Parkland first responder: I was told to stand down, ‘I could have saved lives’

MindWars

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2016
Parkland First Responder: I was Told to Stand Down, ‘I could have saved lives’
A first responder to the Parkland school shooting claims he was told to stand down and not enter the building to recover victims, which he believes would have saved lives.

Speaking to a WSVN Miami News 7 reporter, an emergency medical responder who was one of the first at the scene, said law enforcement did not follow mass casualty event protocols.

Reporter Brian Entin published comments from the responder – who did not want to be identified for fear of reprisal – on Twitter Saturday.

View image on Twitter

https://twitter.com/BrianEntin/status/967462188888838144
Brian Entin

✔@BrianEntin

"Everything I was trained on mass casualty events says they did the wrong thing." I spoke with a seasoned emergency medical responder who was one of the first to the Stoneman shooting. He doesn't want me using his name for fear he will get fired. Here are his exact quotes. @wsvn

11:12 AM - Feb 24, 2018

“Everything I was trained on mass casualty events says they did the wrong thing. You don’t wait ...............
---------------------------------------

And this is the stuff the msm manages to leave out not post and most of the public is clueless to this information.
But when people have the courage to report this type of stuff it means now they have first hand experience at seeing what all the other incidents took place when they too thought stuff being said was fake, Now they see everything they thought was a conspiracy in the past we can bet they don't think it now.

We can probably expect someone with to much information to end up dead cause oh they committed suicide.

• Banned
I couldnt imagine becoming a Cop if I knew this was how they'd let shootings play out.
Contrary to liberal belief most Cops live for the chance to save lives.

or at least they use too, not sure about today their training has been changed drastically since Obama, they are not for " serve and protect" which legally they don't even have to show up at a scene". Eeeh it's a cluster fk of bs just like everything else Obama and Bush helped to destroy.

A first responder to the Parkland school shooting claims he was told to stand down and not enter the building to recover victims, which he believes would have saved lives.

Speaking to a WSVN Miami News 7 reporter, an emergency medical responder who was one of the first at the scene, said law enforcement did not follow mass casualty event protocols.

Reporter Brian Entin published comments from the responder – who did not want to be identified for fear of reprisal – on Twitter Saturday.

View image on Twitter

Brian Entin

✔@BrianEntin

"Everything I was trained on mass casualty events says they did the wrong thing." I spoke with a seasoned emergency medical responder who was one of the first to the Stoneman shooting. He doesn't want me using his name for fear he will get fired. Here are his exact quotes. @wsvn

“Everything I was trained on mass casualty events says they did the wrong thing. You don’t wait ...............

And this is the stuff the msm manages to leave out not post and most of the public is clueless to this information.
But when people have the courage to report this type of stuff it means now they have first hand experience at seeing what all the other incidents took place when they too thought stuff being said was fake, Now they see everything they thought was a conspiracy in the past we can bet they don't think it now.

We can probably expect someone with to much information to end up dead cause oh they committed suicide.
When I took Emergency First Aid training, they drummed it into our heads that we were to make sure FIRST that the scene was safe. The cops don't need MORE casualties with eager beavers running into the abyss.
This must have been really hard for the EMT's and them, but remember the cops had a 26 minute delay on their video feed and thought the shooter was still in the building. A big building with LOTS of rooms on three floors.
Oh, what more could have gone wrong here? It's awful. But blaming the sheriff's department is probably not the smartest thing to do.

Did folks grumble that the EMT's couldn't run into Pulse the instant they arrived? No? Why not? Because the gunman was still there, is why. Remember, the Sheriff's office thought the shooter was still in there.

Like Ohio Narcan, losing an EMT over an addict translates to an armored EMT vs an armored Cruz.

View image on Twitter

Brian Entin

✔@BrianEntin

When I took Emergency First Aid training, they drummed it into our heads that we were to make sure FIRST that the scene was safe. The cops don't need MORE casualties with eager beavers running into the abyss.
This must have been really hard for the EMT's and them, but remember the cops had a 26 minute delay on their video feed and thought the shooter was still in the building. A big building with LOTS of rooms on three floors.
Oh, what more could have gone wrong here? It's awful. But blaming the sheriff's department is probably not the smartest thing to do.

Did folks grumble that the EMT's couldn't run into Pulse the instant they arrived? No? Why not? Because the gunman was still there, is why. Remember, the Sheriff's office thought the shooter was still in there.

This is exactly the problem. No one is giving up their constitutional right to self defense when they know that cops do not have to assist them if they feel threatened. Fine. I will defend myself then. The gun control people do not understand how much this one incident solidifies gun owners' position. I will not limit myself to equal force unless the government guarantees that no criminal is stronger or quicker than me. I will not budge on the 2nd when cops are not required to risk their safety for me. It is crystal clear that, despite all the kumbaya, we are really each on his own.

ETA: First Aid training is really not equivalent to police protection, IMO.

If the guy had gone in there any way, what would have happened to him if anything if he had come out alive?

God bless you and him always!!!

Holly

View image on Twitter

Brian Entin

✔@BrianEntin

This is exactly the problem. No one is giving up their constitutional right to self defense when they know that cops do not have to assist them if they feel threatened. Fine. I will defend myself then. The gun control people do not understand how much this one incident solidifies gun owners' position. I will not limit myself to equal force unless the government guarantees that no criminal is stronger or quicker than me. I will not budge on the 2nd when cops are not required to risk their safety for me. It is crystal clear that, despite all the kumbaya, we are really each on his own.

MindWars' article was about EMTs' reaction, not cops.

Was it not by default that the EMT's training was trumped by police protocol concerning the armor? The teacher saw the armor first? How did Cruz get the armor?

Before Columbine, police were trained to secure the area and wait till swat team arrives.
the police approach changed that to "Enter now". Whoever is there with a gun, whether a school resource officer or the first patrol officer to arrive, someone should go after the shooter. I didnt know there was 4 police there doing nothing , thats messed up. Or EMTs? if so they shouldnt go in until secured.
Today there was a shot fired at a school in south of me. Its still being investigated.

View image on Twitter

Brian Entin

✔@BrianEntin

Please post direct link to channel 7 news report. No need to wade through testo-stero mega 9000 ads to get info.

Thank you in advance. :)

View image on Twitter

Brian Entin

✔@BrianEntin

MindWars' article was about EMTs' reaction, not cops.

I understood it to be blaming the sheriff's dept. Apologies. My error.

Forum List

Back