Palin's a good shot.

Did you see the clip of her shooting a running wolf from a moving airplane? I'm impressed.
Wow, such bravery.

I prefer hunting using my legs for transportation, but if she's anything like most Republicans...does she shoot doves released from boxes like Cheney?

i prefer hunting using a spear or my bare hands. that way the animal has a chance.

:)

Well I don't hunt. Never have never will. I was just stating she is a good shot. I have no problem with the airplane shootings to help speed up the thinning of the wolf packs.

Hell doesn't Australia use vechiles with gun mounts on their yearly killings of the kangaroo?

I got no beef with that.

Well I don't hunt. Never have never will. I was just stating she is a good shot. I have no problem with the airplane shootings to help speed up the thinning of the wolf packs.

Hell doesn't Australia use vechiles with gun mounts on their yearly killings of the kangaroo?

I got no beef with that.
Of course you don't.

I didn't realize Palin worked for some organization that thinned wolf packs. What's it called? I honestly thought she was just out pleasure hunting.

Thank goodness she was out of reach of that nasty wolf, she could have gotten rabies.

*shudder*

"I didn't realize Palin worked for some organization that thinned wolf packs. What's it called? I honestly thought she was just out pleasure hunting."

Seems to me they thin the wolf pack to protect Alaska's renewable sources of income. Moose and Caribou hunting.

Sounds good to me.

Wow, such bravery.

I prefer hunting using my legs for transportation, but if she's anything like most Republicans...does she shoot doves released from boxes like Cheney?

Anything like most Repiblican hunters? Give me a fucking break.

I got no beef with that.

We don't have yearly killings of kangaroos. What we do have is licensed shooters who are able to shoot kangaroos for human food production. We also have licensed shooters who are able to shoot a certain number of kangaroos in a given area for culling. That's it.

we Don't Have Yearly Killings Of Kangaroos. What We Do Have Is Licensed Shooters Who Are Able To Shoot Kangaroos For Human Food Production. We Also Have Licensed Shooters Who Are Able To Shoot A Certain Number Of Kangaroos In A Given Area For Culling. That's It.
you People Eat Kangaroos???

you People Eat Kangaroos???

Yes.

It's very low fat/cholesterol. But when you cook it you have to be a bit careful that you don't overcook it (it can get very tough because of the lack of fat I think) but also be careful not to undercook it either, probably about the time it takes for a medium rare steak is about right.

Are you familiar with mettwurst? There is a local company near me in a region which is very Deutsch which makes kangaroo mettwurst. They market it as "Stickaroo Mettwurst" .

Yes.

It's very low fat/cholesterol. But when you cook it you have to be a bit careful that you don't overcook it (it can get very tough because of the lack of fat I think) but also be careful not to undercook it either, probably about the time it takes for a medium rare steak is about right.

Are you familiar with mettwurst? There is a local company near me in a region which is very Deutsch which makes kangaroo mettwurst. They market it as "Stickaroo Mettwurst" .

:ack-1::eusa_sick:

Yes.

No, I never heard of it. Are you pulling my leg? I thought kangaroos kind had gotten to the point of being a pest, but if they're edible, how could that be possible?

No, I never heard of it. Are you pulling my leg? I thought kangaroos kind had gotten to the point of being a pest, but if they're edible, how could that be possible?

No, not pulling your leg, Google "stickaroo mettwurst" (might pay to log in to google.com.au and tick the radio button for Australia).

Kangaroos are interesting animals in how they adapt to conditions. When conditions are good (plenty of feed and water) they breed rapidly. When conditions are bad (no food, no water) the does become temporarily infertile. But sometimes the infertility takes a while to kick in. So when the numbers are too high and the animals are looking for food and water they will come in from the bush and enter inhabited areas to look for food and water. That's not good for them.

Up until about ten years or so ago kangaroos were shot and processed for dog food. We had the attitude that they were not fit for human consumption. Since aboriginals had been eating them for about 40 thousand years we were a bit slow on the uptake about them being fine for humans :D

There is a huge industry here now based on "bush tucker" and kangaroo meat is a part of it.

Forum List

Back