bet old Nancy isn't the only dimocrat who wants tax talk, personal banking decisions, etc. to not be a general topic of campaign discussions as they know the finger can be pointed to them as well.

I'd be willing to bet old Nancy isn't the only dimocrat who wants tax talk, personal banking decisions, etc. to not be a general topic of campaign discussions as they know the finger can be pointed to them as well.

This is what Dems have done for years. Demonizing productive people to distract from their failed policies.

Forum List

Back