Pats stole Offensive Signals also

"The Cheatingest Team of the Decade" continues to thumb its nose at Goodell, the Kraft lapdog.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=fish_mike&id=3387401

I despise the Patriots, but who cares? Does this mean Congress is going to blow some more tax dollars investigating the obvious?

I can't imagine that all teams aren't trying to decipher the other teams' signals. I'm not even sure I think it's wrong. Aren't signals used to try and get an edge to being with?

I despise the Patriots, but who cares? Does this mean Congress is going to blow some more tax dollars investigating the obvious?

I can't imagine that all teams aren't trying to decipher the other teams' signals. I'm not even sure I think it's wrong. Aren't signals used to try and get an edge to being with?

I think it's more of a moral issue. In baseball for instance, the batter is not supposed to look back and see what sign the catcher is giving, or where he positions himself for the pitch. There's no rule that says you can't, but don't expect friendly treatment from the opposition if you try it. That's of course why when a man is on 2nd, the pitch signals are mixed around and changed up.

Same thing with this issue. Maybe the use of a video recorder is what is making it seem over the top, but it's no different than if you used, say, binoculars. Signals are used with the understanding that they could possibly be figured out, and that's why when they're given, teams try to be as complicated with them as they can.

Many call "cheating" with this case, and to a CERTAIN extent it could be considered that...but I think a mountain is being made out of a mole hill at this point.

When Belicheck steals a playbook and then taps into the radio headset frequencies to get the calls, let me know.

I think it's more of a moral issue. In baseball for instance, the batter is not supposed to look back and see what sign the catcher is giving, or where he positions himself for the pitch. There's no rule that says you can't, but don't expect friendly treatment from the opposition if you try it. That's of course why when a man is on 2nd, the pitch signals are mixed around and changed up.

Same thing with this issue. Maybe the use of a video recorder is what is making it seem over the top, but it's no different than if you used, say, binoculars. Signals are used with the understanding that they could possibly be figured out, and that's why when they're given, teams try to be as complicated with them as they can.

Many call "cheating" with this case, and to a CERTAIN extent it could be considered that...but I think a mountain is being made out of a mole hill at this point.

When Belicheck steals a playbook and then taps into the radio headset frequencies to get the calls, let me know.

I'm just wondering if Congress is going to waste our tax dollars investigating this as they did steroids in baseball?

Morally questionable yes, but certainly not unheard of; especially, in professional sports with all the money that's blown in that arena.

http://www.810whb.com/scripts/archives/getStory.asp?article=16732

Those will be the buzz words in the coming days, as much of the agenda stems from the Patriots [team stats] and their illegal filming of the New York Jets [team stats]’ defensive signals in Week 1, an act that cost coach Bill Belichick $500,000 and the team $250,000 as well as a first-round draft pick.

Several weeks ago, Goodell, in a letter to the competition committee, proposed stronger enforcement procedures for next season, including a “whisteblower” provision that would protect anyone reporting illegal activity.

It is illegal. Belicheat knew it. He has denied even knowing Walsh, the former video guy. I bet he is going to wish he never heard his name after the tapes go public.

Forum List

Back