Palestinians used Bible as toilet paper

Discussion in 'Religion and Ethics' started by freeandfun1, May 18, 2005.

1. freeandfun1

freeandfun1 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +296
    I'd like to see Arabian's comment on this...

Muslims' desecration of holy book received little notice

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. no1tovote4

no1tovote4 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +616
    Oh Oh! Does this mean the Christians are going to riot and kill more Christians? Do I need to find cover?

3. Bonnie

Bonnie Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +669
    There was none then and none since. That was back when the Palestinians took over the Chruch of the Holy Nativity back in 2002. They also desecrated statues, drank the church wine, tried to extort money..........

What Happened at the Church of the Nativity in April 2002?

Church

http://www.palestinefacts.org/pf_1991to_now_church_nativity_2002.php

4. theim

theim Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +234
    Can you imagine if bunch of Crhistians seized Mecca? MY God, they would probly, literally tear themselves apart.

5. 5stringJeff

5stringJeff Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +540
    There would probably be a very literal battle for the city.

6. Bonnie

Bonnie Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +669
    I sure wouldn't want to be those christians. :terror:

7. archangel

archangel Guest

Ratings:
    +0

Could'nt be any worse than being fed to the lions in Rome...then again with my luck I would get the lion with bad teeth...man that would hurt! :eek2:

8. 007

007 Charter Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,785
    Maybe we ought to do that. Then when we have all of them in one place, nuke the bastards 'till they glow. Problem solved.

9. Adam's Apple

Adam's Apple Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +447
    There are so many threads going on about Newsweek that I didn't know where to stick this particular article. It deals with holding both Newsweek and the terrorists responsible, and also mentions the difference in how Christians and Muslims react in situations such as this, with references to the Palestinians using the Bible for toilet paper and the Saudis shredding the Bible. Instead of starting a new thread, I will stick it here since it does have some connection with your topic.

Assigning Blame Where Blame Is Due
    By Frank Salvato for www.americandaily.com
    5/20/05

Since my piece on Newsweek’s Quran desecration story, some have suggested that perhaps Newsweek isn’t totally to blame for the violent response in the Middle East. For the record, the opinion I expressed in “The Toilets in Cuba Aren’t Better Than Ours” was written to address Newsweek’s actions. The fact is I agree that there were other causes of the uprisings in Afghanistan and elsewhere in the land of over-the-top reactions.

Those who are trying to piggy-back the blame for the murderous and reactionary protests sparked by the Newsweek story onto the minor abuses at Abu Ghraib are guilty of the most disingenuous and appalling rewrite of recent history that media activism has ever concocted. A slaying at the hand of a fanatic is an atrocity. Humiliating incarcerated terrorists in an effort to gain information to prevent the deaths of innocents is not.

How an unvetted story published by a mainstream media source suddenly becomes anyone else’s fault but that of the reporters, their editors and the publication that employs them is astounding. Webster’s American Dictionary should start to use – officially – the descriptors “arrogance” and “repugnant” when defining the term “mainstream media.”

There is absolutely no responsibility employed by those who practice media activism. There is no responsibility employed by those in journalism who are lazy in the execution of their jobs, either. Activist journalists who take at face value unsubstantiated evidence because it favors their agenda risk catastrophic consequences. Whether they are hi-jacking public opinion through deception or contributing to the murders of innocents through incompetent reporting, a major portion of the blame rests with the mainstream media.

As negligent as Newsweek and its parent company The Washington Post were in publishing their unsubstantiated rumors, they can only be ascribed with part of the blame. An equal if not larger part of the blame for the 16 deaths and hundreds of injured should be assigned to the people who actually did the killing and the rioting.

http://www.americandaily.com/article/7827