Palestinian PM to quit, paving way for Fatah-Hamas government

P F Tinmore

Diamond Member
Dec 6, 2009
Palestinian Prime Minister Salam Fayyad will resign in the coming weeks to enable the formation of a Fatah-Hamas unity government. He will apparently be replaced by a Palestinian businessman who is politically unaffiliated and would be acceptable to the West as well as to Hamas and Fatah.

The new premier will head a government of technocrats whose writ will cover both the West Bank and the Gaza Strip.

On Tuesday, senior Palestinian sources told Haaretz that over the past few days, a breakthrough occurred in the Egyptian-brokered talks to set up a unity government. Next Friday, Palestinian Authority President and Fatah leader Mahmoud Abbas will meet in Cairo with the head of Hamas' political bureau, Khaled Meshal, in an effort to finalize the deal.

Palestinian PM to quit, paving way for Fatah-Hamas government - Haaretz Daily Newspaper | Israel News

Palestinian Prime Minister Salam Fayyad will resign in the coming weeks to enable the formation of a Fatah-Hamas unity government. He will apparently be replaced by a Palestinian businessman who is politically unaffiliated and would be acceptable to the West as well as to Hamas and Fatah.

The new premier will head a government of technocrats whose writ will cover both the West Bank and the Gaza Strip.

On Tuesday, senior Palestinian sources told Haaretz that over the past few days, a breakthrough occurred in the Egyptian-brokered talks to set up a unity government. Next Friday, Palestinian Authority President and Fatah leader Mahmoud Abbas will meet in Cairo with the head of Hamas' political bureau, Khaled Meshal, in an effort to finalize the deal.

Palestinian PM to quit, paving way for Fatah-Hamas government - Haaretz Daily Newspaper | Israel News

Former PLO Leader Zuheir Mohsen...
The Palestinian people does not exist. The creation of a Palestinian state is only a means for continuing our struggle against the state of Israel for our Arab unity. In reality today there is no difference between Jordanians, Palestinians, Syrians and Lebanese. Only for political and tactical reasons do we speak today about the existence of a Palestinian people, since Arab national interests demand that we posit the existence of a distinct Palestinian people to oppose Zionism.
Zuheir Mohsen - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Shaykh Prof. Abdul Hadi Palazzi, Italian Muslim Assembly
I live in Rome and I am a clergyman (Imam) of the Italian Islamic Community. I consider myself a good friend of Israel and am trying my best to help Moslems free themselves from anti-Zionism and to develop a positive attitude toward Jews in general and towards Israelis in particular.

I believe that "Palestinian identity" is something completely artificial: it was forged as a propagandistic tool against Israel. The strange fact is that, at least here in Europe, I have never heard an Arab from the Land of Israel ("Palestine") say: "I am Palestinian."

Please remember that the so-called hero of "Palestinian independence," the pro-Nazi Grand Mufti of British Mandate Palestine, Haj Amin al-Husseini, never claimed that "Palestinians" are to be an independent people: all of his official declarations state that "Palestine must be recognized as a integral part of Syria."

ISRAEL SHOULD DECLARE OSLO NULL AND VOID (Prof. Abdul Hadi Palazzi August, 1998

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsJjm5K07V0]Who are the Palestinians? - YouTube[/ame]

Forum List

Back