Palestinian civilians clash with foreign troops

HEBRON, West Bank – A crowd of Palestinian youths pelted Israeli soldiers with stones and empty bottles on Monday, drawing tear gas and stun grenades in the most serious violence to rock this volatile West Bank city in months.

Israeli soldiers clash with Palestinian protesters - Yahoo! News

Wasn't volatile until Muslims invaded and massacred and desecrated Judea and Samaria in the 7th century.

so the romans get a pass, cable guy?

HEBRON, West Bank – A crowd of Palestinian youths pelted Israeli soldiers with stones and empty bottles on Monday, drawing tear gas and stun grenades in the most serious violence to rock this volatile West Bank city in months.

Wasn't volatile until Muslims invaded and massacred and desecrated Judea and Samaria in the 7th century.

Romans are no longer relevant, chat room moderator loser. Muslims have been continuing and accelerating their persecution of Jews and Christians since Muhammad, the original Islamo terrorist croaked.

If they are attacking troops they are not civilians.

Romans are no longer relevant, chat room moderator loser. Muslims have been continuing and accelerating their persecution of Jews and Christians since Muhammad, the original Islamo terrorist croaked.

i'll take that for a yes.

do your friends enjoy hanging out with a bigot?

In fact, Hebron, the scene of the current demonstrations, was relatively peaceful until the Arab riots of 1929 resulted in the massacre of the Jewish community there that dated back to biblical times. The riots that produced this massacre and others in Safed, Motza, Kfar Uria, Jerusalem and Tel Aviv were set off by false rumors promulgated by Arab political leaders and Muslim clerics that Jews were attacking the al-Aksa mosque and killing Arabs in the process.

In 2000, false rumors that al-Aksa was again under attack were used by Arab political and religious leaders to set off another series of riots, some call the second intifada, and this resulted in many more massacres of Jews. Now Hamas and other radical Arab political and religious leaders are trying to use false rumors that Israel is about to annex West Bank religious sites to set off another round of riots. Was ever any people so ill served by their political and religious leaders as these Arabs who live in the disputed territories?

In fact, Hebron, the scene of the current demonstrations, was relatively peaceful until the Arab riots of 1929 resulted in the massacre of the Jewish community there that dated back to biblical times. The riots that produced this massacre and others in Safed, Motza, Kfar Uria, Jerusalem and Tel Aviv were set off by false rumors promulgated by Arab political leaders and Muslim clerics that Jews were attacking the al-Aksa mosque and killing Arabs in the process.

In 2000, false rumors that al-Aksa was again under attack were used by Arab political and religious leaders to set off another series of riots, some call the second intifada, and this resulted in many more massacres of Jews. Now Hamas and other radical Arab political and religious leaders are trying to use false rumors that Israel is about to annex West Bank religious sites to set off another round of riots. Was ever any people so ill served by their political and religious leaders as these Arabs who live in the disputed territories?

"In fact, Hebron, the scene of the current demonstrations, was relatively peaceful until the Arab riots of 1929 resulted in the massacre of the Jewish community there that dated back to biblical times."

Muslims and Jews lived there for hundreds of years. Why did they wait so long to attack?

If they are attacking troops they are not civilians.

Why do you assume that the civilians attacked the troops? If the troops did not intend to attack the civilians couldn't they have just stayed home?

"In fact, Hebron, the scene of the current demonstrations, was relatively peaceful until the Arab riots of 1929 resulted in the massacre of the Jewish community there that dated back to biblical times."

Muslims and Jews lived there for hundreds of years. Why did they wait so long to attack?

The question has two parts: why was Hebron relatively peaceful for so long and why did violence flare in the late 1920's?

Since the destruction of the second Temple, the area had almost continuously been governed by foreign powers that would not have tolerated even a flicker of nationalist aspirations by either the Arabs, or their predecessors, or the Jews, so both being powerless, neither feared the other and they lived together in peace.

After WWI, the League of Nations validated ancient and enduring Jewish nationalist aspirations towards a homeland in what is now Israel and the disputed territories by instructing the British in the Mandate to help the Jews establish such a homeland. Wealthy Arab families in what is now Israel and the disputed territories saw the British and French carving out kingdoms for other wealthy and powerful Arab families and clans in Saudi Arabia, Iraq, Syria and soon Jordan, and that led them to aspire to a kingdom of their own west of the Jordan River, but the general Arab population did not share the nationalist aspirations of these few wealthy families, so in order to arouse the general population and to unite them in a cause that might lead to an Arab state these families might rule over, they spread false rumors to incite them against the Jews.

The first false rumor was that land these same wealthy families and some others had sold to Jewish organizations, much of which had been worked for generations by Arab tenant farmers, had been stolen by the Jews, and the second false rumor was that the Jews were attacking Muslim holy places. In effect they were told by their political and religious leaders that their land, their livelihoods and their religion were being stolen from them by the Jews, and to the illiterate Arab population that had no sources of information other than the words of their religious and political leaders these rumors were so terrifying that almost overnight Jewish shopkeepers and trades people, tenants and landlords, with whom they had lived at peace for centuries became in their eyes the hated Jews who were stealing their land, their livelihoods and their religion, and Arab mobs, but not all Arabs, beat and hacked their Jewish neighbors to death.

i'll take that for a yes.

do your friends enjoy hanging out with a bigot?

Do your friends enjoy hanging out with a chat room monitor? Heh heh

In my short time here, I have come to the conclusion Marc39 is a fanatic, and there is no sense debating fanatics as they can never see the other side of an argument, thier paranoia would prevent them from any type of change

In my short time here, I have come to the conclusion Marc39 is a fanatic, and there is no sense debating fanatics as they can never see the other side of an argument, thier paranoia would prevent them from any type of change

Yeah, but it is fun to rattle his cage.

Translation: You are unable to factually refute me, dopey.

Yeah, but it is fun to rattle his cage.

Translation: You are an ignorant moron who doesn't like being made a fool of.

The problem is that your side is extremely stupid.

Maybe we should start calling names. Would that bring us up to board standard?

Maybe we should start calling names. Would that bring us up to board standard?

Maybe, you will actually be informed on Middle East affairs so you don't embarrass yourself.

You're the forum dunce.

Translation: You are unable to factually refute me, dopey.
Ýou are unable to accept facts, so whats the point, cock breath?

Forum List

Back