PA Torture/Murder Case: 6 Charged

Missourian

Diamond Member
Aug 30, 2008
Missouri
Police have charged six people in the death of a woman whose horrifically tortured body was found in a garbage container in a school parking lot in Pennsylvania.

Police say Jennifer Daugherty was stabbed repeatedly in a second-floor Greensburg apartment where some of the suspects live. Her age and address weren't available; she had been missing since Monday.

Police say that Daugherty was beaten, that her face was painted with nail polish and that she was fed vegetable oil, spices, detergent, urine and medications. Her head was shaved and she was bound with Christmas decorations and clothing.

They say she was forced to write a suicide note.

Her body was found Thursday at Greensburg Salem Middle School, about 30 miles east of Pittsburgh.

FOX News - U.S. - U.S. - Police Charge 6 in Torture Death of Woman in Pa. - Page 1 of 1

Police have charged six people in the death of a woman whose horrifically tortured body was found in a garbage container in a school parking lot in Pennsylvania.

Police say Jennifer Daugherty was stabbed repeatedly in a second-floor Greensburg apartment where some of the suspects live. Her age and address weren't available; she had been missing since Monday.

Police say that Daugherty was beaten, that her face was painted with nail polish and that she was fed vegetable oil, spices, detergent, urine and medications. Her head was shaved and she was bound with Christmas decorations and clothing.

They say she was forced to write a suicide note.

Her body was found Thursday at Greensburg Salem Middle School, about 30 miles east of Pittsburgh.

FOX News - U.S. - U.S. - Police Charge 6 in Torture Death of Woman in Pa. - Page 1 of 1

Another reason we need gun control.

I just read about the conviction of another woman in a different case of torture and murder of a mentally challenged woman by five people last week.

This is beyond depraved...I'm at a loss for words to describe my feelings...what the hell is wrong with people who would do such a thing?!?

I just read about the conviction of another woman in a different case of torture and murder of a mentally challenged woman by five people last week.

This is beyond depraved...I'm at a loss for words to describe my feelings...what the hell is wrong with people who would do such a thing?!?

That's the thing, they aren't people. They're monsters pretending to be human beings. To be human requires some humanity in you.

That's the thing, they aren't people. They're monsters pretending to be human beings. To be human requires some humanity in you.

Monsters like this are why I'm pro death penalty.

Death penalty. For fuck's sake, she was mentally disabled. I'd carry out the sentence myself.

image6202068x.jpg

These are the ones charged.

This is the young woman they tortured and murdered:

image6202063x.jpg

The same thing was done to my nephew. Hope they never see the light of day

Another reason we need gun control.

HUH? What does this have to do with gun control?

This young woman would not have qualified to have a gun, or probably would not have been able to handle one or defend herself with one had she had a gun.

As for the circumstances that lead to her death, people with disabilities are four times more likely to be attacked, robbed, raped, assaulted, and generally taken advantage of than those in the so-called normal population......

This is a situation that disabled people live with, know about, and cannot do much about! In many situations, when they do make reports to the police, they are not taken seriously.

When they try to fight for access, to have lives as normal as possible, to have jobs, to "get a life," they are often treated badly. If they complain about access to restaurants, public services, buses, and other things they are treated foully, denigrated for even asking, and told they need to just stay "wherever," because they oughtn't make things difficult for others, and for many, they are accused of being leeches on the public that ought not to have to be bothered with them!

Miss Daugherty's death is extreme, but not surprising.... She was an easy victim for predators that somehow got the idea that a disabled person was less valuable than others....

I would bet money she died totally not understanding why those she thought "friends" were hurting her so, and as they killed her THEY WERE SURPRISED that she felt anything at all.

As for the disabled among us, it was just three days ago that something on USMB called "Misty" was having a shit hissy over the thought that adoptive/foster children with disabilities would be covered by SSI payments! People like that are part of a continuum of increasingly rotten behavior that allows some out there to commit these sorts of crimes.

A society/culture is judged by how they care for the well-being of those least able to care for themselves.

Woman jailed 45 years in torture killing

Sat, 06 Feb, 12:10 PM

A US judge has sentenced a woman to 45 years in prison for the torture slaying of a pregnant, develop mentally impaired mother, saying the beatings, scalds and gunshot wounds she suffered were beyond anything anyone should have to endure.

Madison County Circuit Judge Charles Romani Jr was not swayed by convict Michelle Riley's expressions of remorse for the January 2008 death of 29-year-old Dorothy Dixon.

What Riley and her cohorts inflicted on Dixon, who was five or six months pregnant when she died, "was brutal and heinous to say the least", he said.

READ MORE

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/mobile/w...=2045&_s=a2fc4b91-f0d0-44e6-8696-0e18c931c576

--------------------------------------

Here is the article I read last week.

Tragically similar stories.

She was pregnant? Are you kidding me? What an embarrassment of a justice system Pennsylvania must have to forgo sentencing each of the perpetrators to death. A disabled, pregnant woman was tortured to death out of pure malice and sadism. Has the Western notion of "justice" become so malformed that America is unable to apply capital punishment when it is so obviously necessary?

Forum List

Back