Payrolls Down 36,000, Less Than Expected; Unemployment Remains at 9.7%- Reuters U.S.

Discussion in 'Economy' started by Neubarth, Mar 5, 2010.

1. Neubarth

Neubarth At the Ballpark July 30th

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +199
    Payrolls Down 36,000, Less Than Expected; Unemployment Remains at 9.7%- Reuters

U.S. employers cut a smaller than expected 36,000 jobs in February, leaving the unemployment rate unchanged at 9.7 percent, according to a government report on Friday which said it was unclear how severe weather had impacted payrolls.

* Stock futures rise after monthly jobs report- AP
    * Oil rises to near $81- AP
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

More lies from Washington. Total nonsense.

In a short while, Commie Pinko will come on here and say that only 36,000 jobs were lost in February, and he and all the fools who are going to lose their money in the stock market will finally get with the flow and start investing their mutual funds into a market that is going to collapse.

2. pinqy

pinqy Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,009
    Wrong. The seasonally adjusted preliminary change was somewhere between -135,435 and +63,435 with the official preliminary estimate being -36,000. That's not counting farm jobs, the self employed, or those who work in other people's houses. The unadjusted change was somewhere between -572,435 and -373,565 (all are at 90% confidence).

In other words, there's a 90% chance that the total number of non-farm jobs from companies contributing to UI went down somewhere between 572,435 and 373,565. But because jobs always tend to be lost in Jan-Feb, the actual trend was a change between -135,435 and +63,435 (again, 90% confidence).

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. Neubarth

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +199
    Well, Commie Pinko, you consistently support the party line no matter how little the rest of us have "confidence" in it.

4. pinqy

pinqy Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,009
    More childish name calling. All that proves is that you are in an untenable position and have no desire to discuss the issue as an honest man.

There's no "party" involved. BLS has no say in policy, they're not allowed to comment on policy, and who's President or who's in Congress has pretty much no effect. I know the statistics and their methodology. You clearly don't.

5. Neubarth

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +199
    Pinko, you are just a government shill and a poor one at that.

You do not know and never have known their "statistics and methodology."

If you did, you would know why the numbers have no relationship to reality. It is all so totally bogus as to be laughable to the point of tears. I personally think all of the people who are involved in this hideous corrupt deception to the American people should be tried for TREASON and then executed. Since you are just a poorly paid shill, I would expect that all you would get is a six to eight year prison sentence for all of the satanic evil that you have done.

6. driveby

driveby Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,325
    Only 36,000 ? This is GREAT news !!

7. Neubarth

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +199
    Yep, it would be GREAT NEWS if it were true. I would rejoice and sing praises to God for the miracle. Meanwhile 3,100,000 filed initial Unemployment Insurance claims in January 2010.

Does that look like the economy is improving?

8. Neubarth

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +199
    In other words, you are so totally fuggin confused that you do not have the slightest idea whether you need to shit or go blind.

9. driveby

driveby Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,325
    Sarcasm friend, even the people touting it as good news don't really think it's good news....

10. pinqy

pinqy Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,009
    And where do you think I sound confused? Just because you don't understand it (you've admitted you've never studied statistics or economics), doesn't mean I don't. If you're having difficulty understanding, let me know what you're having trouble with and I'll use smaller words.
    Feel free to check my math with the equations in Appendix A of Employment and Earninigs