Paper or plastic?

Paper or plastic?

• Paper.

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Plastic.

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • I use one of those cloth sacks so I don't use either paper or plastic.

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • I never buy anything so it doesn't matter to me.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I buy no more than I can carry without dropping for each trip to the store.
Who needs a bag?

Well, it would be great if I could take the pack mule into the store, but there would be those messy cleanups on isle 12.:eusa_angel:

Hmmm, well you do mention sacks in your poll.

However, there is also the question of paper or plastic picnic ware. Now I use heavy duty paper plates rather than plastic plates, and plastic cups over paper ones for cold, except for hot coffee which I have in a paper cup. I use wood tooth picks and wood skewers over plastic ones.

Outside of picnics I have no use for them, cept the skewers for a lot of finger foods.

I have large garbage cans, about 55 gallon and 80(?) gallon cans. It disses me that I cannot find the ex large bags for the 80 gallon size. I see them used on road clean up a lot. I have asked COSTCO, and they are a no go.

NOTE: You can start a business serving your city, by selling a month's worth of plastic bags delivered to the homes like a newspaper. You could probably charge $20. dollars a house for 12 bags (3cans X 4 wks). You get all your ducks in a row for costs, building to work from, source of bags. Then go to your city council meeting and tell them you would like your city to be free of disease and flies, by selling bags to the community. They are going to like this idea because no one wants to be seen against getting RId of filth & diseases & flies. So they will probably bend over back wards to assist you with permits, etc. You can cut a deal with paper boys to make the deliveries.

Personally I would pay $20. for the bags to not have to scrub garbage cans, not have flies, and dirty smelly cans. I probably spend half that for clorox & ammonia to cleaners for the cans, and $5-10. to have them cleaned by the maid service.

Last edited:
I have purchased the reusable bags, with the grocery chain ads printed on each side, and they stay comfortably nested in the back of my gas guzzler as I request paper. Burn a tree for me.

Trued 'dat. I have a few of them, and always forget I have them... Plastic, usually.. Sometiomes a combination of paper/plastic if there's a lot of glass bottles.

For a couple decades I have been saving the plastic bags I get from the grocery store.

I store them in (what else?) 30 gal. plastic garbage bags. I have two stuffed to capacity and am started a third.

I don't really know how many that is, but my guess is thousands

One of these days they'll be collectibles.

For a couple decades I have been saving the plastic bags I get from the grocery store.

I store them in (what else?) 30 gal. plastic garbage bags. I have two stuffed to capacity and am started a third.

I don't really know how many that is, but my guess is thousands

One of these days they'll be collectibles.

Let us know when the episode of Hoarders you're on is going to air. :thup:

Paper
It is a HUUUGE lie that paper products are damaging the environment - huge lie.
In America, Canada and Europe...not one forest has been touched making paper since the 1980's with few exceptions.
Special trees that are grown like crops on huge tracts of land in North America and throughout Europe are what make paper - period.
EXCEPTION...if you buy a book/comic/etc. and it says "printed in China"...no guarantee that deforestation did not produce the product even if it says it didn't. China has been caught cheating on paper a bazillion times...and yet, thanks to corrupt certification processes - Chinese paper still gets the proper certification.

Moral of the story - Buy paper products produced in America/Canada/Europe

Do they even offer paper sacks at the groceries any more? they never ask me to choose like they used to.

I asked for paper at my local store once. It took them 5 minutes to find some.

I don't bother asking anymore.

That's how it is here. I have a couple of the reusable bags, they make great little totes for all kinds of stuff. Especially when you have a couple of kids forever carting stuff around. ;)

For actual groceries, it's usually plastic.

Forum List

Back