over 40 advice thread for the youngins

ok how abou this
wht advice do you have for a 33 year old white male with chronic back pain, chronic migraines, arthritis in the right elbow and wrist and left ankle, and jammed finger?

Johnney said:
ok how abou this
wht advice do you have for a 33 year old white male with chronic back pain, chronic migraines, arthritis in the right elbow and wrist and left ankle, and jammed finger?

tell your wife to lick it till it feels better.................next caller

Kathianne said:
Gee Mr. P, you are good for more than recipes, though a master at that, so damn keep posting them.

For every downside, there are enumerable upsides. (Even when it doesn't feel that way.)

ya can always flip her over................next caller

Johnney said:
ok how abou this

Punt.

gop_jeff said:
OK... what advice do you old fogeys have for 28-years-young me? :D

Here's a piece of information any young un can learn from....

The best "get rich quick" scheme will take you 30-35 years!

The best way to fund your get rich quick scheme is to work 1/2 days.

Pick any 12 hours, 7 days a week, and work as smart, and as hard as you can!

Mr. P said:
:thup: And listen to what they have to say. Chances are they've "Been there, done that" you don't need to make the same mistakes.:D

LOL we my have to be sastisfied with some like------"don't think we're stupid because we forget where we left our glasses" :D .

manu1959 said:
remeber the good olde days when youngens said yes sir
remember that good olde days when the school kids had a problem with each other they went out back and kicked the shit out of each other instead of getting a gun and killing 10 people

Johnney said:
remember that good olde days when the school kids had a problem with each other they went out back and kicked the shit out of each other instead of getting a gun and killing 10 people

ya---I think that actual fighting requires too much effort these days and taking the chance that you might LOSE the fight is totally unacceptable.

dilloduck said:
Accept the fact that you can't save the whole world?

That drops down depressed, we're left with pissed and stressed :)
thank you :), sadly i don't think i will ever learn that lesson as it is a religious requirement for me

NATO AIR said:
thank you :), sadly i don't think i will ever learn that lesson as it is a religious requirement for me

Since it's a religious issue I would recommend talking to several members of your faith and see how they cope with these issues----just a thought.

NATO AIR said:
Maybe accept the fact that you can't carry the weight of ALL the worlds
wrongs nor fix them alone, and there are others sharing the burden, you may feel better.

Mr. P said:
Maybe accept the fact that you can't carry the weight of ALL the worlds
wrongs nor fix them alone, and there are others sharing the burden, you may feel better.

This is good advice.

its so hard right now though. unbearable at times.

My late grandfather passed on these words of wisdom to me:

1. Read everything you can lay your eyes on. Doesn't matter if it is a newspaper or a catsup bottle - you never know when you might need that information some day.

2. Never put on paper something you don't want the whole world to know.

3. If you put your name to something, make sure it is perfect.

4. All you really need to do is follow the Golden Rule.

5. I don't care what anybody says, wrestling on T.V. is real.

I have tried to live my life following 1-4. We won't talk about #5...lol.

I think I have done well so far.

Forum List

Back