Palin: Keep on Honking; I'm Reloading

Sinatra

Feb 5, 2009
Well done brand new article describing the revitalized Palin phenomenon...

____

Colleen O’Connor: Palin: ‘Keep on honking; I’m reloading’

By Colleen O'Connor, SDNN

I told you so.

On July 6, I dubbed Sarah Palin’s resignation as Governor of Alaska, a “brilliant political move.”

Willie Brown, the former Mayor of San Francisco, was one of the few liberals who agreed.

Yes, it was about money, about going onto a larger stage than Alaska, and about keeping options open.

But, it was also about pending traditional insider politics and the mainstream media that covers them. Thus far, Palin, once considered a sideshow in American politics, is drawing a more devoted constituency than the three-ring circus in Washington, D.C.

Interest in her is so high that a fan recently paid $63,500 to have dinner with her, part of an Internet auction for a charity that aids wounded veterans.

Initial Findings:

Palin is a bigger ratings magnet now than before she resigned. Look at the various political websites. Whether it is to ridicule, revile, or admire her, no major outlet is without its attempted coverage of her.

She has successfully banned the main stream media from her events and pushes past them with tweets, Twitter and Facebook entries. Who can forget the “death panel” phrase that knee-capped the current health care bills? Talk about a reduced carbon footprint.

Heavy countable Palin “clicks” on the Internet sell ads — as do mentions of her name in newspapers and on TV — both old line media with declining audiences.

What fun that must be for the media — counting on one’s nemesis to save you.

Palin is Bankable
Why so much attention to a “has been” Governor?

Because Palin is that commodity that is so lacking in this economy. She is bankable.

Or as Michael Falcone wrote on POLITICO, she remains the “hottest brand name in politics.”

Currently, there are five different Palin action figure dolls. Her asking fee per speech competes with former heads of state. And her book is due out Nov. 17 – months earlier than previously estimated, and just in time for the heavy holiday book buying season. (Sorry eBook fans. That feature will be delayed until Dec. 26).

About that book

The initial book run is 1.5 million copies — enviable for any author. The reputed advance is $7 million, and it is already #1 on the Amazon bestseller list.

The title: “Going Rogue: An American Life.” Already the sneak previews have begun.

Of local interest, Palin spent several weeks in San Diego working on the manuscript with her collaborator, Lynn Vincent.

Palin is almost without peer in the oxygen starved Republican Party. Granted that former Arkansas Governor, Mike Huckabee, outpolled her in the conservative “straw poll” recently, and that former Massachusetts Governor, Mitt Romney has logged more TV face time, but Palin still fascinates in ways few comprehend.

http://www.sdnn.com/sandiego/2009-10-01/lifestyle/colleen-oconnor-palin-keep-on-honking-im-reloading

Well done brand new article describing the revitalized Palin phenomenon...

____

By Colleen O'Connor, SDNN

I told you so.

On July 6, I dubbed Sarah Palin’s resignation as Governor of Alaska, a “brilliant political move.”

Willie Brown, the former Mayor of San Francisco, was one of the few liberals who agreed.

Yes, it was about money, about going onto a larger stage than Alaska, and about keeping options open.

But, it was also about pending traditional insider politics and the mainstream media that covers them. Thus far, Palin, once considered a sideshow in American politics, is drawing a more devoted constituency than the three-ring circus in Washington, D.C.

Interest in her is so high that a fan recently paid $63,500 to have dinner with her, part of an Internet auction for a charity that aids wounded veterans.

Initial Findings:

Palin is a bigger ratings magnet now than before she resigned. Look at the various political websites. Whether it is to ridicule, revile, or admire her, no major outlet is without its attempted coverage of her.

She has successfully banned the main stream media from her events and pushes past them with tweets, Twitter and Facebook entries. Who can forget the “death panel” phrase that knee-capped the current health care bills? Talk about a reduced carbon footprint.

Heavy countable Palin “clicks” on the Internet sell ads — as do mentions of her name in newspapers and on TV — both old line media with declining audiences.

What fun that must be for the media — counting on one’s nemesis to save you.

Palin is Bankable
Why so much attention to a “has been” Governor?

Because Palin is that commodity that is so lacking in this economy. She is bankable.

Or as Michael Falcone wrote on POLITICO, she remains the “hottest brand name in politics.”

Currently, there are five different Palin action figure dolls. Her asking fee per speech competes with former heads of state. And her book is due out Nov. 17 – months earlier than previously estimated, and just in time for the heavy holiday book buying season. (Sorry eBook fans. That feature will be delayed until Dec. 26).

About that book

The initial book run is 1.5 million copies — enviable for any author. The reputed advance is $7 million, and it is already #1 on the Amazon bestseller list.

The title: “Going Rogue: An American Life.” Already the sneak previews have begun.

Of local interest, Palin spent several weeks in San Diego working on the manuscript with her collaborator, Lynn Vincent.

Palin is almost without peer in the oxygen starved Republican Party. Granted that former Arkansas Governor, Mike Huckabee, outpolled her in the conservative “straw poll” recently, and that former Massachusetts Governor, Mitt Romney has logged more TV face time, but Palin still fascinates in ways few comprehend.

Palins book is already a bestseller, word is its the fastest selling book in history, for non-fiction. I just heard that on the radio so I am not sure how accurate it is, i am going to pre-order three.

Go Sarah!

Your party needs you......Please

Sarah Palin .....republican candidate for 2012

Palins book is already a bestseller, word is its the fastest selling book in history, for non-fiction. I just heard that on the radio so I am not sure how accurate it is, i am going to pre-order three.

I heard that as well - but factually uncomfirmed.

It is proving to be a HUGE success though - and the book tour is going to be an incredible success as well.

The article within this thread makes it clear that Palin enjoys the most ardent support within Conservative America at this time. What that support will develop into - who knows? What is known is that Sarah Palin is a force within America's political landscape.

That fact is inciting fear and outrage from the left, and more than a bit of jealousy from certain figures in the Republican good old boy network...

Updated:

Palin remains at #1 on Amazon...

1. 3 days in the top 100
Going Rogue: An American Life
by Sarah Palin
$28.99 $15.65

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/books-used-books-textbooks/b/ref=sa_menu_bo0?ie=UTF8&node=283155&pf_rd_p=328655101&pf_rd_s=left-nav-1&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_i=507846&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=0WTKY19EH2EHW9Y2D0CQ]Amazon.com Books: New & used books,textbooks,children's books,biographies & more[/ame]

Palin is #1.

Beck is at #2.

Oh the tide of change is upon us!!!!!!!!

tide.JPG

Forum List

Back