Our canine warrior returns

Diuretic

Permanently confused
Apr 26, 2006
South Australia est 1836
If this the wrong forum a mod will move it but here goes:

A BRAVE young Aussie warrior who went missing in action during the heat of battle has been found safe and well after spending a year in the Afghan desert.

But ''Sabi'', a black Australian labrador, aged around four, is back home now on the Australian base at Tarin Kowt.

Sabi was rescued by an American serviceman who suspected she was not an enemy combatant, but a highly trained, hairy bomb-sniffing Digger.

"Digger" is what we call our soldiers. Lovely story and some wonderful kindness to this animal by an unknown Afghani man and an American soldier called John.

Worth a read:

Sabi | ADF Explosive Detection Dog | Back From Enemy Lines | Afghanistan

600-sabi9-600x400.jpg

Last edited:
If this the wrong forum a mod will move it but here goes:

A BRAVE young Aussie warrior who went missing in action during the heat of battle has been found safe and well after spending a year in the Afghan desert.

But ''Sabi'', a black Australian labrador, aged around four, is back home now on the Australian base at Tarin Kowt.

Sabi was rescued by an American serviceman who suspected she was not an enemy combatant, but a highly trained, hairy bomb-sniffing Digger.

"Digger" is what we call our soldiers. Lovely story and some wonderful kindness to this animal buy an unknown Afghani man and an American soldier called John.

Worth a read:

Sabi | ADF Explosive Detection Dog | Back From Enemy Lines | Afghanistan

600-sabi9-600x400.jpg

Aww. I just got up, do NOT make me cry with a doggie story... :)

What a beaut! :clap2:

Well done, Digger. I hope you enjoy your pensioner years--collecting a full benefit of bones and human affection!

Good Dog! :D

Dogs are so useful there and in Iraq. While at a veterinary surgeon last year, I met a retiring lab and his handler. Too cute and very useful. Some funny stories, too.

Forum List

Back