PEACE!: Smiles From Kim -- 'No More War'...

Dschrute3

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2016
Great day for peace. North & South have agreed to end the 65yr Korean War. My question now would be, is it time for us to finally end our occupation in South Korea? Is it time to come home? Personally, i fully support leaving South Korea. But what do you think?

With hug and handshakes, North Korea's smiling Kim lightens summit mood

By Heekyong Yang and Ju-min Park
ReutersApril 27, 2018
2018-04-27T124657Z_12_LYNXMPEE3Q079_RTROPTP_2_NORTHKOREA-SOUTHKOREA-SUMMIT.JPG.cf.jpg

SEOUL (Reuters) - The golden doors on the stately North Korean building swung open and leader Kim Jong Un, in a black Mao suit and surrounded by a gaggle of officials, descended steps towards the border.

Not since the 1950-53 Korean War had a North Korean leader set foot on South Korean soil.

With a smile, Kim stretched out his hand toward a waiting, and smiling, South Korean President Moon Jae-in, who stood between the squat, blue buildings that straddle the border at Panmunjom.

The village is one of the few places where there are no barbed wire fences or minefields between the two countries, separated by a conflict that ended with a truce, not a treaty, in 1953, meaning they are still technically at war...

DRUDGE REPORT 2018®

Last edited:
"I was excited to meet at this historic place and it is really moving that you came all the way to the demarcation line to greet me in person," Kim said as he grasped Moon's hand across the border.

"It was your big decision to make it here," said Moon, dressed in a dark suit and light blue tie, who invited Kim to step over the line in the pavement, which he did.

That's something Kim's grandfather, the North Korean regime's founding leader Kim Il Sung, or his father, Kim Jong Il, never did...

This is stunning, but I want to see something more definitive from Kim Jung Un like releasing all political prisoners immediately for example. Donald Trump deserves great praise for forcing Kim's hand. I have read about the problems with NKs nuclear program, but it was Trump's pressure that accelerated their program that lead to it's collapse, was it not?

This is stunning, but I want to see something more definitive from Kim Jung Un like releasing all political prisoners immediately for example. Donald Trump deserves great praise for forcing Kim's hand. I have read about the problems with NKs nuclear program, but it was Trump's pressure that accelerated their program that lead to it's collapse, was it not?
Its the chinese that are saying it collapsed. I started a thread about people saying that is bullshit. One group is part of an institute and they have been watching over nks program for almost a decade.
Who knows man

Well, let's not move the goal posts on this. It's a historic peace agreement. The war is over. Now we need to start planning our withdrawal from South Korea.

Its the chinese that are saying it collapsed. I started a thread about people saying that is bullshit. One group is part of an institute and they have been watching over nks program for almost a decade.
Who knows man

Regardless, the war is over. Time for us to come home.

Great news. North & South Korea have agreed to end the war. My question now would be, is it time for us to finally end our 70yr occupation in South Korea? Is it time to come home? Personally, i fully support leaving South Korea. But what do you think?

ReutersApril 27, 2018
2018-04-27T124657Z_12_LYNXMPEE3Q079_RTROPTP_2_NORTHKOREA-SOUTHKOREA-SUMMIT.JPG.cf.jpg

SEOUL (Reuters) - The golden doors on the stately North Korean building swung open and leader Kim Jong Un, in a black Mao suit and surrounded by a gaggle of officials, descended steps towards the border.

Not since the 1950-53 Korean War had a North Korean leader set foot on South Korean soil.

With a smile, Kim stretched out his hand toward a waiting, and smiling, South Korean President Moon Jae-in, who stood between the squat, blue buildings that straddle the border at Panmunjom.

The village is one of the few places where there are no barbed wire fences or minefields between the two countries, separated by a conflict that ended with a truce, not a treaty, in 1953, meaning they are still technically at war...

DRUDGE REPORT 2018®
Well, we could withdraw to Japan, where we already have military bases. If South Korea is sure North Korea won't nuke them or conventional bomb them, they would not need us right there. We are an ally of many countries without maintaining a big military presence, aren't we? I could see it working IF it is actually up to the Koreas. I kind of doubt it. I think in the end it is going to be what the US and China want that will matter.

Who knows man

Regardless, the war is over. Time for us to come home.
agreed! It probably wouldnt hurt to leave them for a bit after just to make sure. But if they withdrew immediately, i would be ok with it.

Great news. North & South Korea have agreed to end the war. My question now would be, is it time for us to finally end our 70yr occupation in South Korea? Is it time to come home? Personally, i fully support leaving South Korea. But what do you think?

ReutersApril 27, 2018

DRUDGE REPORT 2018®
Well, we could withdraw to Japan, where we already have military bases. If South Korea is sure North Korea won't nuke them or conventional bomb them, they would not need us right there. We are an ally of many countries without maintaining a big military presence, aren't we? I could see it working IF it is actually up to the Koreas. I kind of doubt it. I think in the end it is going to be what the US and China want that will matter.

The war is now over. We can come home. We don't really have any excuses anymore.

IMO, it will take an inspection of the facilities they've been using to make their rockets and test nuclear power.

The US never leaves and we won't leave now. For one thing, trump is pissed because he wanted to nuke something.

Good for north and south but the armistice is still in place.

If they actually sign and treaty, the two leaders should get the Nobel Peace Prize.

ReutersApril 27, 2018

DRUDGE REPORT 2018®

The war is now over. We can come home. We don't really have any excuses anymore.

No, the "war" is not over.

Not until the US and NK choose to end it.

IMO, it will take an inspection of the facilities they've been using to make their rockets and test nuclear power.

Well, that's moving the goal posts now. The most important thing is that the war is now over. South Korea has decided on peace with the North. That's good enough for me. We can leave now.

They didn't report his full statement. He added that the check was in the mail, and he promised to just put it in a little way.

ReutersApril 27, 2018

DRUDGE REPORT 2018®

You and I may agree on that, but unfortunately we are not running the world.

ReutersApril 27, 2018

DRUDGE REPORT 2018®

No, the "war" is not over.

Not until the US and NK choose to end it.

The war is officially over. The two sides have agreed. So the US can leave now. The only reason we were there, was because of the war. Time for withdrawal.

The US never leaves and we won't leave now. For one thing, trump is pissed because he wanted to nuke something.

Good for north and south but the armistice is still in place.

If they actually sign and treaty, the two leaders should get the Nobel Peace Prize.
Babbling toddler lost his pacifier

It's a wonderful day for peace. Folks should be happy. The Korean War is now officially over. It's a historic monumental achievement. :)

They didn't report his full statement. He added that the check was in the mail, and he promised to just put it in a little way.

Well regardless, the Korean War is now over. It really is a historic monumental achievement. It's a great day. :)

ReutersApril 27, 2018

DRUDGE REPORT 2018®

You and I may agree on that, but unfortunately we are not running the world.

I hear ya. But now the war has been officially ended. There is no more 'truce.' So our Government will have to dig pretty hard to come up with reasons to stay. We're only there because of the war.

Forum List

Back